Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Odd receiver(s) out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treece300e

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Odd receiver(s) out? Reply with quote

Greetings Rams Fans! Texans fan here wondering about the WR position battle. I have read a few posts and it appears that DX, Gibson or Pettis seem like the guys that may not make it. I'm looking for a bit more insight. I know Pettis isn't eligible until week 3, so that could mean one of those guys, or Steve Smith perhaps, would be retained until Pettis can return. We are desperately seeking another WR, preferably someone with #2 ability, playing opposite Andre.

I'm wondering which receiver(s) will not make the roster and if any of them would make a decent #2 or #3 on what is primarily a run-first, Play-Action passing team? Typically our coaches look for bigger guys 6-1 to 6-4 that can run block and are pretty clean off the field, good route-runners and possession types. Any insight that you can offer about those traits is great.

I'm really looking forward to the Rams season. I had you guys slotted to win the division last year until The Niners went on a tear and your O-Line couldn't protect Bradford. Salas and Pettis also came out of the WAC, and being a BSU fan, I saw both of them play a lot and hoped they'd do well. Best of luck in the upcoming season.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still strongly believe that Gibson will be the odd man out. He showed glimpses of being good early on and thats it. DX has potential when healthy and Pettis despite the suspension was a rookie last year and while he doesnt have alot of speed, he runs solid routes and has very good hands. He just needs to settle into the speed of the Pro game.

So yeah, I say Gibson. And trust me, you guys dont want him. Jacoby Jones had more to offer than Gibson and you guys cut him.
Brodie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I still strongly believe that Gibson will be the odd man out. He showed glimpses of being good early on and thats it. DX has potential when healthy and Pettis despite the suspension was a rookie last year and while he doesnt have alot of speed, he runs solid routes and has very good hands. He just needs to settle into the speed of the Pro game.

So yeah, I say Gibson. And trust me, you guys dont want him. Jacoby Jones had more to offer than Gibson and you guys cut him.

If DX gets injured in the preseason it can easily be him getting cut instead. Hope he doesnt cuz dude is a beast at some random times during a game.

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for a good WR on our roster is a fool's errand. Especially if you're not interested in an Amendola type. I'd avoid it altogether if I were you.

Let me put it this way, whoever you are counting on as your (Texans) #3, we'd be interesting in adding him to our roster.

If healthy, DX could fill a role outside of the hashes, but he hasn't been ever been healthy, and if the past is a solid indicator, he will not ever be healthy.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
treece300e

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information everyone. In our Minicamp right now, we have Devier Posey, Keyshawn Martin, Jeff Maehl, Jerrel Jackson Mario Louis and Juaquin Iglesias, none of whom have ever caught a pass in an a regular season game. We still have AJ and Walter, but they're out on the shelf for the week. Having anyone with game experience could be good at this point. I saw some good things from Gibson, but apparently that was a facade.

I'd love to have Pettis because I think he'd fit the system well, but I'm not counting on him getting cut prior to the season.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
Thanks for the information everyone. In our Minicamp right now, we have Devier Posey, Keyshawn Martin, Jeff Maehl, Jerrel Jackson Mario Louis and Juaquin Iglesias, none of whom have ever caught a pass in an a regular season game. We still have AJ and Walter, but they're out on the shelf for the week. Having anyone with game experience could be good at this point. I saw some good things from Gibson, but apparently that was a facade.

I'd love to have Pettis because I think he'd fit the system well, but I'm not counting on him getting cut prior to the season.

If you snagged Pettis, you'd better teach him how not to get murdered on a punt return.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: