Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Schaub is ready
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mse326

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
LOL why do you people keep wasting your time trying to convince me to like Schaub? I do not like him, but me asking to trade him or replace him has been gone for a long time, I just said he is 2nd fiddle to Brown when it comes to re-signing

Because there is such thing as a wrong opinion, and all we are doing is sharing facts trying to get you to realize that in no world is a top 5 LT more important than a top 10 QB.

No there isn't......in no way can an OPINION be wrong.....there is no facts that you can provide that compares a LT and a QB and proves which one is the smarter buy.....

Show us a team that succeeded with a top LT and blah QB.

In the last little over a decade I can only think of one and that was the 2000 Ravens. Although I think we can agree an all-time great defense had more to do with that than anything.

Look at the top tackles now
Thomas-Crap at QB and no success
Long-Crap at QB and no success
Whitworth-Crap at QB (Dalton shows some promise) and no success
Peters-Only success was year Vick had a monster year

Top QBs
Peyton Manning succeeded no matter who the LT was
Tom Brady had Matt Light. Decent but nothing special
Aaron Rodgers really doesn't have anyone on the left
Eli has had medicore left tackles

How much more do you need. A QB is far more important in every way. And hardly as replaceable.

#JDI
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
LOL why do you people keep wasting your time trying to convince me to like Schaub? I do not like him, but me asking to trade him or replace him has been gone for a long time, I just said he is 2nd fiddle to Brown when it comes to re-signing

Because there is such thing as a wrong opinion, and all we are doing is sharing facts trying to get you to realize that in no world is a top 5 LT more important than a top 10 QB.

No there isn't......in no way can an OPINION be wrong.....there is no facts that you can provide that compares a LT and a QB and proves which one is the smarter buy.....

Of course opinions can be wrong. When you make a value assessment, you are stating whether something is more or better than something else. This assessment can be objectively incorrect.

In fact, opinions don't really exist. Modernism improperly moved value assessment into the realm of the subjective, whether or not you like something is a statement of fact, and what's left in the world of what your kindergarten teacher told you was a matter of opinion sits squarely in the realm of the absurd or nonsensical.
treece300e

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Of course opinions can be wrong. When you make a value assessment, you are stating whether something is more or better than something else. This assessment can be objectively incorrect.

In fact, opinions don't really exist. Modernism improperly moved value assessment into the realm of the subjective, whether or not you like something is a statement of fact, and what's left in the world of what your kindergarten teacher told you was a matter of opinion sits squarely in the realm of the absurd or nonsensical.

You should have included a link to a Dictionary and/or Thesaurus with that post.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

...you lost me at "wrong".

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

In the last little over a decade I can only think of one and that was the 2000 Ravens. Although I think we can agree an all-time great defense had more to do with that than anything.

Top QBs

How much more do you need. A QB is far more important in every way. And hardly as replaceable.

Sorry but recent success of the top qbs in the league have swayed many opinions. The last 3-4 super bowls were top flight qbs but prior to that is was journey men and young qbs with great surrounding talent.

Tom Brady was young his 1st 2 super bowls, Big Ben was young when he won his, Rex Grossman took his team to a super bowl, Hasselbeck rode Alexander to his super bowl, hell even old Kurt Warner went to a super bowl, don't let the recent success of dominant qbs hinder the fact that the NFL is the ultimate TEAM SPORT and the LT protecting your fragile product of a qb is still the number 1 priority in the league
mse326

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Top QBs

Sorry but recent success of the top qbs in the league have swayed many opinions. The last 3-4 super bowls were top flight qbs but prior to that is was journey men and young qbs with great surrounding talent.

Tom Brady was young his 1st 2 super bowls, Big Ben was young when he won his, Rex Grossman took his team to a super bowl, Hasselbeck rode Alexander to his super bowl, hell even old Kurt Warner went to a super bowl, don't let the recent success of dominant qbs hinder the fact that the NFL is the ultimate TEAM SPORT and the LT protecting your fragile product of a qb is still the number 1 priority in the league

Protection is meaningless if the person back there can't do anything anyway.

Let me ask you a question. Assume we are in need of a LT. Would you trade Schaub straight up for Joe Thomas or Jake Long?

#JDI
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Top QBs

Patriots at that time had great defenses, Pittsburgh had a great defense, Bears had a historically great defense, Seahawks were loaded at almost every position, and Kurt Warner is a Hall of Famer who threw for almost 5,000 yards that year (and the Cardinals have been unable to replace him since). And even then, all of these QB's were at least average starters at the time (except Grossman) and none of these teams had star left tackles except the Seahawks. I fail to see how any of this information proves your point that left tackles are more important than QB's.

To give an example of kenney's point in layman's terms, if I said that my opinion on Jerry Sandusky was that I think he seems like a great guy, do you think that my opinion cannot be wrong?

Sig by matthouston91
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

IMO Aaron Rodgers is a worse QB than Colt McCoy but it's just an opinion so don't hate.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

I wish there were a way to flag posts or nominate them for induction into the FF Hall of Fame. In my subjective value assessment, this post is one of the best of the year. Way to bring up the standards of discourse around here kenney.

The Supreme Court may issue "opinions" but the result becomes the binding law of the land. Some people think things like evolution or global warming are merely "opinions" as well, while those outside Kansas understand scientific fact. Or to boil in down to the banal: opinions are like a-holes in that everyone has one, but those prone to talking out of them tend to have crappy ones that stink.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Or to boil in down to the banal: opinions are like a-holes in that everyone has one, but those prone to talking out of them tend to have crappy ones that stink.

Laughing Applause

amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well clearly im wrong, my opinion is bullshet and I should stop posting in this thread, good day gentlemen
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
well clearly im wrong, my opinion is bullshet and I should stop posting in this thread, good day gentlemen

If you can back it up with facts and prove us wrong, go ahead. I'm always willing to listen to a good argument.

Sig by matthouston91
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read on deep throws by QB's from PFF

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/29/three-years-of-deep-passing/
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

If you can back it up with facts and prove us wrong, go ahead. I'm always willing to listen to a good argument.

If I could find FACTS to back my stance than I wouldn't be wrong....
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

If I could find FACTS to back my stance than I wouldn't be wrong....

Exactly. Why would you have a stance without any facts to back it up?

Sig by matthouston91

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: