Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Schaub is ready
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Schaub is ready Reply with quote

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/06/texans-qb-schaub-says-he%E2%80%99s-100-percent-ready-to-return/

Quote:
The next time quarterback Matt Schaub and receiver Andre Johnson are on the field together, they will not be highly paid Texans cheerleaders.

Schaub (foot) and Johnson (knee) watched and advised during the 10 organized team activities. They’ll sit out next week’s minicamp with about 30 other veterans who’ll spend three days in the weight room and leave the on-field work to players who need to learn the system.

“I’m ready to go,” Schaub said Friday.

Schaub is healthy after Lisfranc surgery on his right foot last November.
Schaub could have participated in the OTAs, but coach Gary Kubiak kept him out as a precaution. Like Johnson,

Schaub will be 100 percent when training camp begins in late July. Johnson had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in early May.

Well thats good.....
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, I hope they drink their milk so it stays that way.
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Good news, I hope they drink their milk so it stays that way.

Yes... and JJ should bring it to them on a tray Laughing
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe now since Schaub is under center Kubes will start complimenting all these young receivers we have, instead of saying how good our defense looks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Maybe now since Schaub is under center Kubes will start complimenting all these young receivers we have, instead of saying how good our defense looks

Still gotta wait till July 31st to see Schaub under center, also I'd rather have our too defense shutting down our offense than an unproven group of WR's owning our top defense.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Still gotta wait till July 31st to see Schaub under center, also I'd rather have our too defense shutting down our offense than an unproven group of WR's owning our top defense.

I second that.. AND I think if Earl Mitchell wins the NT job and Mercilus, Reed, and Barwin all stay healthy.. I think they can break the single season sack record.. They had 6th most in the league last season without their best pass rusher AND Watt and Reed were rooks on no offseason..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:

Defense always looks great in camp. They'll always have the upper hand, and if the coach is talking about great offensive performance in camp, you'll be watching a terrible defense during the season.

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Defense always looks great in camp. They'll always have the upper hand, and if the coach is talking about great offensive performance in camp, you'll be watching a terrible defense during the season.

Exactly, the offense has way to much timing involved to be crisp in OTA's especially with our back up QB throwing to our rookie WR's

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
treece300e

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Exactly, the offense has way to much timing involved to be crisp in OTA's especially with our back up QB throwing to our rookie WR's

Against a Top 5 Defensive unit that is only lost one 1-2 starters, 'Meco and Allen.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be interesting to see if Schaub finally gets his due this year. He was having a Pro Bowl year last year when he went down and there is no reason to think he wouldn't have beaten the Bengals just the same and given us a better shot against the Ravens or I suspect led us to a #1 seed. IMO the "lack of playoff success" hole in his resume is simply a reflection of the crappy defenses here, the Colts dominance in our division, and doesn't indicate that he is lacking in leadership skill and his "game winning drive" stats would look quite a bit better if the defense didn't give up so many of the late games leads he gave us. There is more to being considered "elite" than stats alone at the QB position, but Schaub does have a top 10 all-time QBR ahead of guys that get far more publicity like Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer, Flacco, etc. Eli Manning may have 2 rings, but also sports a QBR 10 points lower than Schaub (92.2 to 82.1). Phillip Rivers, Mike Vick, and Romo are all older than Schaub and I don't see them flashing any rings despite having much more complete teams than Schaub ever had before last year with the Texans.

There is no question that Schaub needs to stay healthy this year (just bench him if Kryptonite Haynesworth plays against us at any point) and he's going to likely face some serious attacks with the right side of the line being new and defenses smelling blood if he shows further reduced mobility with the lisfranc, but he's also in a position to rely on a running game and defense more than ever. I suspect Kubiak will have plenty of reminders about how Elway finally started getting rings at the end of his career when the run game and defense won games instead of him having to do it all himself and Schaub is still 6 years younger than Elway when he finally got a ring.

First thing is first and Schaub needs to guide us to another division title and success in the playoffs, but I sure hope we avoid any QB controversy stuff here this year or any talk of replacing him next year as it simply is not warranted unless something catastrophic happens this year. Heck, something catastrophic did happen to Jay Cutler in the playoffs two years ago and he followed it up with a crappy year last year and you don't see even a minor rumbling about replacing him in Chicago despite the fact that he's never put up a season as good as Schaub's worst season.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put this in your pipe and smoke it AX2!

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/16/matt-schaub
Quote:

A study by ESPN's Ron Jaworski finds that Matt Schaub has been among the best quarterbacks in the NFL on first downs over the last four years.
Not only has Schaub been consistently above 9.0 YPA on first-and-ten, he has placed in the top-five in the NFL in producing a second consecutive first down in each of the past four seasons. Schaub's production is buoyed by coach Gary Kubiak's zone-blocking scheme, which goes hand-in-glove with the controlled passing game featuring a heavy dose of play-action. While Jaws continues to question Schaub's durability, he notes that the Texans' starter has been one of the most consistent passers in the NFL over the past half-decade

FWIW, I reject the durability arguments when it comes to Schaub. If you take 2 Albert Haynesworth cheap shots plus one freak injury plus the cheap shot(s) from Jared Allen out of the equation, he doesn't miss a game in 5 years. Did Brady have durability concerns because he took a hit to the knee from Pollard and missed the season? If he had the "halo" around him that Manning gets he'd never get hurt. Durability implies an inability to play thru pain and Schaub played through the 2nd half of 09 with separated shoulder and still led the NFL in yards, attempts, completions, etc.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW - He has Schaub ahead of Newton, Bradford, Stafford. So much for how easy it is to replace him in the draft considering he has him ahead of the past 3 #1 overall picks at QB, not to mention recent first rounders Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Dalton, Tebow, Sanchez, Freeman, plus Dalton and #1 overall Carson Palmer & Alex Smith. Of course, I think Schaub is miles ahead of Flacco and slightly ahead of Ryan as well but I guess Jaws has them higher probably because of the durability factor. Jaws has always had a man crush on Cutler that I don't understand as well.

amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL why do you people keep wasting your time trying to convince me to like Schaub? I do not like him, but me asking to trade him or replace him has been gone for a long time, I just said he is 2nd fiddle to Brown when it comes to re-signing
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
LOL why do you people keep wasting your time trying to convince me to like Schaub? I do not like him, but me asking to trade him or replace him has been gone for a long time, I just said he is 2nd fiddle to Brown when it comes to re-signing

Because there is such thing as a wrong opinion, and all we are doing is sharing facts trying to get you to realize that in no world is a top 5 LT more important than a top 10 QB.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Because there is such thing as a wrong opinion, and all we are doing is sharing facts trying to get you to realize that in no world is a top 5 LT more important than a top 10 QB.

No there isn't......in no way can an OPINION be wrong.....there is no facts that you can provide that compares a LT and a QB and proves which one is the smarter buy.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: