You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos, Warren Agree on Restructured Contract

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Broncos, Warren Agree on Restructured Contract Reply with quote

Finally.

Wonder what happens with Thomas now? Bannan and Vickerson/Wolfe as the starters, Warren and Siliga as well as Garland as depth still leave room for Thomas as a clear cut second tier DT.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-warren-agree-on-restructured-contract/
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Broncos, Warren Agree on Restructured Contract Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Finally.

Wonder what happens with Thomas now? Bannan and Vickerson/Wolfe as the starters, Warren and Siliga as well as Garland as depth still leave room for Thomas as a clear cut second tier DT.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-warren-agree-on-restructured-contract/

I'm pretty stoked Warren took a pay cut. He dropped to 310 he says is his ideal weight. He says he has never felt better and more refreshed since he was in high school. I hope we can squeeze a few more Pro Bowl years out of him he is only 31. He only adds depth to our DTs which I am much more comfortable about than last year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Broncos, Warren Agree on Restructured Contract Reply with quote

Good news indeed. I have my doubts about New England castoffs considering their nearly complete lack of success here, but Warren, like the other 79 players who go to camp, will have a chance to earn a roster spot. Fox and JDR will evaluate him based upon his abilities and on what he does here, not what he did in New England and not what Elway apologists like Woody Paige write about him (anyone venture to guess what Woody would have said had it been Mac, not Elway and Fox, who signed and championed Warren?).
BroncoinGermany wrote:

I think EFJDR are happy with our depth at DL. Should they be? That's another issue. But between Vickerson, Bannan, Wolfe, Warren, Siliga and Unrein, not to mention Garland and Jackson who can both play inside on passing downs, they seem content to go with what we've got inside. That doesn't bode well for Thomas.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that Marcus Thomas is a less-ballyhooed version of Ndamukong Suh but I do have a hard time seeing how we are so deep at DT that he is not worth bringing to camp to compete for a job. I don't see any harm in offering Thomas a 1-year veteran minimum deal to show up to Dove Valley in late July/early August to compete for spot on the team. If he makes the team then we get him for cheap, if he doesn't we're not out anything. After all the man is only 26 and has started, in four different defenses, 34 games in five seasons.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Broncos, Warren Agree on Restructured Contract Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I don't see any harm in offering Thomas a 1-year veteran minimum deal to show up to Dove Valley in late July/early August to compete for spot on the team.

My understanding is they already had a one year offer on the table which Thomas turned down, seeking a longer deal.
I seriously doubt that he fits in the plan now at any price.
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Broncos, Warren Agree on Restructured Contract Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I don't see any harm in offering Thomas a 1-year veteran minimum deal to show up to Dove Valley in late July/early August to compete for spot on the team.

My understanding is they already had a one year offer on the table which Thomas turned down, seeking a longer deal.

I follow Thomas in twitter and the dude is on vacation like every day lol. I don't think he has plans on accepting any 1 year contract ( which is understandable). I like Thomas but we have Vickerson who would've started in front of Thomas so I think he shouldn't get a huge contract.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't know what to expect out of Warren after, what is it 2 years of not playing? Either way I'm glad he restructured and it gives Denver another big body in the middle.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Broncos, Warren Agree on Restructured Contract Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Well at this point I think all he is going to get, from us or any of the other 31 teams, is a one year deal. He should take it.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Well I don't know what to expect out of Warren after, what is it 2 years of not playing? Either way I'm glad he restructured and it gives Denver another big body in the middle.

+1

Should be interesting to see if he even makes a difference in OTA's, let alone an actual NFL game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Broncos, Warren Agree on Restructured Contract Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Well at this point I think all he is going to get, from us or any of the other 31 teams, is a one year deal. He should take it.

No #hit. That guys gotta have quite an inflated view of his value.

Could have a great career in politics.
M-High Marauder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because the Broncos got Warren to agree to a new contract, doesn't guarantee that he will even make the team.

Remember this is a guy who hasn't played in 2 years. There aren't many guys that I can think of that have had an impact after sitting out two years.

Outside of the obvious injury issue where he needs to at least stay healthy through training camp, who knows what kind of shape he is in.

I know that he said that he had been working out and feels great, but being in shape, and being in football shape are two entirely different things, especially for a guy his size; this isn't a slot receiver we are talking about here.

I'm just reserving judgement until after training camp.

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-High - I don't know. I will be optimistic to say that maybe two years off may have helped him getting even more healthy. He said that he hasn't felt as good as he does right now since high school. I hope that prolongs his career by a few years and he can be a quality DT here for a bit longer.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: