Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle Mariners Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqE7zd5RIH4&feature=youtu.be

Felix Hernandez is older than me but if he could adopt me that would be super cool.

vikingsrule wrote:
Offense (Air Coryell):

QB - Matt Cassel
Eagles27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much all the decent FA's got qualifying offers.

So its either Melky Cabrera, or JackZ with another offseason of bargain hunting. (Barring a trade of course) Maybe take a chance on Grady Sizemore?

Either way, it doesn't make sense to give up the 12th pick for a free agent at this point.

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no need to give away our top pick for a short term fix.

Nice to have Iwakuma back, really wanted him and its not long or too expensive. Not the greatest pitcher, but he's cheap and has some nice games for us.

Kempes

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2/14 or 3/20 if his option is picked up.

Solid deal for the team. Hopefully he performs as he did in the second half of the season.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mariners GM Jack Mariners GM Zduriencik says that he expects to have more money available than the $85MM the team opened 2012 with, Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times tweets.

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Quote:
Mariners GM Jack Mariners GM Zduriencik says that he expects to have more money available than the $85MM the team opened 2012 with, Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times tweets.
Are we cutting again? Or more money spending this offseason?

I'd like to see some dealing of our many 4th OF type players. I think Thames, Saunders and Guti are most likely to make it, with that last spot going to either Wells/Carp/Robinson. Maybe add a 1B in case the last month was a fluke from Smoak. Let Montero just worry about hitting this offseason and let Jaso/Zunino catch this year, obviously giving some time for Zunino in AAA.

It's crazy to think we may have the best minor league team in back to back years. Jackson last year and possibly Tacoma this year.

Kempes

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
Quote:
Are we cutting again? Or more money spending this offseason?

I'd like to see some dealing of our many 4th OF type players. I think Thames, Saunders and Guti are most likely to make it, with that last spot going to either Wells/Carp/Robinson. Maybe add a 1B in case the last month was a fluke from Smoak. Let Montero just worry about hitting this offseason and let Jaso/Zunino catch this year, obviously giving some time for Zunino in AAA.

It's crazy to think we may have the best minor league team in back to back years. Jackson last year and possibly Tacoma this year.

Well, he will at least be allotted more than 85 million to spend this year. Though I'm sure he wont spend frivolously and put us back in a tough spot.

As far as the OF's go... I'd say Saunders, Guti, & Wells should make the team. Somebody has to be added there though, while Thames and Robinson push Wells for his spot.

Carp should be packaged in a trade as a third/fourth piece.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M's re-sign Oliver Perez. 1Y/1.5M

Really surprised he came back. He could have been a 7th inning guy on another team IMO. He's going to be the 5th/6th guy out of the pen here.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Pokes head in*

Glad we re-signed Iwakuma and Perez. Nice to actually have lefty relievers.

Luetge, Furbush, and Perez is a very good trio. Furbush can get both out and go multiple innings while Perez and Luetge own lefties.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
*Pokes head in*

Luetge, Furbush, and Perez is a very good trio. Furbush can get both out and go multiple innings while Perez and Luetge own lefties.

Wasn't this like the third year in a row you were banned during the playoffs? Laughing

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
*Pokes head in*

Wasn't this like the third year in a row you were banned during the playoffs? Laughing

Second. Laughing

I was here for the first Rangers implosion. (My God, I just started to use a hashtag for "#Rangers", too much twitter for me in my absence, lmao.)

Oh my how I loved the Rangers not making the playoffs, twas glorious. I still hassled DCR about it on Twitter, though. Hahaha.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
*Pokes head in*

Second. Laughing

I was here for the first Rangers implosion. (My God, I just started to use a hashtag for "#Rangers", too much twitter for me in my absence, lmao.)

Oh my how I loved the Rangers not making the playoffs, twas glorious. I still hassled DCR about it on Twitter, though. Hahaha.

Yeah, their choke job was hilarious.

This forum has been relatively dead without you, so I'm glad your back. Cool I've got a feeling we'll have a decent amount of M's news to discuss this offseason.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
*Pokes head in*

Second. Laughing

Yeah, their choke job was hilarious.

This forum has been relatively dead without you, so I'm glad your back. Cool I've got a feeling we'll have a decent amount of M's news to discuss this offseason.

Agreed. Lots of stuff to talk about.

I have a feeling something surrounding Paxton is going to happen.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Paul Morosi called us "a team to watch" on Josh Hamilton. (Along with the Brewers)

I'm completely against giving up our draft pick, but if we do, I think Hamilton is the only player who could potentially be worth it. He's too risky for my liking, but it would be nice to see the team make a splash, and push us towards being relevant again. If it's 5 years or less, I wouldn't be too upset.

Also wouldn't hurt our chances of locking up Felix.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Jon Paul Morosi called us "a team to watch" on Josh Hamilton. (Along with the Brewers)

I'm completely against giving up our draft pick, but if we do, I think Hamilton is the only player who could potentially be worth it. He's too risky for my liking, but it would be nice to see the team make a splash, and push us towards being relevant again. If it's 5 years or less, I wouldn't be too upset.

Also wouldn't hurt our chances of locking up Felix.

Yeah, wouldn't mind Hamilton. 5 years would be the max like you said, though.

This draft is weak as hell, so if we get Hamilton for the 12th pick, I'll live with it.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 59 of 99

Jump to: