Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle Mariners Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another obligatory "I love Felix," post.

Love being able to keep a star, we always seem to lose them.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Felix Hernandez will not pitch for his native Venezuela in the upcoming World Baseball Classic.
Hernandez was included on the provisional roster for Venezuela when it was announced last month, but he has backed out, citing his new (not finalized) contract and pressure from the Mariners. While this is a disappointing turn of events for Venezuela, it's no surprise that the Mariners would prefer that he not participate.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Franklin stated he added 35 pounds over the offseason.

DAMN. Shocked

That is no small feat. It could be just him working harder and growing into his body, though. 6'1 215-220 pounds. Hoping for big things from him this year.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was reading that latest article from Churchill. All those quotes from rival club scouts saying we should win 85-88 games this year. Feels good.

I just want .500 this year.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:

DAMN. Shocked

That is no small feat. It could be just him working harder and growing into his body, though. 6'1 215-220 pounds. Hoping for big things from him this year.

At fanfest he said the 30+ pounds brought him into the 190 range. He's definitely not big, but hopefully it helps his power out. (He was playing at 160 or something like that)

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Joe Saunders' one-year deal with the Mariners is worth $6.5 million.
Saunders could make an additional $1 million with incentives. The deal includes a mutual option for 2014.

Cheaper than I expected.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

DAMN. Shocked

At fanfest he said the 30+ pounds brought him into the 190 range. He's definitely not big, but hopefully it helps his power out. (He was playing at 160 or something like that)

Didn't know that. Fangraphs lists him at 6'1 180.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Looks like the M's and Jon Garland have a deal pending a physical.

https://twitter.com/ProspectInsider/status/300037994054819841
Eagles27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garland is a decent gamble. Probably won't make the team, but has the upside to be a solid 5th starter.

Glad to see the FO not handing Beavan a rotation spot. If he does make the team, hopefully one of our prospects is ready by mid-season.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:
Looks like the M's and Jon Garland have a deal pending a physical.

https://twitter.com/ProspectInsider/status/300037994054819841

Interesting. Apparently they don't want Beavan starting at all. Personally, I'd rather Beavan start over Garland...

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Was reading that latest article from Churchill. All those quotes from rival club scouts saying we should win 85-88 games this year. Feels good.

Just read those as well. Nice to hear. Like you, I'd be satisfied with .500. Just 3 days until pitchers & catchers. Cool

Anyways, with it looking like Bourn will sign with the Mets (I still think the Rangers will be in on him as well), and Saunders under contract, I think it's safe to assume we won't be giving up our first round draft pick.

Early favorites?

After going with "safe" picks with our last 3 first rounders, I'm hoping we go with some upside this year. It doesn't have to be a prep, but just a player with a huge ceiling. With so much talent in the upper minors, I think it makes sense to go in that direction. A bat would be preferable as well.

Austin Wilson, Justin Williams, & Kris Bryant are the 3 I like right now.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

Just read those as well. Nice to hear. Like you, I'd be satisfied with .500. Just 3 days until pitchers & catchers. Cool

Anyways, with it looking like Bourn will sign with the Mets (I still think the Rangers will be in on him as well), and Saunders under contract, I think it's safe to assume we won't be giving up our first round draft pick.

Early favorites?

After going with "safe" picks with our last 3 first rounders, I'm hoping we go with some upside this year. It doesn't have to be a prep, but just a player with a huge ceiling. With so much talent in the upper minors, I think it makes sense to go in that direction. A bat would be preferable as well.

Austin Wilson, Justin Williams, & Kris Bryant are the 3 I like right now.

3 days, can't wait.

I'd be beyond happy if we got Austin Wilson at this point. Dude's a stud.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPN's Buster Olney reports that concern over Felix Hernandez's pitching elbow might affect the contract extension he agreed to last week.
Well, that certainly came out of nowhere. It was reported last week that King Felix and the Mariners had a deal in place that would pay him a total of $175 million over the next seven seasons, but evidently a physical he took raised a red flag about an elbow issue. It's not clear at this point whether the extension will be reworked or scrapped altogether, nor is it clear whether the ailment might be serious enough to affect his availability for the start of the season

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Buster Olney reports that concern over Felix Hernandez's pitching elbow might affect the contract extension he agreed to last week.
Well, that certainly came out of nowhere. It was reported last week that King Felix and the Mariners had a deal in place that would pay him a total of $175 million over the next seven seasons, but evidently a physical he took raised a red flag about an elbow issue. It's not clear at this point whether the extension will be reworked or scrapped altogether, nor is it clear whether the ailment might be serious enough to affect his availability for the start of the season

Sounds like rumor mill garbage to me. If it isn't. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3:10pm: Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik was asked by Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times whether Hernandez failed his physical and responded, "Iím just not going to comment on that while negotiations are ongoing. Thatís our policy. We donít comment on any of that stuff." Baker writes something has clearly hit a snag, but the rumors can be silenced if Hernandez participates fully in all workouts on Wednesday, the first scheduled practice for pitchers and catchers.

2:55pm: "We've had a code of silence all along on this, and that hasn't changed," agent Alan Nero, who represents Hernandez, told Bob Nightengale of the USA Today. "We're dealing with a lot of issues." Nightengale also tweets Hernandez knew the elbow was an issue after his physical, but both sides say they still hope to complete the extension.
Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#WQyce8qoppsHf422.99

Quote:
If Felix Hernandez had some type of serious elbow issue now, then talks would likely cease. Sounds more like a potential issue down road

https://twitter.com/gbakermariners/status/300718241196675072

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 82 of 99

Jump to: