Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Here's to you, Mr. Robinson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Josh Robinson has been on the field more than many anticipated and effectively switches out with Antoine Winfield and Chris Cook. In his first game as a pro vs. Jacksonville, he was on the field 48 percent of the time. In the three games that followed, he was on the field two-thirds of the time, including 76 percent of the defensive snaps against Detroit in Week 4. Robinson has quickly gone from being a nickel back type to being a player the Vikings defense is counting on.

http://www.foxsportsnext.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/stories/vikings_-rookies-getting-it-done.20121008.html

Its amazing how sports journalists can be so uninformed. Robinson never played nickel, he has always been on the outside and Winfield played nickel.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie CB Josh Robinson (58 snaps) got the start in Winfield's place and was targeted nine times, with seven complete (one wiped out by penalty) for a net of 58 yards. Robinson is conceding a lot underneath and receivers know they can outmuscle his jam, but he's not giving up the big play

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Breaking_down_the_tape_from_the_Vikings_win_over_the_Titans100912
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Its amazing how sports journalists can be so uninformed. Robinson never played nickel, he has always been on the outside and Winfield played nickel.

The third corner is always called the nickel, no matter if he plays outside or inside. Winfield was starting in base coverage, so Robinson was the nickel, with Winfield sliding inside.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

The third corner is always called the nickel, no matter if he plays outside or inside. Winfield was starting in base coverage, so Robinson was the nickel, with Winfield sliding inside.

I was always under the impression that the nickel CB was the one who plays on the inside on 3 CB sets. Atleast that is how I was raised into thinking that position to be.
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the term could be used either way depending on what you're trying to describe, but I've heard it mostly the way Klomp is saying.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Klomp wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I was always under the impression that the nickel CB was the one who plays on the inside on 3 CB sets. Atleast that is how I was raised into thinking that position to be.

Nickel corner is the third cornerback to come in; slot corner is the corner that is inside.
Yfz01

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Rookie CB Josh Robinson (58 snaps) got the start in Winfield's place and was targeted nine times, with seven complete (one wiped out by penalty) for a net of 58 yards. Robinson is conceding a lot underneath and receivers know they can outmuscle his jam, but he's not giving up the big play

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Breaking_down_the_tape_from_the_Vikings_win_over_the_Titans100912

A couple of those were some perfect throws, and he was right on the receiver not allowing any YAC.

Can't wait for him to jump one or two of those.

Lil Uno with the sig.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On what becoming a starter did for him:

Robinson: "It gives you a lot of confidence. It helps you out in your game. Antoine is a great guy. You know he's going to support you even if he's not starting. I think Antoine was the one who said, 'Let him do it. He's ready.' Any time I have a question or any time there's an issue on the field, Antoine is the first one to let me know how he'd play it or what I should do."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_21741355/vikings-rookie-josh-robinson-everyone-gets-tested-i

Winfield.should.be.coaching.some.day.

no ego, all dedication.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
On what becoming a starter did for him:

Robinson: "It gives you a lot of confidence. It helps you out in your game. Antoine is a great guy. You know he's going to support you even if he's not starting. I think Antoine was the one who said, 'Let him do it. He's ready.' Any time I have a question or any time there's an issue on the field, Antoine is the first one to let me know how he'd play it or what I should do."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_21741355/vikings-rookie-josh-robinson-everyone-gets-tested-i

Winfield.should.be.coaching.some.day.

no ego, all dedication.

Replace Joe Woods as our DB coach next year?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Replace Joe Woods as our DB coach next year?

not really, just make him some form of "special assistant."

work him in slowly.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
lacrosse59

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious how josh played against the redskins?
Yfz01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lacrosse59 wrote:
Just curious how josh played against the redskins?

Not that well. Looked like he gave up a lot of inside routes to the WR's.

Still confident in him going forward. Great athleticism is apparent.

Lil Uno with the sig.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell because I don't know if we were in man or zone for those consistent routes over the middle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: