Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Janoris Hype
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brodie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MISTA314 wrote:
I've been on the Jenkins bandwagon since 2009 when he really started to come into his own at UF. 2010 was his breakout year. Jrry and I had a healthy debate a while back regarding jenkins and alshon (who would we rather spend a 1st round pick on.) Jrry was pro Alshon and I was pro Jenkins. In the end we both agreed that Jenkins was a top 10 player and arguably the best CB in the draft based on talent alone. I definately dont think it should come as a surprise that he's getting so much praise. I just can't wait to see him line up across from so of the top WR in the league and see how he matches up Wink

Watched that video of him VS alshon on youtube was surprised how good he did considering how bigger Alshon is. For a short dude he aint scared of them big receivers which is good

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
CalifornianRam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he shut down just about every big name in college so im happy we have a good shut down corner again partnered up with the most frustrating and anger inducing Courtland Finnegan. this guys forces more penalties from wr's than i have ever seen lol.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
I honestly really liked the fact that with finnegan as our number 1, he's not going to get thrown directly into the fire and will have a chance to grow and flash his talent. And when he makes mistakes most of the time it might not be the number one receiver.

I just hope he stays out of trouble, it pisses me off to NO END when some of these guys get into trouble.

hey, what are you doing with that avi?

Representing oe of my favorite albums. Cool

you have good taste my friend, that is my favorite artist of all time Cool (as you can tell by my sig, and avi)

Hes not my favorite but up there. And i will legit bump graduation until I die. Only thing I didnt like was he wasited time with 808s and heartbreaks.
tim199009

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
I honestly really liked the fact that with finnegan as our number 1, he's not going to get thrown directly into the fire and will have a chance to grow and flash his talent. And when he makes mistakes most of the time it might not be the number one receiver.

I just hope he stays out of trouble, it pisses me off to NO END when some of these guys get into trouble.

hey, what are you doing with that avi?

Representing oe of my favorite albums. Cool

you have good taste my friend, that is my favorite artist of all time Cool (as you can tell by my sig, and avi)

Hes not my favorite but up there. And i will legit bump graduation until I die. Only thing I didnt like was he wasited time with 808s and heartbreaks.

thats actually my favorite album from him, if you give it a fair listen its alot better than people make it out to be.
MISTA314

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalifornianRam wrote:
he shut down just about every big name in college so im happy we have a good shut down corner again partnered up with the most frustrating and anger inducing Courtland Finnegan. this guys forces more penalties from wr's than i have ever seen lol.

Thats probably the thing i love about him the most. He doesn't care how big, how fast, how talented you are, what type of numbers you've put up........Jenkins could care less. He honestly believes he can shut down any WR he faces and actually has the talent to back it up!
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MISTA314 wrote:
CalifornianRam wrote:

Thats probably the thing i love about him the most. He doesn't care how big, how fast, how talented you are, what type of numbers you've put up........Jenkins could care less. He honestly believes he can shut down any WR he faces and actually has the talent to back it up!

I absolutly agree with these statements, he is an absolute beast, and I just hope that he keeps it going and stay out of trouble, he will be a pro bowler if he does.

l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just hoping for a solid season as the #2 or nickle CB. He'll have to make major adjustments to the pro game, hopefully he can learn quickly and adjust to the speed/strength of the pro WRs.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
I'm just hoping for a solid season as the #2 or nickle CB. He'll have to make major adjustments to the pro game, hopefully he can learn quickly and adjust to the speed/strength of the pro WRs.

Hmm, I tend to disagree. I think he is pro ready, just as much as claiborne, hes the best coverage man in the draft.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Hmm, I tend to disagree. I think he is pro ready, just as much as claiborne, hes the best coverage man in the draft.

I didn't say he wasn't ready, I'm just hoping for a solid season. He'll probably struggle a lot during his rookie season adjusting to the pro game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I didn't say he wasn't ready, I'm just hoping for a solid season. He'll probably struggle a lot during his rookie season adjusting to the pro game.

That's the truth, rookie corners rarely have pro-bowl seasons. More than just hoping he will have a solid year in coverage, Im hoping he has a good year returning the ball as well. That's one of his great strengths that does immediately translate to the NFL.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

That's the truth, rookie corners rarely have pro-bowl seasons. More than just hoping he will have a solid year in coverage, Im hoping he has a good year returning the ball as well. That's one of his great strengths that does immediately translate to the NFL.

I don't know about the truth but certainly a valid opinion. Although keep in mind that former teammate Joe Haden transitioned seamlessly. Janoris and Joe are a lot alike in terms of playing style and imo, Janoris was a better cover CB prospect than Joe(ignoring his off the field issues).

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love his confidence, like someone posted up there^^^

Janoris is going to go into week 1 with the mind frame of saying "I WILL shut down Calvin Johnson" I love that confidence.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
RamsFanInNY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
Step aside Revis. Its Jekins Island bra

Love it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: