Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another DirtyJersey9ers mock draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Another DirtyJersey9ers mock draft. Reply with quote

This is a quick no trade mock.

1. Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
2. Zack Ertz, TE, Stanford
2. DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina
3. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UCONN
3. Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
4. Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
4. JC Tretter, G, Cornell
5. William Gholston, DE, Michigan State

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really REALLY good.

Small criticisms:
I'd prefer a different CB.. something about Blidi-Wreh didn't work for me when watching him. Why an OG and not an OT? I like Swope, but make 3a Aaron Dobson and 3b BW Webb? and I'd love it even more. Not a big fan of Gholston. Reach for the optimistic stars and make that one Mike Catapano from Princeton.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
It's really REALLY good.

Small criticisms:
I'd prefer a different CB.. something about Blidi-Wreh didn't work for me when watching him. Why an OG and not an OT? I like Swope, but make 3a Aaron Dobson and 3b BW Webb? and I'd love it even more. Not a big fan of Gholston. Reach for the optimistic stars and make that one Mike Catapano from Princeton.

I mostly picked Blidi Wreh because I know the team wants a bigger CB. Also an OG for formations sake and because if one of the OTs go down we can slide Boone over and use a drafted OG in Boone's spot.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. This one is one of my favorites. A small nit is that I would take an OT instead of an OG. We have a couple of backups at G but nothing of note at tackle.

Another thing to think about is that we have yet to make a FA move for a 3rd QB, which might indicate we're happy with Tolzien and will simply draft a QB to develop. If so, we all ought to start thinking about what late round QB might turn into a decent NFL QB.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it outside of Jones. An I love Ertz an Eifert alsobut wouldnt be upset if we got eathier but would prefer to take a different player at a different position. Blidi Wreh I like especially in the 3rd. Same with Swope both are two guys I have going the same area in my mock. Swearinger is some one I am a big fan of. Got Lattimore same are as you. Prefer a different OG/C in the 4th an wouldnt take Gholston in any rd, dont even want him as a undrafted FA. Cant stand him, he isnt any good and has to many flaws, character concerns an concerns with his game period.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Another DirtyJersey9ers mock draft. Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:

I like this one. Only minor quibble I would have is tretter; I'd much rather have quessenberry. He's extremely versatile on the line, and he can be a super utility guy on the line. Maybe not good enough to start, but be a decent fill in anywhere on the line in a pinch.

Not a fan of gholston. Bad tape, bad combine, not very good pro day. He's not a good prospect. I'd rather go with someone who has a ton of talent but with injury or character concerns. If montori Hughes is available for nose tackle, I think he'd be s very good pick there.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Another DirtyJersey9ers mock draft. Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:

Not keen on Gholston and you didn't trade up for Bjoern Werner! Laughing Razz

Other than that, pretty darn good...especially since you got Ertz and Swope! VERY nice consolation picks for not getting Werner. Me likey lots.
Applause
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about doing a mock, but why both. I like this one. The first 3 picks are really a likely scenario for us. What order we fill those spots in depends on who's there when we're picking. But these three are as likely as anything else I can think of. Also like the next three picks as well. After that I'd put in an OT and a QB.

Maybe I'll do one closer to the draft. But yours works for me for now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: