Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early 2013 1st round draft pick prediction..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tk3

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Early 2013 1st round draft pick prediction.. Reply with quote

I know this is BEYOND crazy.. The mood just hit me to take a stab at it..

Based on where these guys are projected now (it can change ten fold by then), where I project us, the positions we appear to need, and the type of players we target..

My guess: DE-Barkevious Mingo from LSU.. Fast DE (possibly undersized but tall enough to grow into it), put up great production in the SEC..

I like our D-Line now, but I think Anderson is not a LONG term solution..

Just for fun.. I will probably look back at this and either say "I cant believe I wanted to draft this scrub with our first" or "I cant believe I thought this stud would be available with the 17th pick"

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have us picking #16, and we select Tyler Wilson to get us over the hump.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have us picking in the 16-20 range as well, and I'm just going to throw this out there.....

Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech.

Big kid (6'6" 250+), strong arm, mobility similar to Luck - not a burner but enough to escape pressure and pick up yards.

Needs to work on his pocket presence more, but I actually compare him (from what I saw last year) to a little less polished Ben Roethlisberger.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Tk3

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
I have us picking in the 16-20 range as well, and I'm just going to throw this out there.....

Big kid (6'6" 250+), strong arm, mobility similar to Luck - not a burner but enough to escape pressure and pick up yards.

Needs to work on his pocket presence more, but I actually compare him (from what I saw last year) to a little less polished Ben Roethlisberger.

I thought about this myself..

QBs scare me.. especially after the top 5 picks.. I tend to like to go all out, or dont go at all..

I would almost prefer to take a "Mario Williams" type approach the next time a big time QB with years left goes on the market (Drew Brees from SD to NO style)

And in the meantime instead of wasting 7th rounders on kickers, take developmental college winners (think Kellen or Chase) and see if you snag a diamond in the rough..

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

I thought about this myself..

QBs scare me.. especially after the top 5 picks.. I tend to like to go all out, or dont go at all..

I would almost prefer to take a "Mario Williams" type approach the next time a big time QB with years left goes on the market (Drew Brees from SD to NO style)

And in the meantime instead of wasting 7th rounders on kickers, take developmental college winners (think Kellen or Chase) and see if you snag a diamond in the rough..

Yeah I hear ya. More often than not it seems like a QB taken in the top 5-7 pans out better than a mid to late 1st rounder. There are exceptions, such as Rodgers, but usually it's a top of the draft guy.

The way I see it, of the teams that will likely be picking ahead of us, only the Browns (maybe, depending on Weeden), Dolphins, and maybe Cards may be looking for QB's. I'm looking at Barkley, Wilson, and probably Bray to all be taken before Thomas, barring any trades. I think Thomas could fall to us simply based on team need of the teams ahead of us.
billzz

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pick has already been leaked

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
the pick has already been leaked

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think buffalo would be a good fit for wilson. Im anxious to see how he does in the nfl. I think its funny how he'll end up starting an nfl game before mallett

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gohogs14 wrote:
I think buffalo would be a good fit for wilson. Im anxious to see how he does in the nfl. I think its funny how he'll end up starting an nfl game before mallett

I think most of us hope Mallett starts multiple games this year wink wink

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert? In a complete mock NFL season I am working on I have you guys making the playoffs and drafting in the later half of round 1 and grabbing Eifert, who I think will be the consensus top rated tight end. He would give your offense a nice weapon to stretch defenses and work the middle of the field.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bills 2 main players that will be FA in the 2013 offseason if Jarius Byrd and Andy Levitre, if those guys are resigned then I wouldnt expect them to go for that position but if either one walks and the bills dont have an answer for them then they have to draft that position.

The only position the bills would go for on defense if Byrd is resigned is LB and thats if there is one that is a WOW factor.

If Fitzpatrick pans out like the Bills organization thinks he will then I see the bills going WR. If fitzpatrick doesnt pan out I expect the bills to be in the top 10 and the bills will have to take a top QB in the draft.

Either way this is way to early to tell. RG3, Cam Newton, and other players that were nonexistent the year before they were drafted werent in talks so who knows who this years sleeper is.

Thanks Max
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
The only position the bills would go for on defense if Byrd is resigned is LB and thats if there is one that is a WOW factor.

Manti Te'o. He plays ILB in the 3-4 now, but was also a very good 4-3 OLB.

cdavis17 wrote:
Either way this is way to early to tell. RG3, Cam Newton, and other players that were nonexistent the year before they were drafted werent in talks so who knows who this years sleeper is.

Logan Thomas - QB - Virginia Tech. He'll shoot up draft boards.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Thomas ... he has the same build as Cam Newton, has a rocket for an arm and is pretty nimble as a bigger QB, much like Big Ben

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
What do you guys think about Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert? In a complete mock NFL season I am working on I have you guys making the playoffs and drafting in the later half of round 1 and grabbing Eifert, who I think will be the consensus top rated tight end. He would give your offense a nice weapon to stretch defenses and work the middle of the field.

I like Eifert a lot. I'd love to grab him, but I just have an issue with drafting TE in the 1st round. I know, I'm probably alone in this, but I just don't see the value for them in the 1st.

That said, Eifert will be the top TE in next year's draft class, and would be a terrific addition to our offense.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
I agree with Thomas ... he has the same build as Cam Newton, has a rocket for an arm and is pretty nimble as a bigger QB, much like Big Ben

Exactly. I've been really high on this kid since I saw him play last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: