Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titwio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Giants: Monday, August 6th Training Camp Practice Report

The Good:
Quote:

During rushing drills, tight end Martellus Bennett came in motion and put a superb block on Jason Pierre-Paul, springing Ahmad Bradshaw for a big gain. It was one of the first times JPP has been successfully neutralized all training camp.

Markus Kuhn did a solid job in rushing drills, breaking away from a few blocks and plugging holes. At one point, he used a swim move to shed a block and followed it up by wrapping rookie RB David Wilson up for little to no gain. He later broke through a double-team to pressure quarterback David Carr.

Jerrel Jernigan brought a punt return to the house this afternoon. No one on any team in the NFL would have been able to put hands on him.

Greg Jones made a nice popping stop of David Wilson in the hole. He’s played relatively well in camp, but has been greatly over-shadowed by other linebackers.

The Bad:

Quote:
Janzen Jackson, who needs to make some noise because of the success of Will Hill thus far, was out-leaped in the end zone by wide receiver David Douglas.

DT Dwayne Hendricks went down with what appeared to be a painful injury. He needed to be helped off the field by the trainers.

David Diehl struggled against Mathias Kiwanuka, who rushed passed him a few different times.

Bruce Johnson dropped an easy interception after a Ramses Barden slip. He was made to do push-ups for his drop.

http://www.giants101.com/2012/08/06/new-york-giants-monday-august-6th-training-camp-practice-report/
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:

David Diehl struggled against Mathias Kiwanuka, who rushed passed him a few different times.

Tough assignment. But it's no secret Diehl is a horrible lineman so I'm not surprised Laughing

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
titwio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
titwio wrote:

Tough assignment. But it's no secret Diehl is a horrible lineman so I'm not surprised Laughing

I laughed when I read that too. Laughing...and then I Crying or Very sad
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
titwio wrote:

I laughed when I read that too. Laughing...and then I Crying or Very sad

Hey he's going against some of the best pass rushers in the game in practice. He'll hold up on the right side
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Diehl's play has regressed over the past few seasons. One of my real questions is whether James Brewer after a year of development is ready to compete for playing time at Right Tackle. That would allow Diehl to move back to Left Guard, which would likely push Boothe to the bench.

The offensive line was a vulnerability last season and we've come to take for granted Eli's health. Jerry Reese didn't deviate from his high upside draft philosophy, which resulted in not addressing the area of weakness up front.
Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off to training camp in a bit. Very Happy

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
David Diehl's play has regressed over the past few seasons. One of my real questions is whether James Brewer after a year of development is ready to compete for playing time at Right Tackle. That would allow Diehl to move back to Left Guard, which would likely push Boothe to the bench.

The offensive line was a vulnerability last season and we've come to take for granted Eli's health. Jerry Reese didn't deviate from his high upside draft philosophy, which resulted in not addressing the area of weakness up front.

No thanks to moving Diehl to LG. He was supposed to improve after returning to his "natural" position last year and he regresses even more.

Boothe was actually pretty good at the interior.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants' Hakeem Nicks to run routes today for first time since breaking his foot

Quote:
The Giants' wide receiver will run routes today on the side of practice, marking the first time he's done so since he broke his foot while planting during a practice in the spring. This comes a day after Nicks ran in circles to see how the outside of his foot would respond.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_hakeem_nicks_to_run_rou.html

Jerry Reese:
Quote:
"I expect Nicks to get some reps in the last two preseason games".

titwio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants101:
Quote:
Hakeem Nicks is on the sidelines running routes and cutting. Looks as good as ever.

Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to camp today. View kind of sucked on the new field and by the time I found a good view, I had missed a good portion of the practice. What I did see :

David Wilson mishandle a kickoff, and then drop a pass (running before he secured the ball).

Rueben Randle did the exact same thing, but on the other side of the field. Not good from the rooks.

DePalma made a nice deep catch. Didn't see much from Douglas.

It was just one play, and I hate to belabor the point, but Michael Coe was draped all over an undersized Jerrel Jernigan on the outside.

I don't know if it was a depth perception thing, but Marvin Austin almost seemed bigger than Linval Joseph.

Physically, Mathias Kiwanuka and Martellus Bennett stood out to me. Both very tall and long athletes.

Camera man had a few close calls on Tynes field goal kicks.

And finally, Eli is dreamy.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
titwio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Thanks for the updates. Surprised you didn't mention Hosley. Heard he had two more interceptions today with one being a pick6.

All the talk I'm hearing about Jayron with the coaches is he's been the most impressive rookie in camp so far. If he keeps it up he'll no doubt be the nickel corner.
bzane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
titwio wrote:

So, I guess no write-in Pro Bowl votes for Diehl, hunh?

Here's something to consider: if Will Beatty's back problems continue, they'll have to move Diehl back to left tackle for, what is it, the sixteenth year in a row?

I suppose you can be a lousy pass blocker and a regressing run blocker at either tackle, really, there's not that much difference.

I know they've got these "developmental" OT's- Brewer, and now Mosley and McCants, but do they need Eli's death certificate to persuade them to spend a high draft pick on a tackle?
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
titwio wrote:

So, I guess no write-in Pro Bowl votes for Diehl, hunh?

Here's something to consider: if Will Beatty's back problems continue, they'll have to move Diehl back to left tackle for, what is it, the sixteenth year in a row?

I suppose you can be a lousy pass blocker and a regressing run blocker at either tackle, really, there's not that much difference.

I know they've got these "developmental" OT's- Brewer, and now Mosley and McCants, but do they need Eli's death certificate to persuade them to spend a high draft pick on a tackle?

Beatty is fine and the Giants O-line was 9th best in preventing QB hits last year. We're fine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

Beatty is fine and the Giants O-line was 9th best in preventing QB hits last year. We're fine.

...until we're not. just sayin. we had a pretty cohesive unit for a while until last year and I think we did a great job/got lucky with the play we got from the o-line given the injuries (Baas, Snee, Beatty).

not knocking anything, and you can call me the pessimist here, i just think its playing with fire is all, and eventually (maybe not today...maybe not tomorrow...) you will get burned.
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont care about this game, or this thread.. all i care about is after tomorrow nite.. PLEASE HAVE LITTLE TO NO INJURIES LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: