Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keenan Lewis Pro Bowl
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SteelBuckeye


Joined: 19 Apr 2011
Posts: 105
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Keenan Lewis Pro Bowl Reply with quote

New article on NFL.com has Lewis saying he will be going to the pro bowl this year. I like that he is confident enough to say this but I hope this doesn't blow up in his face.



http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82956552/article/steelers-keenan-lewis-predicts-pro-bowl-trip-?module=HP11_headline_stack
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24300
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh... I'm good w it. All players should feel that way and be confident enough to voice it.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ward4HOF


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 3726
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He might be the only dude there, though. Razz

I think he has overstated his abilities a tad. For a guy who couldn't win the starting spot ahead of the likes of W. Gay and B. McFadden, he would've had to improve an AWFUL lot, IMO, to think he'll be probowl- worthy.

Love the confidence, I do, and I hope he can back it up with his play in the field, but honestly, that would mean he'd be better than Ike as Ike has yet to go to the PB, right? Anyway, he has all the physical make up and abilities to be great, he just needs to harness them. Have a feeling Lake may be the perfect coach to get the most out of Lewis. We'll see.
_________________


Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 48939
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think there is a better chance of him being off the team next season (2013) than making the pro bowl.

I really think either Allen or Brown will hop over him...maybe both. Lewis IMO is another one of those guys who had promise but never had that ability to put it all together. I also think both Allen and Brown are better suited from a skillset aspect to start. Not saying they will be good, but I think Lewis is best suited for either nickle or even safety in our defense.

In the end though, I dont think he will ever be starter quality...even if he does end up starting this year.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ward4HOF


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 3726
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Personally, I think there is a better chance of him being off the team next season (2013) than making the pro bowl.

I really think either Allen or Brown will hop over him...maybe both. Lewis IMO is another one of those guys who had promise but never had that ability to put it all together. I also think both Allen and Brown are better suited from a skillset aspect to start. Not saying they will be good, but I think Lewis is best suited for either nickle or even safety in our defense.

In the end though, I dont think he will ever be starter quality...even if he does end up starting this year.


I definitely am more in the line of your thinking, 43M. He hasn't proven anything yet and find it hard to believe he's improved drastically in the offseason.
_________________


Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snoopydawg44us


Joined: 10 Feb 2010
Posts: 1102
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand him having confidences, you would want that in any player. Keenan Lewis needs to start first before making predictions like that. To me i'm ole school "actions speaks louder than words"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't have the hands to make the pro bowl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywlker32


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 2614
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he were to have a spectacular year, the public opinion of a player generally lags by a year or two, so he wouldn't get voted in this year even if he deserved it.

In the end though, it's not like he was posting this on twitter or similar places. This was an interview where he was asked how he expected to play. I have no problem with him being confident, but he should at least set his sights to something more meaningful than the pro bowl (All-Pro or team achievement).
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 48939
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywlker32 wrote:
Even if he were to have a spectacular year, the public opinion of a player generally lags by a year or two, so he wouldn't get voted in this year even if he deserved it.

In the end though, it's not like he was posting this on twitter or similar places. This was an interview where he was asked how he expected to play. I have no problem with him being confident, but he should at least set his sights to something more meaningful than the pro bowl (All-Pro or team achievement).


There is absolutely no problem with what he said.

I just dont agree with it.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11847
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers CBs shouldn't be judged on how many starts they have as D. Townsend was arguably the Steelers best CB since R. Woodson. D. Town sat the bench for years before he finally got a chance to play. K. Lewis biggest is/was problem is his inability to play consistent from down to down. From a CBs perspective the last play never existed, but to K. Lewis he'd let the last play follow him around from play to play. I believe K. Lewis is a C. Scott type CB meaning if he's a starter he'll get you at least 4-6 Ints, but we'll get beat for just as many TDs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34762
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
He might be the only dude there, though. Razz


I see what you did there Laughing
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywlker32


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 2614
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
skywlker32 wrote:
Even if he were to have a spectacular year, the public opinion of a player generally lags by a year or two, so he wouldn't get voted in this year even if he deserved it.

In the end though, it's not like he was posting this on twitter or similar places. This was an interview where he was asked how he expected to play. I have no problem with him being confident, but he should at least set his sights to something more meaningful than the pro bowl (All-Pro or team achievement).


There is absolutely no problem with what he said.

I just dont agree with it.


I don't have a problem with what he said if that is what you were trying to say.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 48939
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywlker32 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
skywlker32 wrote:
Even if he were to have a spectacular year, the public opinion of a player generally lags by a year or two, so he wouldn't get voted in this year even if he deserved it.

In the end though, it's not like he was posting this on twitter or similar places. This was an interview where he was asked how he expected to play. I have no problem with him being confident, but he should at least set his sights to something more meaningful than the pro bowl (All-Pro or team achievement).


There is absolutely no problem with what he said.

I just dont agree with it.


I don't have a problem with what he said if that is what you were trying to say.


No...I was agreeing with you and saying I dont agree with Lewis.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ImissEricGreen


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 1030
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
Steelers CBs shouldn't be judged on how many starts they have as D. Townsend was arguably the Steelers best CB since R. Woodson. D. Town sat the bench for years before he finally got a chance to play. K. Lewis biggest is/was problem is his inability to play consistent from down to down. From a CBs perspective the last play never existed, but to K. Lewis he'd let the last play follow him around from play to play. I believe K. Lewis is a C. Scott type CB meaning if he's a starter he'll get you at least 4-6 Ints, but we'll get beat for just as many TDs.
K. Lewis is the best tackling CB on the team, which is why I think he should be moved to SS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34762
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
Steelers CBs shouldn't be judged on how many starts they have as D. Townsend was arguably the Steelers best CB since R. Woodson. D. Town sat the bench for years before he finally got a chance to play. K. Lewis biggest is/was problem is his inability to play consistent from down to down. From a CBs perspective the last play never existed, but to K. Lewis he'd let the last play follow him around from play to play. I believe K. Lewis is a C. Scott type CB meaning if he's a starter he'll get you at least 4-6 Ints, but we'll get beat for just as many TDs.
K. Lewis is the best tackling CB on the team, which is why I think he should be moved to SS.


No he's not. Taylor is a better tackler than Lewis.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group