Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Griffin is Awesome Thread - Offseason 2013 (Pg 5!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:

I can do this all day.

Thank god he left the 59-0 game and the Colts first win game this year

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am crossing my fingers that Griffin returns to his Pro Bow level ASAP, but Im not holding my breath. He might be the worst tackler on the defense, and his pass coverage has been suspect for the past 2 years.

But still...fingers crossed

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
seminoles1

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite play ever that perfectly encompasses my thoughts of Griffin as a player was against the Jaguars a couple years ago. David Garrard kept him from making a play on MJD for 35 yards. David Garrard.

This play:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-jaguars/09000d5d813ddb4e/WK-8-Can-t-Miss-Play-Maurice-goes-for-seconds

That's just plain awful and pathetic.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thank god he left the 59-0 game and the Colts first win game this year

Unfortunately there were so many to choose from that I just posted the first few photos I found.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports)
#Titans S Michael Griffin is hosting a free football camp for kids ages 12-17 at East Literature High School on June 2 from 10 am-2 pm.

Poor kids Laughing

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Titans_31

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports)
#Titans S Michael Griffin is hosting a free football camp for kids ages 12-17 at East Literature High School on June 2 from 10 am-2 pm.

Poor kids Laughing

Finally found somebody he can cover Laughing
Double Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin isn't a COMPLETE joke, but he's certainly nothing to celebrate either. Once upon a time, he was a playmaker, but it seems like our defense isn't allowed to have ANY player who will consistently make the big plays on a year to year basis, lol.

I like him though, I really do. I think his leadership is underrated, but I have to admit, he has had more plays that are just hilariously pathetic than anyone else on our roster (and it's not close). I remember that freaking Garrard play, that was just shameful.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Refreshing to see Reply with quote

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Franchise-Tag-Not-Stopping-Griffin-this-Offseason/e665f00b-09c7-419c-a24b-60a89de8019f

I know we've been ragging on the guy and throwing him under the bus and everything else, but man I love his attitude and approach all-together. I think a lot of these crybabies and prima donas around the league who are still under contract and holding out should take some notes from Griff on how to "really" be a professional. I believe he'll be there for TC as well. I really hope he gets back to his ProBowl form in this new defense.

"My job is to play football," Griffin said. "My agent and the organization whatever they got going on, that's up to them. Right now I know I'll be here for the year playing football. That's all that matters."

Great statement IMO.

EDIT: I killed the other thread and moved it here instead.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Refreshing to see Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Franchise-Tag-Not-Stopping-Griffin-this-Offseason/e665f00b-09c7-419c-a24b-60a89de8019f

I know we've been ragging on the guy and throwing him under the bus and everything else, but man I love his attitude and approach all-together. I think a lot of these crybabies and prima donas around the league who are still under contract and holding out should take some notes from Griff on how to "really" be a professional. I believe he'll be there for TC as well. I really hope he gets back to his ProBowl form in this new defense.

"My job is to play football," Griffin said. "My agent and the organization whatever they got going on, that's up to them. Right now I know I'll be here for the year playing football. That's all that matters."

Great statement IMO.

Yea I do love his attitude off the football field. Surely has leadership there. Just wish he'd be a leader on the field and hit some1. Lay some1 out for a change. Make a play dammit.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Refreshing to see Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Great statement IMO.

Yea I do love his attitude off the football field. Surely has leadership there. Just wish he'd be a leader on the field and hit some1. Lay some1 out for a change. Make a play dammit.

Maybe if he added some muscle mass to his frame, he could get a little more physical. It would be nice to see him lay the wood to somebody from time to time, but he don't even have to do that.

TACKLING
1. Stop getting ran over so damn much. It's just plain embarrassing even for me.

2. For the love of cheese & crackers, stop taking all of those bad angles on the runner and missing everything. Hell at least trip the guy up or something man.

3. Train harder on tackling techniques...actually, several of our players need to do that, and learn how to swarm to the ball.

I say if he starts kicking a$$ during the season like he did in '08, they should hammer out a new deal for him as well before the end of the season.

RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at that. Leadership. Being there with the team and setting the right example. This guy does it all.

Lead the team in interceptions last season, and he'll do it again.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, there's still hope for Griff. Gray obviously must have seen something he liked to recommend and get the tag placed on him. Year 1 in the Gray defense produced better results from Griffin, and it looks like Gray may be transitioning him to more of true CF FS, in the mold of Reed. Reed's never been known as a big tackler, and obviously does his best work deep when the defense in front of him forces teams into bad decisions (notice how his tackling wasn't a public issue until last year, when his pass defense wasn't up to Reed standards). He's made a career out of that... on is considered one of the best safeties of our generation.

Griffin is no Reed... but he's obviously got talent and the skill set is similar. The transition away from the Cecil D (which was a derivative of the Schwartz D) should benefit a player like Griffin more than any other. He should not be relied on to stuff the box or to make the big hit. All he should be focusing on is making sure that ball doesn't get over him. Tackling is part of the game... but for a S like Griffin, it won't and shouldn't be at the forefront of his game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Honestly, there's still hope for Griff. Gray obviously must have seen something he liked to recommend and get the tag placed on him. Year 1 in the Gray defense produced better results from Griffin, and it looks like Gray may be transitioning him to more of true CF FS, in the mold of Reed. Reed's never been known as a big tackler, and obviously does his best work deep when the defense in front of him forces teams into bad decisions (notice how his tackling wasn't a public issue until last year, when his pass defense wasn't up to Reed standards). He's made a career out of that... on is considered one of the best safeties of our generation.

Griffin is no Reed... but he's obviously got talent and the skill set is similar. The transition away from the Cecil D (which was a derivative of the Schwartz D) should benefit a player like Griffin more than any other. He should not be relied on to stuff the box or to make the big hit. All he should be focusing on is making sure that ball doesn't get over him. Tackling is part of the game... but for a S like Griffin, it won't and shouldn't be at the forefront of his game.

That is flat out false. Michael Griffin has been getting truck and trailored with increasing frequency for the past 3 seasons. It's been public knowledge for awhile. Last years Arain Foster, MJD, and Michael Turner gaffes were the most egregious offenses, but it was FAR form the first. There's a reason I began calling him Lamont Thompson about 3 seasons ago. The guy looks like he's been scared to hit ever since he blew up Reggie Wayne several seasons ago (the only point in his career that he was playing anywhere near Reed standards) and dislocated his shoulder. Since that injury I've felt he's wary of lower his shoulder into any ballcarrier bigger than him. He either bites ankles or arm tackles high, and usually falls off.

I think its in his head. Coming out of Texas he was renown as a hard hitting, slightly undisaplined, but solid tackler. Tackling and aggressiveness were two primary reasons why they drafted him in 2007. The past 3 seasons, imo since the shoulder injury, he's anything but. indecisive, inconsistent, and weak at the point of attack. Yes he could return to form, I hope he does. But really, how long are we gonna ride on the memory of 2008? We're going on 4years now. No amount of athleticism can make up for a lack of instincts and/or preparation.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

That is flat out false. Michael Griffin has been getting truck and trailored with increasing frequency for the past 3 seasons. It's been public knowledge for awhile. Last years Arain Foster, MJD, and Michael Turner gaffes were the most egregious offenses, but it was FAR form the first. There's a reason I began calling him Lamont Thompson about 3 seasons ago. The guy looks like he's been scared to hit ever since he blew up Reggie Wayne several seasons ago (the only point in his career that he was playing anywhere near Reed standards) and dislocated his shoulder. Since that injury I've felt he's wary of lower his shoulder into any ballcarrier bigger than him. He either bites ankles or arm tackles high, and usually falls off.

I think its in his head. Coming out of Texas he was renown as a hard hitting, slightly undisaplined, but solid tackler. Tackling and aggressiveness were two primary reasons why they drafted him in 2007. The past 3 seasons, imo since the shoulder injury, he's anything but. indecisive, inconsistent, and weak at the point of attack. Yes he could return to form, I hope he does. But really, how long are we gonna ride on the memory of 2008? We're going on 4years now. No amount of athleticism can make up for a lack of instincts and/or preparation.

Chocolateman - Rage was referring to Ed Reed's tackling in that piece, not Griffin's.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Refreshing to see Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

Great statement IMO.

I'd be happy to be getting insanely overpaid too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: