Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Griffin is Awesome Thread - Offseason 2013 (Pg 5!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Michael Griffin is Awesome Thread - Offseason 2013 (Pg 5!) Reply with quote

I feel that Michael Griffin is HIGHLY unappreciated in these parts, so I made a thread dedicated to him.

Look at him. He's a Pro Bowl caliber safety, has amazing dreads, and will tear up the league this season.

Sit back, and enjoy the show.

UPDATE

I'll go ahead and track Pro-Bowl Safety Michael Griffin's stats in this thread, since it has already existed.

2012 NFL Season

Tackles: 79
Forced Fumbles: 2
Interceptions: 4
Style: 10/10

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Last edited by RuskieTitan on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 6 times in total
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Michael Griffin is Awesome Thread Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

I've seen this show. It usually involves alot of this

**RIP Steve McNair**
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Michael Griffin is Awesome Thread Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

I've seen this show. It usually involves alot of this

GTFO.

Would a Pro Bowl safety have that happen to him? NOPE.

Get that weak photoshop stuff outta here.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll notice a distinct lack of photos of him tackling or making a play on the ball. The time of this post is 1:28. I'll be watching for any edits of the OP to add in photoshopped jpg's.
Titans_31

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He misses in the open field to much and gets ran over even more. His tackling form is pretty awful and blows alot of assignments in coverage im not a fan. Griffin has really fallen off since 2008 when he was at the peak of his career. You don't see any more of those big hits or big plays that he used to make every week.
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do this all day.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the third pick you have the garbage men. Ruud and Griffin.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
VYoung10

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G.O.A.T

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
You'll notice a distinct lack of photos of him tackling or making a play on the ball. The time of this post is 1:28. I'll be watching for any edits of the OP to add in photoshopped jpg's.

I was attempting to highlight how awesome he looks.

If you would like, I can add a "playmaking post" of pictures where he makes plays.

Did have one up there, though.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
He misses in the open field to much and gets ran over even more. His tackling form is pretty awful and blows alot of assignments in coverage im not a fan. Griffin has really fallen off since 2008 when he was at the peak of his career. You don't see any more of those big hits or big plays that he used to make every week.

Stay tuned to 2013.

He, along with his dreads, will be making plays on the field Cool

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:

As you can see, Griffin was in position to make a tackle, but a fellow Titan player actually knocked him over, causing him to lose his balance, and fall.

TT4Life7 wrote:

Unconfirmed that this is Griffin. All we see is a 3 on the jersey. Also no sight of his amazing dreads.

TT4Life7 wrote:

Clearly this is another prime example of Barrett Ruud sucking in coverage. Griffin came all the way over to try and help out, but Ruud's suck was too much, and a completion was made. With a solid McCarthy in the middle, this would result in the quarterback throwing further, and Griffin laying out the receiver with a bone jarring hit. Or a pick six.

TT4Life7 wrote:

It appears to me that Griffin saw who the ball was going to, and attempted to make a play, but Tulloch, apparently paid off by the Colts, is holding him back. Glad we got rid of that traitor.

TT4Life7 wrote:

Griffin demonstrating the highly effective way of bringing down the ball carrier - a swift punch to the nads. If Turner didn't go down, then clearly he is not a man.

TT4Life7 wrote:

Poor quality, can't really make out what is going on in the picture, all I can tell is that it is animated.

TT4Life7 wrote:
I can do this all day.

Please, do so. I'm highly interested in seeing ONE picture of him looking bad.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year Griffin was solid in coverage(not horrible but not great) but he was terrible at tackling. I don't care who you are, an NFL safety should at least slow a RB down for the rest of the defense to help make the tackle but he couldn't do it. I am holding out hope for him this season though. Gray has been speaking highly of him saying he's becoming a leader. If he can get back to his 07-08 level, this D can be scary. He needed to quit worrying about his shoulder. It seems ever since that injury, he's went downhill. Get better in coverage and learn to tackle and make plays, he can be an elite safety again Pray
We So Excited

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think Griff will step up this year and play at a probowl level. 6 picks.

Lookin foward to the weekend.

Magic
Titans
49ers
Giants
Sharks
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:

As you can see, Griffin was in position to make a tackle, but a fellow Titan player actually knocked him over, causing him to lose his balance, and fall.

TT4Life7 wrote:

Unconfirmed that this is Griffin. All we see is a 3 on the jersey. Also no sight of his amazing dreads.

TT4Life7 wrote:

Clearly this is another prime example of Barrett Ruud sucking in coverage. Griffin came all the way over to try and help out, but Ruud's suck was too much, and a completion was made. With a solid McCarthy in the middle, this would result in the quarterback throwing further, and Griffin laying out the receiver with a bone jarring hit. Or a pick six.

TT4Life7 wrote:

It appears to me that Griffin saw who the ball was going to, and attempted to make a play, but Tulloch, apparently paid off by the Colts, is holding him back. Glad we got rid of that traitor.

TT4Life7 wrote:

Griffin demonstrating the highly effective way of bringing down the ball carrier - a swift punch to the nads. If Turner didn't go down, then clearly he is not a man.

TT4Life7 wrote:

Poor quality, can't really make out what is going on in the picture, all I can tell is that it is animated.

TT4Life7 wrote:
I can do this all day.

Please, do so. I'm highly interested in seeing ONE picture of him looking bad.

Lmao. I enjoyed your analysis of the pics. Thanks for the laugh Laughing

I do agree that his dreads are indeed awesome, but there is no denying that his play has significantly dropped off since 2008. His coverage may have improved a bit last year, but his tackling is absolutely dreadful.

Im hoping he pulls it together because we've all seen that he can be a probowl caliber safety, but if he continues to tackle the way he does I would have no problem letting him walk after this season.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praising Griffin for coverage would be like praising Amano for pass protection. Yea they're both competent at times, but it doesn't cover up several other glaring deficiencies in their overall game. Both players should have been vanquished this off-season. Both players are mashed potato soft. But both players are being given redemption seasons... for whatever reason.

We'll see... maybe mandatory thigh, hip and knee pads will turn Griff back into the physical. hard hitting, ball hawk he was his 1st 2 years... but probably not.

**RIP Steve McNair**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: