Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Camp News and Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
I'll be curious to see how the Mouton situation plays out. Butler became a starter last year mostly out of necessity and was one of the breakout players of our defense. I'm not too familiar with Demorrio Williams (ex-Chief, correct?) but it is a relief that Mouton will have someone to compete against to get some playing time.

I don't think Butler starting was out of necessity. I think it was planned the whole time. They drafted him to play, and he probably would have started had he not got hurt.

Demorrio Williams has always been sold, and has had a couple of good years. Good dept, but I really want to see Mouton step up.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Duffman57

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
charger-man wrote:
I'll be curious to see how the Mouton situation plays out. Butler became a starter last year mostly out of necessity and was one of the breakout players of our defense. I'm not too familiar with Demorrio Williams (ex-Chief, correct?) but it is a relief that Mouton will have someone to compete against to get some playing time.

I don't think Butler starting was out of necessity. I think it was planned the whole time. They drafted him to play, and he probably would have started had he not got hurt.

Demorrio Williams has always been sold, and has had a couple of good years. Good dept, but I really want to see Mouton step up.

Yeah, Demmario Williams has been really strange. Year to year, he's been one of the most inconsistent players i've ever seen. The first year in the 3-4, he had 132 tackles and replaced Derrick Johnson in the starting lineup, just an insanely good year, and then the next year he didn't start as DJ improved and this year, he played only 69 total snaps...He's had 2 amazing years, but he's always been awful for a couple years in between those good ones. So i just dont know what to think of him, but he's sure as hell a good backup to have.

I agree that Butler was planned as well. There's a reason that there was a very low value that we were willing to play Burnett before he headed off to the Phins this past year (and really didn't play that well at all). I really liked butler from the start, great leader and great player.

Right now Mouton is in a good position where he doesn't need to be rushed into the starting lineup if he needs time, but i feel as if he can play right away. He's more of a thumper but had great hips to play with TE's in zone (doen't have the speed to match up with TE's in man). But with Spikes still starting here, as a guy to learn from and ease the transition and a good insurance policy in Williams i think we're in a VERY good situation at ILB.

It always amuses me when people have ILB as our #1 need going into next year.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers coach Norv Turner compared Eddie Royal to Charlie Joiner and Henry Ellard for his smoothness and speed as a receiver.
Joiner (5'11/188) was inducted into the Hall of Fame. Ellard (5'11/180) was a three-time Pro Bowler with seven 1,000-yard seasons. "He's a real smooth receiver," Turner said of Royal. "He reminds me of Charlie Joiner, and reminds me of Henry Ellard, guys that I've been around. He's very deceptive. And sometimes he doesn't look like he's going that fast, and he's hauling."

There are way too many good things being said about Royal right now. There are only two possible outcomes for this

1. He's going to be as big of a stud as they're saying, and make a lot of huge plays.

2. They're hiding something, and he's actually playing terrible. The reports are so that nobody crashes AJ's office for spending money on a broken product.

I seriously hope it's #1.

MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers FB Jacob Hester was spotted with his arm in a sling after suffering a shoulder injury in Thursday's minicamp session.
Coach Norv Turner said Hester will be "evaluated," but it's possible his status won't be updated before camp. The addition of Le'Ron McClain should limit Hester to special teams this season.

I know everybody's writing him off since McClain was signed, but I still see him as the 3rd down back when the season rolls around. Shoulder injuries are bad for the best pass blocking back you have.

Stone85

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie Brown is most likely our 3rd down blocker though, depending on Hester's return.

I'm curious how our secondary is going to work out this year. FS is solid but CB is questionable. I love Gilchrist though, I hope he steps up this year. And SS... same as always

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
lakeroy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:
Ronnie Brown is most likely our 3rd down blocker though, depending on Hester's return.

I'm curious how our secondary is going to work out this year. FS is solid but CB is questionable. I love Gilchrist though, I hope he steps up this year. And SS... same as always
I don't think SS is going to be as bad as recent years. Bigby is good when healthy and I really like Taylor. I think they are a huge upgrade over the likes of Gregory, Paul Oliver, Clinton Hart, etc.
Stone85

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Taylor too, but I'm more worried about CB than SS

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers OT Mario Henderson has gotten his weight down to 333 after reporting to the team in April weighing 390.
Henderson admits he weighed 383 when he was released by the Raiders following last year's lockout. He spent the season out of football and didn't begin shaping up until the 2012 offseason conditioning program. With 28 career starts at age 27, Henderson will compete for San Diego's swing tackle job in camp.

Dropping almost 60lbs in 3 monts is pretty impressive. Can't do that without working hard.

broncospride95

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that Gaither was injured in his first day of camp. Hopefully it's not too serious.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/46052/evening-afc-west-notes-120

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Duffman57

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
I saw that Gaither was injured in his first day of camp. Hopefully it's not too serious.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/46052/evening-afc-west-notes-120

He just had cramps. He was back at practice today even though it was just a walkthrough. It wasnt anything serious.

We just signed Boller as a camp arm to throw to receivers while Clipboard Jesus is out for 2 to 3 weeks.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Stone85

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was ready to cry when I saw Gaither was carted off. SO glad he's ok. He's like the 4th best player on our whole offense

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers 2009 first-round pick Larry English is in danger of losing his roster spot this training camp.
English has already missed practice time and the Chargers are losing patience, particularly after using a first-round pick on Melvin Ingram. English, 26, is no longer on scholarship. He's missed 19 games through his first three NFL seasons, and tied a career low with two sacks in five 2011 appearances.

He might be gone in the first round of cuts if he's already missing time.

Rotoworld wrote:
Free agent QB Billy Volek was reportedly "insulted" when the Chargers offered him one year at the veteran minimum to return to San Diego.
For a guy who has turned down starting opportunities in the past to settle on backup deals, Volek has a high opinion of himself. The 36-year-old turned down San Diego's offer, and the club opted for Kyle Boller. "We did offer Billy," Chargers GM A.J. Smith confirmed. "Billy was No. 1 on our ready list. ... It didnít work out. You will have to ask Billy and his agent why."

AntonioGates

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are reffering to the OTAs for English missing time.

And considering the QB brought in likely won't be on the final roster, I'm fine with it being Boller over Volek. If Whitehurt sustained a serious injury I would expect Volek to be brought in.
kramxel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Boller retires 1 day after signing?

LMAO

Is this for real?
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that is pretty funny and odd.

Wonder how much of a signing bonus he got?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: