Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official OTAs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRCLanceLong wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
From Darren Urban's twitter page:

"I don't believe in reading too much into OTAs, but it's been hard not to notice Darnell Dockett as disrupting menace during 11-on-11 work."

https://twitter.com/#!/Cardschatter

That's good to hear. He was pretty average last year.

To be fair he saw a lot of double teams and chip blocks. Teams still feared him a lot more than Campbell for pretty much all of last season, it meant that Darnell was not as flashy as previous seasons, but it also allowed other players to play well.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of playing good, assignment football, I think Darnell had the best year of his entire career last year. That type of football in our system just won't get you a ton of sacks/stat sheet fillers. Even Calais, for as amazing as he was last year, only had 8 sacks.
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave pasch said fleming looks legit and whiz really likes him.

matthouston91 made it!
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A report from OTA on 4th round pick Bobby Massie:

Rookie right tackle Bobby Massie, the teams fourth-round pick, worked Thursday with the second team.

I practiced well, one missed assignment, but it was good, Massie said. Guys are still a little faster than what Im used to. But its just OTAs at this point. I got a long ways to go.

Ken Whisenhunt added this on Massie:

from what I have seen, he looks very athletic and his pass sets have been very good, Whisenhunt said. The key for him is being able to pick up the defenses, when right before the snap, that defensive end shifts down and the linebacker gets up on the ball, hes got to know, does he follow the end? Does he stay with the linebacker? And with all that happening, he has to keep using (proper) technique.

Ill tell you what, he looks the part. Big guy, good movement. I am looking forward to seeing him compete for that spot.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Stephen-Williams-Seeks-A-Spot/0de03760-5526-4c1b-927a-e8b68989e012

Here's to hoping he picks it all up.
shawn

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDOCKETT90 wrote:

our staff must have fell in love with the guy at some point in the offseason, they passed on perhaps our biggest draft day need to ensure they brought this guy in. I think that alone speaks volumes.

I am very confident that this pick will work out for us barring injury, very confident.

sig made by mike23md
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos-photos/videos/Acho-Schofield-Taste-OTAs/955498ee-007e-4abb-a7c4-f676e7fed806

Tell me that I am not the only one absolutely amped for what these two guys are going to do for us on defense this season. I have so much faith in both of these guys. I think both are going to have really big years for us as teams focus more on stopping our defensive line.

A couple of key points;

1st day of OTA's installed the entire defense that was given to them day 1 of training camp last season. Well ahead of the curve there.

Acho said nobody really knew their assignments all that well until about the midpoint of the season last year (It showed big time on the film and in the results) He said all are at that same point already thus far.

More plays being added. Schofield seems like he is there to work. Acho focused on avoiding a sophomore slump.

I am huge on both of these guys. I am expecting 20+ combined sacks and consistent pressure from these guys in 2012. And that is huge from a 2nd and 3rd year pass rushing duo.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDOCKETT90 wrote:

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos-photos/videos/Acho-Schofield-Taste-OTAs/955498ee-007e-4abb-a7c4-f676e7fed806#?id=bba7be92-4b47-4f4c-9610-c5a496ca2453

Some interesting stuff on Fleming from a while back.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, REALLY wish I had that same type of optimism for our OLB's but I don't.

The fact that Acho had sacks against purely weak offensive tackles is a serious concern for me.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I really, REALLY wish I had that same type of optimism for our OLB's but I don't.

The fact that Acho had sacks against purely weak offensive tackles is a serious concern for me.

I think with the familiarity with the D now will help. If Big Dan is in shape and Campbell and Dockett are still hungry that should require attention from the opposing Oline, which should let Acho and Oscho eat.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
shawn

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also worry about our pash rushers, I like both of them, and I do think they deserve a chance to start for us and showcase their talents. But I find it unlikely that both players are going to live up to expectations.

But either way, even if neither of them develop into elite starters, they are both good guys to have on the roster. especially Acho, who really seems like a bright, level headed guy.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Acho's going to be a PHENOMENAL long term starter for us, especially under Ray Horton, I'm just not sure he's ever going to be that double digit sack a year monster.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers

John Skelton ran the starting unit today. He and Kolb are trading off in OTAs

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers

Coaches impressed with play of CB Greg Toler in OTAs. Still limiting his reps, but rehab from ACL on schedule.

No surprise with the QB.

Got some high hopes for Toler this year. Thought he was looking good before he tore his ACL.

Kolb isnt worried about concussions

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2012/05/29/kolb-isnt-worried-about-concussions/

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, no surprise with the quarterbacks. I'm taking Whiz at his word that this is a serious quarterback competition, so it's no surprise seeing the two guys trade off.

I don't know on Toler. I heard he wasn't doing very much live. If that's the case this is probably just coach speak. Then again, Whiz has been right on these things before. Not injury comments but OTA comments. Back in 08, he went on and on about how great Steve Breaston was looking in OTAs. In 07, he caught 8 passes for 92 yards. In 08, he caught 77 passes for 1,006 yards. If I'd take anyone's word on good OTA performances it would be Whiz.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Floyd didn't practice today, he was held out to a quad strain. It's nothing serious, he wanted to pratice even but Whiz has him playing it safe. Smart move.

Somers tweeted that Andre Roberts looks really good today.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Michael Floyd didn't practice today, he was held out to a quad strain. It's nothing serious, he wanted to pratice even but Whiz has him playing it safe. Smart move.

Somers tweeted that Andre Roberts looks really good today.

Sit out time now. But when he is not on the field hopefully they had an offensive quality control coach in the film room with him going over plays that we will run, the calls, what roles he will play, what routes he will run most often.

Take any and every chance to learn and soak it all up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: