Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KELLEN WINSLOW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great move guys! Wish nothing but luck to K2...We are stupid for letting him go to y'all for a 7th

The guy doesnt practice, but he's a gamer...Only complaints about him is his lack to get separation and he pushes off WAY too much, then whines about not getting a flag...

Makes some very nice catches though...I'll miss him

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its only 7th this is a huge steal IMO

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
It's a good move but I would not call it a great move. The guy has some very bad knee's and gives away a lot of pass interfernce penaltys because he strugles to get open.

But still a solid move.

This is coming from someone who loves Winslow and wishes he was still a Brown.

Sounds more like a bitter Browns fan. When was the last time he was hurt?

Oh thats right, when he was still a Brown. Since then hes had 3 FULL seasons injury free. And has never had less than 700yds in a season where he wasnt hurt.

I'm not bitter about anything. You do know that he will miss some practice every week because of his knee's. At least he was last year with the Buc's. He has surgery on his knee's pretty much every year. It's something like 9 opp's now. It's not like i even hated on the move. It's a good move as i said.....

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
If its only 7th this is a huge steal IMO

Very much so. Strange move buy the Buc's.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
sirensong wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
It's a good move but I would not call it a great move. The guy has some very bad knee's and gives away a lot of pass interfernce penaltys because he strugles to get open.

But still a solid move.

Oh thats right, when he was still a Brown. Since then hes had 3 FULL seasons injury free. And has never had less than 700yds in a season where he wasnt hurt.

I'm not bitter about anything. You do know that he will miss some practice every week because of his knee's. At least he was last year with the Buc's. He has surgery on his knee's pretty much every year. It's something like 9 opp's now. It's not like i even hated on the move. It's a good move as i said.....

He really hasn't missed many games due to his knee injury's.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
sirensong wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

But still a solid move.

Exactly - who cares if he misses practice? He still led his team in receptions for the last three years. Plus I expect him to see his career extended by playing fewer snaps behind Miller. Certainly an upgrade over Carlson. It'll be interesting to see how they plan to keep everybody happy on Offense.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
imani

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
sirensong wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

But still a solid move.

Exactly - who cares if he misses practice? He still led his team in receptions for the last three years. Plus I expect him to see his career extended by playing fewer snaps behind Miller. Certainly an upgrade over Carlson. It'll be interesting to see how they plan to keep everybody happy on Offense.

I wouldn't go that far, but i do agree he is better. Carlson would have made a world of difference to this offense last year

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deal sounds even better the way Sando layed it out if he doesn't make the roster then we give up nothing.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great move for you guys, obviously, you've added another short yardage target for your new QB's which is important. Winslow has a terrible knee, but the guy is a gamer and he torched us last season when we played the Buccaneers. He gets open in the short, has a big catch radius. You got him for nothing for a reason, he doesn't have a good reputation around the league, but you got him for nothing so there's nothing to complain about. I am a little worried that his good luck in regards to his knee is running out, sure he's 28 but he has more miles on those tires than a 20-year old Chevrolet pick-up.

All things considered, you guys have really rounded out your roster over the last 3-4 years, you have a respectable team again going position by position. I think you guys lack 'A' type talent pop across the board but you have a lot of 'B' talent everywhere which a lot of teams lack. You guys just need that offensive line to stay healthy for once.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome move!!!

When i saw Tampa was prolly gunna move him i was hoping we would go after him and we did. Only gave up a 7th maybe a 6 depending on how he plays.

Damn this offense is gunna be fun to watch

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
imani

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Awesome move!!!

When i saw Tampa was prolly gunna move him i was hoping we would go after him and we did. Only gave up a 7th maybe a 6 depending on how he plays.

Damn this offense is gunna be fun to watch

yea, the oline is the only possible excuse for flynn not to succeed....just too many weapons

We need the special teams to bring it back this year tho

wwhickok wrote:

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
sirensong wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

But still a solid move.

I wouldn't go that far, but i do agree he is better. Carlson would have made a world of difference to this offense last year
Much better receiver than Carlson. Distinctly better hands. Really not much of a blocker, which means if we need a TE to pass block in 2 TE sets, it's going to be Miller.

I like the move a lot though. He gives us a lot of versatility. He could probably played BMW's position about as well as him.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
imani

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
]Much better receiver than Carlson. .

ohh...kay? Doesn't mean he's certainly an upgrade....as you kind of eluded to later on in the post

wwhickok wrote:

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

ohh...kay? Doesn't mean he's certainly an upgrade....as you kind of eluded to later on in the post
Well that's a bunch of crap Laughing

He's a different player entirely than Carlson, but we didn't have either last year. So adding Winslow is an upgrade over our TE's last year via Carlson's injury. A significant one.

But I'd say Winslow is an upgrade over Carlson based off what each give us. Carlson and Miller were clones. Carlson was just the weaker of the two clones. Winslow allows us to always have a great receiver in the game if we're running a two TE set. It's a lot of money to still be paying Miller to stay in and block a decent amount, but as far as an on the field upgrade, depending on what you want, Carlson gives us less variety than Winslow and therefore I'd rather have Winslow.

If I had to rate them on a scale of 1-10 as TE's, I'd give Carlson a 7 and Winslow a 7.5.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Well that's a bunch of crap Laughing

He's a different player entirely than Carlson, but we didn't have either last year. So adding Winslow is an upgrade over our TE's last year via Carlson's injury. A significant one.

But I'd say Winslow is an upgrade over Carlson based off what each give us. Carlson and Miller were clones. Carlson was just the weaker of the two clones. Winslow allows us to always have a great receiver in the game if we're running a two TE set. It's a lot of money to still be paying Miller to stay in and block a decent amount, but as far as an on the field upgrade, depending on what you want, Carlson gives us less variety than Winslow and therefore I'd rather have Winslow.

If I had to rate them on a scale of 1-10 as TE's, I'd give Carlson a 7 and Winslow a 7.5.

Sure, but if I had to rate Winslow and Carlson based on pass catching alone I'd give WInslow an 8.5 and Carlson a 6.5. Winslow will mainly be that H back or releasing TE so it's a pretty incredible asset for us. Ironically it will actually open Miller up more too.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: