Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Deon Grant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Deon Grant Reply with quote

Hey guys, Chiefs fan here.
I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about Deon Grant from his time with the Giants. We have shown interest in Yeremiah Bell, O.J. Atogwe and personally I would like to see the Chiefs talk to Grant. We have our two primary safety positions set with Eric Berry and Kendrick Lewis, but I believe the Chiefs are looking for what we call a "jack" safety (Jon McGraw played the position for us last year), where we have essentially a third safety that plays closer to the line of scrimmage.

What do you think about Grant? How was his veteran leadership? Does he still have something in the tank to play a role like the one I mentioned above? Any insight would be appreciated.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ That's the role Deon played for us in our "Buffalo" package (3 safety big nickel defense)

I think Deon could still be decent in that role because he's a heady vet, but he's not really the guy he used to be. I love Deon though he is a high class leader on and off the field
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really glad he got a ring with us after a nice long NFL career. But he looked like he was on his last legs last season, and was even a liability at times. But having a savvy veteran around to help out the young guys and take a few snaps here and there wouldn't hurt.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
BassistofDoom

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grant is definitely a good presence in the locker room and although his best days are behind him, his specialty is jack safety and he could be good to come in and play some snaps while teaching a young guy how to play the position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: