Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

12 pivotal players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark sanchez

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: 12 pivotal players Reply with quote

Who are the 12 most pivotal players who have to step up for Indy?
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, I started making a list but don't want to post until I have it completed. Probably be ready later tonight.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here is my list:

1- Luck= After last year good QB play is a must.

2- Wayne= It is going to be very important for Wayne to have a good season to help with Lucks growth and give him some confidence

3-Mathis/Freeney= I have these two together because their adjustment to playing OLB go hand and hand and will be critical to any success our defense has

4- O-Line= Again I lumped them together because I don't see one player more important than the next but together they are going to be the engine that drives our offense

5- Powers= He needs to step up and be that number 1 corner that we desperately need

6- Chapman= The 1 rookie (other than Luck) that must step in and play at a high level. His play will determine how much we use the 3-4

7-Collie= He has to prove he is more than a slot receiver and that he can be productive without Peyton throwing the ball

8-Brown= He has to continue where he left off last year in regards to improving and move the chains

9-Zibby= He has to become the leader of the secondary and help teach Coach P's defense

10-Angerer= He has to prove that he can handle himself in coverage and still be a tackling machine that he was last year

11-Fleener= He has to continue to being Lucks safety net

12- Grigson= He has to stick to the plan but not be afraid to pull the trigger if a good opportunity presents itself

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 pretty much stole my list, almost,

1. Andrew Luck - I don't have high expectations for him (THIS YEAR) and was trying to find every reason not to put him no. 1 but in the end when you're #1/#1 you are the new face of the franchise and thus the most pivotal.
2. Dwight Freeney - entering the last year of his contract, Dwight needs to show he can maintain his level of dominance rushing the passer to continue to play for the franchise like he publicly says he does.
3. Robert Mathis - Like Freeney. Mathis needs to show that he can perform in this new defense but unlike Freeney Mathis signed a contract that will keep him in town for a few more years and might have to learn more moves (coverage)
4. Reggie Wayne - Reggie is my new man crush, he can almost do no wrong in my eyes from here on out. That might change though if he doesn't give us at least 2 very good to great seasons.
5. Antoine Bethea - There were times when I thought Bethea looked like he gave up last year but I think he was just too exhausted from playing 3 positions at once. With Zbikowski on hand to improve the line of defense it will give Bethea a better opportunity to help in coverage.
6. Anthony Castonzo - I am including him on this list aside from the rest of the OL because as of right now he is the most important in terms of players on the roster who will be here 4 years down the road. Ijalana's health withstanding.
7. McKinney/Johnson/Chapman (NT) - I only include Johnson because the early OTAs had him working with the first team. I don't see that lasting long with the addition of Chapman.
8. Donald Brown - This will be the last offensive player to make this list. I don't have much if any expectations for the offense this year until we can see what we have but the 4 guys I listed (Luck, Wayne, Castonzo and Brown) are very intrical in getting the rhythm needed to create an identity for this team
9. Jerraud Powers - His performance and health are 2 fold. Can he get back to his play from 2 years ago without the injury issues that ruined last year. I really wish that either Kevin Thomas, Chris Rucker and/or Terrance Johnson would step up and help out this year but my expectations are low.
10. Pat Angerer/Kavell Connor - I put these two together because I have said on a couple of occasions that I think they play the same position on this defense. I have also heard rumblings that AJ Edds might actually jump Connor and be the starting TED LB. Either way, Angerer and Connor need to be on the top of their game for this new transition.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: