Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers to trade or release TE Kellen Winslow
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Buccaneers to trade or release TE Kellen Winslow Reply with quote

Quote:
BREAKING: #Bucs TE Kellen Winslow on @SiriusXMNFL right now. He was told this morning he's not wanted in TB, team will help him find a trade

http://twitter.com/AndrewBogusch/statuses/204570403790790658

Quote:
Winslow says problems arose b/c he wasn't training this offseason w/ team in Tampa

http://twitter.com/AndrewBogusch/statuses/204570696511270912

In 2009 the Buccaneers traded a 2nd and 5th round pick to the Browns in order to acquire Winslow. He then received the biggest contract for a TE in NFL history with a 6-year $36 million deal.

After suffering a number of knee injuries, Winslow is no longer the same player he once was but he is still effective, he recorded 75 catches for 763 and 2 TDs last season.

Tom Brady Tribute
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really suprised with the new coaching staff. Considering the offense wants to be a power running team, Winslow is not a very strong in-line blocking TE.

I hope he is able to continue his career, but his knee problems aren't getting better.
youngbuc20

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO this is a bad move.

I think Winslow was set to have a big year this season with the new addition of Jackson and the new coaching staff. We don't really have anyone that will put up his type of numbers at the TE position.

I would have rather waited till next year. Tyler Eiffert and Jake Stoneburner are two prospects I hope we give a long look next year.

Also it has been reported we have some intrest in Dallas Clark.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a reason that Dallas Clark is STILL a FA. He's half of what he used to be and his health concerns are worse than K2's. I understand the move. The new coaching staff owes nobody on this team anything and they want their guys. High character and discipline are big deals now, which I love. Hopefully we can get a third or something for him. I'm curious to see who they plan on starting at TE and I wonder if the TE position will be utilized in the passing game. Did Schiano use the TE much at Rutgers?
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schiano is putting his stamp on this football team. Get in line or get out.

K2 is still a weapon, but I think that we all saw this coming. Whether it was due to his health or his attitude, he was not going to be here much longer. We don't have much behind him, and that's a concern, but if we can sign Dallas Clark he should be a serviceable stop-gap.

This would open up a huge opportunity for Luke Stocker. Hopefully he shows us something.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Schiano is putting his stamp on this football team. Get in line or get out.

K2 is still a weapon, but I think that we all saw this coming. Whether it was due to his health or his attitude, he was not going to be here much longer. We don't have much behind him, and that's a concern, but if we can sign Dallas Clark he should be a serviceable stop-gap.

This would open up a huge opportunity for Luke Stocker. Hopefully he shows us something.

Agreed, and if Sullivan favors the Giants offense, the TE position is more of a blocker who mainly works underneath, and sometimes down the middle. Also, the TE is mainly positioned next to the tackle as opposed to being out wide as a receiving threat.

Besides, what DRD mentioned, I look at Winslow as trying to fit a square peg in a round hole in this new offensive scheme.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who replaces him............

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sick of this guy I'm glad we did this. He never trains in the offseason, gives half [inappropriate/removed] in practice, all because of his "knee" problems. And he was getting a big attitude in the games last year. Only thing I like about him was his passion to play the game, but it was only on gameday. And he's not even that good anymore.

And like someone said here is you either train with the team and give it 100% or you're out

Last edited by Caaddy24 on Tue May 22, 2012 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
who replaces him............

The NW rook or Coffman? Vishante Shianco is the best out their as of today
indifference

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to see Winslow go because I'm not sure what we have behind him. I know he is overpaid, on the decline, and one dimensional but he was our best TE by far. Stocker played like crap last year, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. His blocking was dreadful and I'll never forget his drop against the Lions last year that would've went for 6.

Dunsmore is an interesting guy to watch now. He isn't much of a blocker and never has been. At least Stocker was known as a good blocker in college but in the NFL he was useless in the run game. We need him to develop and step up as our #1 TE. I'm under the impression that the new offense wasn't designed for Winslow. The Giants hardly value pass catching tight ends, therefore, Winslow's numbers was going to decline by default. It makes sense, trade away a player who is on the decline and overpaid and definitely won't be utilized in the offense. I think we'll be fine without him but I do think he would help if we were to keep him. He could potentially cause problems though if he doesn't get enough looks or opportunities. So I understand this move completely.
BBando

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw somewhere that Dallas Clark was in Tampa. I'm glad we are getting rid of him. Never really liked him.

garbage
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense to me, hate to see him go but makes sense. Schiano not only wants everyone to buy into his system, he needs them to. He knows that Winslow goes to the U for most offseason training. However he needs these veteran guys to step up and be leaders instead. And to me that's what Dallas Clark would bring. A great leader that can help contribute, not to the level K2 would've of but like it's been mentioned we don't place value play making TE's as much as we did. In all honesty we just need our TE's to block and be a release valve or Freeman. For some reason I have a good feeling about Dunsmore, have no idea why but just do.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasn't even that good anymore. He's still a pretty good threat as a receiver, but would never block and seemed to have more than a few disagreements with Freeman. I would like Shiancoe, all around decent player and better than Stocker that's for sure.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a shock at all.

I personally don't want anything to do with Dallas Clark though. He's had very few visits this offseason and to my knowing hasn't received an offer yet. He doesn't block, isn't fast, doesn't have great hands. I would rather go Schianco or let Stocker have a crack at starting.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1509/dallas-clark

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bucs recently worked out free agent TE Dallas Clark, and are "expected to try to make a move on him this week."
The news comes on the same day Kellen Winslow says he's been informed he's out in Tampa. Clark would be a much better culture fit than Winslow under new coach Greg Schiano, but appeared to have much less left in the tank last season. Nevertheless, he should be penciled in as the starter if signed. Clark has also visited the Patriots and Chiefs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: