Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jake Muasau Impressing at OTA's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titwio

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Jake Muasau Impressing at OTA's Reply with quote

Jake Muasau- 6'1 243 UDFA out of Georgia State.

Been hearing some good things about him and the Giants seem to be excited about the acquisition of him through free agency.

Here's some things Perry Fewell had to say about him when him in a conversation over OTA's and future camp battles...

Fewell answering a question about Greg Jones:

Quote:
Were going to try him on the outside. We like the young kid that we have, Jake Muasau playing middle backer.

Fewell on Muasau:

Quote:
Obviously, our scouting staff did a really nice job and had him down and we brought him in during rookie minicamp. When I walked in the equipment room and the first time I saw him, I thought he was Kawika Mitchell, and I got excited. Kawikas back. And then he turned around and said Im so excited to be here. Then I said, Its not Kawika. He comes to the meeting room, hes prepared. Coach Herrm has done a nice job of getting him focused on what to do. We saw something in him at rookie minicamp and said Hey, lets give this guy a shot because he was really professional at how he went about his work and business. We think if we give him the opportunity to get enough reps at the position hes playing right now, we might find something. Obviously, preseason games will tell, but we like what we saw in rookie minicamp and we like what weve seen in these three OTAs.

Fewell on where he thinks he fits:

Quote:
He looks like a natural Mike, even though hes not played it, than some of the guys we have. Coach Herrm has really done a nice job with him. Mentally, he has a visual picture of what we want and how we like to fit. Ill be very interested in how he performs when we get to training camp and when we get to preseason because hes just doing what we ask him to do. Sometimes thats just the best thing: just go out and play.

Anyway, I found this interesting when I was reading it. I personally never heard of the guy but the Giants seem to think they might have something with him...

Thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: