Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Recent Q&A with Ron Rivera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moody

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Recent Q&A with Ron Rivera Reply with quote

Offense Q&A:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/05/19/3252871/qa-ron-rivera-feels-good-about.html

Quote:
Q: You didnít mention Brandon LaFell. Do you feel pretty good about him?

RIVERA: I feel very confident about Brandon. The one thing I didnít want to do last year, I wanted to keep the carrot in front of Brandon. I didnít want him to feel like heís arrived. I think the thing that Brandon has to always keep in front of him is the big picture, and that is his continual growth. I hope he never, ever feels like heís arrived. If he keeps that approach and works hard like that. And truthfully, looks at the way Steve Smith does things, I think thatís going to help him. I really do. Because when Legedu (Naanee) did get hurt, and (LaFell) did step up and become the starter, I was very pleased with what happened. I thought it kind of signified that, hey, you know what, I think the young manís arriving. But he hasnít gotten there. Thatís the one thing, I donít want him to ever feel like heís gotten there.

Defense Q&A:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/05/20/3255525/qa-ron-rivera-says-carolina-panthers.html

Quote:

Q: Was safety a sore spot for you last year?

RIVERA: It was for us. In what you do defensively, you have to have a guy step up. But at the same time, youíve also go to have a guy in front of them thatís a communicator. I love Dan Connor, but Dan Connorís not a communicator. Heís a hard-nosed, grindstone type guy. And that was tough on our safeties. But now youíve got Jon Beason, who communicates like you canít believe. Youíve got Luke Kuechly, who shows he knows how to communicate. So right through the middle of our defense weíve gotten better. Now, knock on wood, we stay healthy. Because thatís probably the biggest problem we had more so than anything on defense really was getting healthy. Once the injuries started coming, we had to change the personality of how we wanted to do things and what we wanted to do. Now we have something where for the last five weeks, weíve been able to work on this in the classroom (portion of OTAs).

What do you all think of these early words?

I'm not saying they're a precursor for the season, but it sets up expectations for training camp. I expect camp to be great throughout. It will be their first real camp after a bounceback season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: