Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Clady, Broncos now negotiating a long term deal!! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbronx42

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Clady is an awesome talent at a very tough position to find... However, if you guys don't think Ryan totally sucked last season then you are fooling yourselves. Forget him leading the league in holding penalties, he also got flat out abused in some games as well. You can blame that on Tebow all you want, but he sucked when Orton was as well.

Hopefully it was just a season slump, but i wouldn't hand out a ridiculous contract to a guy who was so poor last season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
Ryan Clady is an awesome talent at a very tough position to find... However, if you guys don't think Ryan totally sucked last season then you are fooling yourselves. Forget him leading the league in holding penalties, he also got flat out abused in some games as well. You can blame that on Tebow all you want, but he sucked when Orton was as well.

Hopefully it was just a season slump, but i wouldn't hand out a ridiculous contract to a guy who was so poor last season.

Partly due to Orton lack of awareness in the pocket, partly due to Tebow running like a scared girl, and partly due to his achilles injury. Look for Clady to have a strong season next year and be considered a top 5 LT again.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:

Then consider me a fool. He was not stellar, but way above average for a LT. Neither beadles nor TT helped him at all.

Can you imagine being a LT, having to worry about your LG getting blown up again and having to assist to the inside? How 'bout your QB holding on to the ball for 6+ seconds?

Sorry bud but Clady did not suck. Far, far from it.

By the way, as far as blaming a lot of it on TT, you bet your a$$ I will. TT is an NFL O linemans worst nightmare. No mental clock, no feel for a passing game and looks to run (probably prefers to) on every play.
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

Then consider me a fool. He was not stellar, but way above average for a LT. Neither beadles nor TT helped him at all.

Can you imagine being a LT, having to worry about your LG getting blown up again and having to assist to the inside? How 'bout your QB holding on to the ball for 6+ seconds?

By the way, as far as blaming a lot of it on TT, you bet your a$$ I will. TT is an NFL O linemans worst nightmare. No mental clock, no feel for a passing game and looks to run (probably prefers to) on every play.
I like this response and would like to add that there is no way Clady can ever live up to his rookie season. The stats say he allowed only half a sack. So to "improve" he would have to shut out every player he faces.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

Then explain why Clady sucked in the 4 games prior to Tim Tebow starting... Ryan Clady is overrated by Broncos fans. Period. He is a mediocre pass blocker, and an above average run blocker. The only elite season he ever had was his rookie year, and even that was inflated by Cutler not wanting Ryan to take a 'sack allowed' stat. Jay would throw 5 INT's that year before allowing Ryan to let up a sack.

I can only laugh how you blame others for someone else's struggles.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/44301/cladys-sacks-allowed-numbers-soar

Quote:
He allowed a career high nine sacks in 2011, and was penalized 12 times last season.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

Then explain why Clady sucked in the 4 games prior to Tim Tebow starting... Ryan Clady is overrated by Broncos fans. Period. He is a mediocre pass blocker, and an above average run blocker. The only elite season he ever had was his rookie year, and even that was inflated by Cutler not wanting Ryan to take a 'sack allowed' stat. Jay would throw 5 INT's that year before allowing Ryan to let up a sack.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/44301/cladys-sacks-allowed-numbers-soar

Quote:
He allowed a career high nine sacks in 2011, and was penalized 12 times last season.

Laughing is a good thing and I'm glad I can help. Trust me, it's reciprocal. Your posts quite often keep me amused. Very Happy
dbronx42

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

Quote:

Laughing is a good thing and I'm glad I can help. Trust me, it's reciprocal. Your posts quite often keep me amused. Very Happy

So in other words i put up facts that Clady struggled mightily last season, and you come back with nothing? Good one... Speak to the hand Clady is nothing more than slightly above average LT. You can blame Tebow all you want, but in reality Clady has gotten worse as the years have gone along. His play (along with stats) show that. Like it or not i don't care.

I'd love to keep him as like i said he is still a good LT, but if the Broncos pay him like he is top 3-5 at his position they are nuts IMO... To bring up the Tim Tebow excuse is just that. An excuse. Ryan Clady wasn't even blocking for Tebow's blindside and still sucked at pass protection. Seemed like he got a holding call every game.

By his reaction to when we got Peyton made it seem like he hated having to block for Tim. So maybe his motivation or passion wasn't as high as it should have been. I don't know. But like i said paying him as a top 3-5 LT would just be stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:

So in other words i put up facts that Clady struggled mightily last season, and you come back with nothing?

No, you didn't put up facts, you quoted statistics. I believe it was Mark Twain that said "there are lies, damned lies, and statistics." A statistic only defines an end result, nothing that led to it. Don't confuse that with a fact.

You and I watch a different game. I was taught to watch the line at the snap for a second or two before I think about watching skill players. I've been doing that for 50 years. It's a different game, and helps explain "stats".

We just don't agree. You like stats, I like what I've witnessed. No sense discussing it. We'll continue to disagree.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
I believe it was Mark Twain that said "there are lies, damned lies, and statistics." A statistic only defines an end result, nothing that led to it.

Oh Idea, I like what you said there.
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

Quote:

So in other words i put up facts that Clady struggled mightily last season, and you come back with nothing? Good one... Speak to the hand Clady is nothing more than slightly above average LT. You can blame Tebow all you want, but in reality Clady has gotten worse as the years have gone along. His play (along with stats) show that. Like it or not i don't care.

I'd love to keep him as like i said he is still a good LT, but if the Broncos pay him like he is top 3-5 at his position they are nuts IMO... To bring up the Tim Tebow excuse is just that. An excuse. Ryan Clady wasn't even blocking for Tebow's blindside and still sucked at pass protection. Seemed like he got a holding call every game.

By his reaction to when we got Peyton made it seem like he hated having to block for Tim. So maybe his motivation or passion wasn't as high as it should have been. I don't know. But like i said paying him as a top 3-5 LT would just be stupid.
Whether Clady was on the blindsise or not is irrelevant.

It is a fact that Tebow was often given a nice 3-5 second pocket, but wouldn't release the ball. He would then slide left into Clady's direction. Not even the great Gary Zimmerman can be asked to block longet than that. To say that Tebow didn't have an adverse effect on all of the O-line statistics is very short sighted. He held onto the ball waay too much. That is a fact, not an opinion.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah, Blah, Blah it's all Tebow's fault... Even though he struggled just as bad with Kyle Orton at QB.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Clady is a quality LT. IMO, he isn't elite, but Denver likely won't find a similar caliber replacement for him should they let him walk.

He does get beat occasionally and there are instances throughout the past few seasons where he has gotten beat like a drum, Tamba Hali a year or 2 back comes to mind. Again though, he is a quality LT whom gets the job done the vast majority of the time.

As far as Tebow, yes, he made Clady's job incredibly difficult. He may have put more stress on Clady than any other OL on the team because Tebow ALWAYS rolled to his left. I don't know how many times i posted during the season that he put Clady in situations where it was impossible to make a block. Was Tebow the only reason Clady gave up a high # of sacks and penalties? No, but i recall quite a few holds that were a result of Tebow rolling to Clady's side all the time and there were probably a few sacks in there. It's an impossible block. Tebow got outside of Clady and took away all of Clady's positioning.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
Blah, Blah, Blah it's all Tebow's fault... Even though he struggled just as bad with Kyle Orton at QB.

Excellent retort! Classic! How can I possibly argue with that?

YOU WIN!!!
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:

I love it when people remember like 5 at most bad plays during a game and pay no attention to all the plays where Clady does a fine job. Offensive line evaluation to the standard fan.

And seriously, you critics of Ryan Clady probably think Joe Thomas is a great player so I can't take any of you seriously.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

I love it when people remember like 5 at most bad plays during a game and pay no attention to all the plays where Clady does a fine job. Offensive line evaluation to the standard fan.

And seriously, you critics of Ryan Clady probably think Joe Thomas is a great player so I can't take any of you seriously.

Joe Thomas is a great player?

Ryan Clady is a great player also but he has been off since we've had so much inconsistency at the QB position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: