Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fish wants to break the sack record

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ajhicks11


Joined: 15 Jan 2010
Posts: 717
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Fish wants to break the sack record Reply with quote

Fisher wants the Rams to break the season total sack record. This is a lofty goal, but it really excites me to hear it. You know they are going to be bringing pressure a lot, not too mention the front 4 being very strong. The record is pretty old, I believe the article said 1985 by the Bears with 72. That is a lot of sacks.

What do you think the chances actually are that the Rams do this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82932a48/article/jeff-fisher-asks-rams-d-to-break-nfl-sack-record?module=HP11_headline_stack
_________________
GO RAMS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamRod


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 9304
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Fish wants to break the sack record Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
What do you think the chances actually are that the Rams do this?


NOT going to happen. 0%.

When the Bears set the record the game was different back then. Now, teams put so much in to protecting the QB and the QBs get rid of the ball faster.

We had 39 sacks last year. Yes, we did make some upgrades across the line but I doubt the production will sky rocket that much.

Also, the team with the most sacks last year had 50 and teams rarely even get into the 60s now, and to get into the 70s is insane.

I think Fisher knows how unlikely it is, he's just trying to motivate them or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ajhicks11


Joined: 15 Jan 2010
Posts: 717
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Fish wants to break the sack record Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:
What do you think the chances actually are that the Rams do this?


NOT going to happen. 0%.

When the Bears set the record the game was different back then. Now, teams put so much in to protecting the QB and the QBs get rid of the ball faster.

We had 39 sacks last year. Yes, we did make some upgrades across the line but I doubt the production will sky rocket that much.

Also, the team with the most sacks last year had 50 and teams rarely even get into the 60s now, and to get into the 70s is insane.

I think Fisher knows how unlikely it is, he's just trying to motivate them or something.


Thanks for the reply. I wasn't exactly sure how likely it would be to happen. With the amount of quality corners we have (if they are and stay healthy) we will be able to put even more pressure on.
_________________
GO RAMS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45991
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather them set their sights high and come up just short than set their sights low and come up just short. It's possible but extremely difficult. Here's basically what we would be looking at:
Long - 15
Quinn - 13
Langford - 8.5
Brockers - 4
Laurinaitis - 5.5
Stewart - 3
Mikell - 3
Finnegan - 2
Jenkins - 2
Sims - 6
Hayes - 4
Dunbar - 3
Laws - 2
Haggans/other starting OLB - 2

That's 73 sacks. So while not impossible, I'd say EXTREMELY unlikely.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajhicks11


Joined: 15 Jan 2010
Posts: 717
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I'd rather them set their sights high and come up just short than set their sights low and come up just short. It's possible but extremely difficult. Here's basically what we would be looking at:
Long - 15
Quinn - 13
Langford - 8.5
Brockers - 4
Laurinaitis - 5.5
Stewart - 3
Mikell - 3
Finnegan - 2
Jenkins - 2
Sims - 6
Hayes - 4
Dunbar - 3
Laws - 2
Haggans/other starting OLB - 2

That's 73 sacks. So while not impossible, I'd say EXTREMELY unlikely.


Looks to be very unlikely, although it would be so cool to watch happen. I'm excited for how this defense is shaping up!
_________________
GO RAMS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamRod


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 9304
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears also made the NFC Championship game that year. We are not on that level yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have dreams they may not come true but lets work for something I love this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalifornianRam


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Posts: 470
Location: Porterville, California
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think every other play some one on the D is going to shout FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! i hope we kill alex smith this season with the sacks. it'll get to him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group