Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Rolle vs Jamar Chaney for starting WILL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rolle vs Chaney
Brian Rolle
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Jamar Chaney
75%
 75%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 28

willy_law

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolle def showed some promise but without a doubt im going Chaney
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Alright, so most Eagles fans on FF are on the same page here. I just get frustrated reading articles and blogs stating that Rolle not only is going to be the starting WILL, but he was a "bright spot" amongst a bad linebacking core. Rolle was at the core of the problem. He just made some plays where Casey Matthews only got abused.

Now the stats are out about how poorly Rolle played.

Quote:

Brian Rolle and Nate Allen were tagged with 10 missed tackles apiece. Among linebackers with a minimum of 50 tackles, Tampa's Quincy Black was the worst with a missed tackle rate of 17.2 percent. However, Rolle didn't qualify because he was only credited with 44 tackles. If he had been eligible, he would have been worse than Black with an 18.5 percent missed tackle rate. I like Rolle and think he was actually one of the team's better linebackers last year, but that number is alarming.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Five-Eagles-numbers-that-matter.html

Quote:
The only Eagle defender who gave up more touchdown passes than Coleman was linebacker Brian Rolle, who gave up five.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-05-16/sports/31711925_1_safety-spot-jaiquawn-jarrett-nate-allen/2

Jamar Chaney and Casey Matthews advanced statistics can be found here
http://mcnabborkolb.com/post/19733847383/tackling-eagles-linebackers-vs-demeco-ryans

Numbers can be skewed. By watching the Cardinals game alone will prove that. Rolle was lined up 1 on 1 against Larry Fitzgerald in the Red Zone with a predictable outcome.

Numbers are always right though. Rolling Eyes
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Alright, so most Eagles fans on FF are on the same page here. I just get frustrated reading articles and blogs stating that Rolle not only is going to be the starting WILL, but he was a "bright spot" amongst a bad linebacking core. Rolle was at the core of the problem. He just made some plays where Casey Matthews only got abused.

Quote:

Brian Rolle and Nate Allen were tagged with 10 missed tackles apiece. Among linebackers with a minimum of 50 tackles, Tampa's Quincy Black was the worst with a missed tackle rate of 17.2 percent. However, Rolle didn't qualify because he was only credited with 44 tackles. If he had been eligible, he would have been worse than Black with an 18.5 percent missed tackle rate. I like Rolle and think he was actually one of the team's better linebackers last year, but that number is alarming.

Quote:
The only Eagle defender who gave up more touchdown passes than Coleman was linebacker Brian Rolle, who gave up five.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-05-16/sports/31711925_1_safety-spot-jaiquawn-jarrett-nate-allen/2

http://mcnabborkolb.com/post/19733847383/tackling-eagles-linebackers-vs-demeco-ryans

Numbers can be skewed. By watching the Cardinals game alone will prove that. Rolle was lined up 1 on 1 against Larry Fitzgerald in the Red Zone with a predictable outcome.

On numbers:

Numbers don't lie.
But, people do.

It is in the interpretation of statistics that misinformation occurs.

Often not accounted for are the variables that occur in conjunction with any given set of statistics.
It is the old "4 out of 5 dentists recommend sugarless gum for their patients who chew gum" theory.
It is a meaningless claim without examining the variables and most certainly does not lead to the obvious conclusion that you should chew Trident.

The same sort of ambiguity applies to most printed football statistics.

Note: I reserve the right to quote football statistics myself from time to time.
I simply challenge others to find the flaws in my methodology or concede that I am correct.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

On numbers:

Numbers don't lie.
But, people do.

It is in the interpretation of statistics that misinformation occurs.

Often not accounted for are the variables that occur in conjunction with any given set of statistics.
It is the old "4 out of 5 dentists recommend sugarless gum for their patients who chew gum" theory.
It is a meaningless claim without examining the variables and most certainly does not lead to the obvious conclusion that you should chew Trident.

The same sort of ambiguity applies to most printed football statistics.

Note: I reserve the right to quote football statistics myself from time to time.
I simply challenge others to find the flaws in my methodology or concede that I am correct.

But wouldn't the inherent flaws in recording these statistics be the same for all players?

Your dentist survey at its core is opinion based. Think about it.
stevec0008

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaney needs to be healthy first and foremost, but everything I've read from Andy says that he'll be competing for SAMbacker, no?

If Kendricks win's then we can slide him over to WILL, but, at this point isn't it more, Chaney vs Kendricks, and Matthews vs Rolle?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I have to school you all with my vast football knowledge once again. You guys should really just listen to me, take whatever I say as the gospel, and not worry about trying to evaluate the players yourselves or what the so called "experts" think.

If you watch this video here, it shows indisputable evidence the Rolle will be a great NFL linebacker. You see the uncovered lineman move immediately to the second level and attempt to seal off Brian as he reads the play. Rolle shows great technique with his punch and use of leverage to quickly shed the lineman. He then reads and reacts to the counter toward the opposite side of the field and has the speed to make the tackle before the runner can make the first down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVEByxwgHns

My logic here is inarguable. Here is indisputable video proof.

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
It seems I have to school you all with my vast football knowledge once again. You guys should really just listen to me, take whatever I say as the gospel, and not worry about trying to evaluate the players yourselves or what the so called "experts" think.

If you watch this video here, it shows indisputable evidence the Rolle will be a great NFL linebacker. You see the uncovered lineman move immediately to the second level and attempt to seal off Brian as he reads the play. Rolle shows great technique with his punch and use of leverage to quickly shed the lineman. He then reads and reacts to the counter toward the opposite side of the field and has the speed to make the tackle before the runner can make the first down.

You had me at hello.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

You had me at hello.

He never said hello Confused Shocked

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who has beefier thighs of the two?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:

#JDI
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

lulz

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolle.

And who ever said Chaney because he's taller, really? That's what a 1 inch difference?

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
philyeagles3

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolle-Matthews-Chaney as of right now.

I'd be lying if I said Chaney is the favorite right now because he is injured, I even thought he'd be healthy by this time. Rolle is getting a great jump start on Chaney. He has to be really benefitting from the presense of Ryans. I wouldn't be shocked to see Matthews Rolle and Chaney all take a leap forward in progression this year.

I want the job to come down to Matthews and Rolle. I know Chaney is the most athletic of the three, but I'm just weary of his instincts at this point. I know the WILL is supposed to be the "easiest" of the LB positions, but I just don't trust Chaney....not like I don't trust the other three much more..but the actions of the Eagles suggest they don't even like his cover skills at this point which means he is boned in the eyes of Reid.

Covering is essential for LBs anymore and Chaney hasn't shown the ability to cover. He was demoted in favor of Matthews lol doesn't that tell you guys anything.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Brian Rolle vs Jamar Chaney for starting WILL Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
If you had the final say in what guy would enter training camp as the "starting" WILL out of those two, which one would it be?

Nothing else matters, no other players, just those two and what they bring to the position within the scheme.

Do we know how healthy Chaney is yet?

His neck injury could be a major concern for me, so I can't answer this question until I get full disclosure on his medical status.

He may believe that he's 100% healed, but the doctors haven't cleared him to participate in the OTAs coming up tomorrow. So with that fact put forth, as of right now, I have Rolle starting.

But if Chaney comes back to full health, I think he has a great chance to win that job.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Rolle.

And who ever said Chaney because he's taller, really? That's what a 1 inch difference?

It's 2.5 inch. And we have the shortest LB Core in the league.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: