You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One Tree Hill Series ~ Sporty's Re-Watch Notes (Pilot Up)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: One Tree Hill Series ~ Sporty's Re-Watch Notes (Pilot Up) Reply with quote

So I thought that it would be appropriate to have a thread about the show seeing how it seems there is a male following on ff here.

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012

Last edited by sportskid_021 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 15 times in total
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen the first few episodes of this season with the Quinn and Clay stuff. I'm like 12 episodes behind I need to catch up! Quinn is a BABE.

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first four seasons were really good and it has just gotten worse since then

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
first four seasons were really good and it has just gotten worse since then

I think its the first 6 seasons were good, but once CMM & HB left the show dropped off, I mean the shows premise was 2 brothers & their lives, how can you continue with only one?

thrILL!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:
I mean the shows premise was 2 brothers & their lives, how can you continue with only one?

Relatively low production costs and cardboard cutout plots/scripts.

I've stuck with it just to see it through to the end. I hate when this show dips into the psycho-melodrama:

-Katie gets taken away after being seemingly arrested on the pier following Clay tricking her off the ledge. Maybe they mentioned it in passing or maybe they didn't, but presumably she was in psychiatric care awaiting potential charges. Somehow she either was deemed safe to be released on her own recognizance or posted bail and was allowed to walk the streets.

-Then she shows up and blasts Clay and Quinn after yet again breaking in for an ambush. Apparently, Katie is not only an aspiring tennis pro, but she's an expert at breaking and entering bcuz this is the 2nd time she's done this (the art gallery).

-Clay and Quinn get shot and the police were NEVER involved. Not even a mention of it. That's lazy writing.

-When Katie returns for the kill, Quinn should have sliced Katie's achilles tendon Pet Sematary style when she was hiding under the bed. But then they wouldn't have been able to give the actress who plays Katie the Razzie for the worst performance in a TV show.

This stuff drives me crazy. Peyton's stalker Derek tying her and Brooke up on prom night. Nanny Carrie going Misery on Dan. Now Katie. If they're going to stoop to this then just cancel this show already and put it out of its misery. Somewhere Chad Michael Murray is laughing his [inappropriate/removed] off. Good thing he got out before it became this mess.

Yet I keep watching to see it through to the end.... Confused

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
No more late night Boggle with Paul Giamatti.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That being said, the reason I watched this show (other than an ex getting me into it in the first place) was Lucas and Nathan's relationship and the basketball aspect. Nathan going pro was what made this show bearable the last few years (altho I knew they'd rip it away from him first chance they got). Sure, it's trifle melodramatic at times and its demographic is prolly teenage girls but the basketball brought some testosterone. The thing I liked about it is that the guys could actually play basketball. Too many times in movies and shows they have guys playing basketball when they have no business fronting like they can.

The plot line about Troy being drafted by the Falcons did bug me tremendously bcuz they have Matt Ryan. Do any of OTH's writers watch sports at all? Why didn't they just make Troy a different position? Of course, it's TV but wouldn't it be better if they had a clue what they were writing about? It's not like this is some secret knowledge that only diehard NFL fans are aware of. It's common sense.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The writing is incredibly lazy, no-one can deny that, but the chicks are hot and I want to see it through to the end.

I mean classic example of lazy writing is the fact that basically a week after going through a horrendously traumatic experience with a serial stalker, you are out getting horribly drunk to the point you, cannot remember what you did?

Why would a straight up and down economics professor own a skateboarding dog?

I like Jaime. Even though the Falcons storyline is flawed, it needs more of it. Nathan and Clay peak my interest any time they are on. So does Haley in the music based storylines.

Outside of that it is incredible repetitive and predictable.

But I will see it through.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this show cancelled yet?
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schrute Bears21 wrote:

No they are currently in season 8 & this maybe the last but rumor is that there maybe a season 9, cw is expected to make the announcement in the spring

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plots are getting worse and worse, but like many here, i'll stick it out to the bitter end. Odds are they'll end up just pulling it mid way through season 11 and there will be no ending.

When Clay and Quinn got shot, part of me was hoping they were dead (and who gets shot in the chest, sits around for hours upon hours and doesn't die?).

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:
Schrute Bears21 wrote:

No they are currently in season 8 & this maybe the last but rumor is that there maybe a season 9, cw is expected to make the announcement in the spring

And while most shows on the CW are falling in ratings, One Tree Hill continues to draw improved ratings. At this stage I cannot see them not going in for at least another 12 episodes for a 9th season, depending on money and acting personnel.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped watching when Lucas and Peyton left the show and honestly thats where they should of stopped it.
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just to generate some discussion about the series I am trying to sort through and figure out my 10 essential/favorite episodes for watching this series and also my favorite/defining moment for each character. Feel free to do the same- I am typing up the 10 episodes right now even-though part of me I think will want to include tomorrow night's episode in there. Oh and finally I will be writing up my general idea on how the series should end (IMO) if this is the last season.

But feel free to do the same....

thrILL!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan Scott = BALLER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKdoz8rUXCc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

^^ That's the best scene in the entire series hands down IMO. I remember watching it when it originally aired and the part starting at 2:18 had me jumping around my living room yelling "THAT's my $&@#%! BOY!!!" over and over like it was a real game. Haha. Just watching it again got me hype and ready to do some push-ups or something.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
Nathan Scott = BALLER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKdoz8rUXCc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

^^ That's the best scene in the entire series hands down IMO. I remember watching it when it originally aired and the part starting at 2:18 had me jumping around my living room yelling "THAT's my $&@#%! BOY!!!" over and over like it was a real game. Haha. Just watching it again got me hype and ready to do some push-ups or something.

It's true that no look free throw was pretty sweet, but I wish somehow these last 2 seasons they coulda found him some way more than just being an agent, get sports more involved again. Or since it seems agent is sticking try too get some more high profile athletes, they have done that with the musicians.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: