Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew holding out for new deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 2890
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Did the Jaguars not learn anything from the Titans in regard to allowing your RB to hold out? The rust that builds up is ridiculous.

MJD is a little.nore physical then CJ. No offense, as long as MJD plays for us next year, he will run for over 1400 yards which wont be like last year, but im expecting more from Gabbert, Blackmon, & Laurent.
Yards will be easier this year for MJD, He wont have defenses stacking the box, bf this year we will actually have a passing attack.


CJ wasn't bad last year just because his rust made him lose speed, it had to do with having no stamina at all. If anything, holding out like this is worse for a power back than a speed back.

We had a passing game that did just fine(granted when Hass got injured it went downhill a good bit, but when he was healthy it was an above average pass offense).

Of course, CJ's problem wasn't just rust, it was the interior o-line, too, but I still think this will effect MJD big time if they don't get him in for camp and pre-season.
MJD is one of the hardest working players ive ever seen. He trains on his own in cali every year. CJ spent last off season crying and eating cheetos, mojo is working his [inappropriate/removed] off it's not even worth worrying about.


You clearly didn't follow what was going on last year if you think CJ spent last off-season not working out.

Working out isn't going to get someone in football shape.

MoJo is one of the best players in the league. The Jags would be stupid not to get him in for camp. Especially with a QB who is going to need help while he was developing.

Steve McNair would probably have been a nobody if George wasn't able to carry him through the tough times. Gabbert, if he wants to become a player truly worthy of the spot he was drafted, is going to need that same type of help, IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80453
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of everything I have missed since leaving for 3 weeks, this worries me a ton. We will have a Top-3 pick if MJD doesnt play
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikeyfarley


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 4430
Location: floride
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD should holdout and come back for week 10. Why should he potentially put 300+ carries on his body this year and next for under $5 mil a year? He could prolong his career by doing this and will be able to spend more years in the NFL on his future deal(getting paid more) than wasting away at a discount during his current contract.
_________________
scrimmage wrote:
Tebow just went PREIST MODE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6431
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Out of everything I have missed since leaving for 3 weeks, this worries me a ton. We will have a Top-3 pick if MJD doesnt play


It's not that dramatic.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 715
Location: Jacksonville
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wont have to carry the load for 300 times with a healthy Jennings back. Think of how we were in 2010, but this time we have a top 10 defense. Passing game will be improved with or without Gabbert starting but I hope he does start because that can only mean he's better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikeyfarley


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 4430
Location: floride
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
He wont have to carry the load for 300 times with a healthy Jennings back. Think of how we were in 2010, but this time we have a top 10 defense. Passing game will be improved with or without Gabbert starting but I hope he does start because that can only mean he's better.
Jennings is soft, and can't run between the tackles well. Jennings had very few carries in 2010 until the last 2 games when he had to start. MJD had 299 carries that year even with Jennings.

The Jags FO for all we know will run MJD into the ground the next 2 years, trying to get as much out of him as possible before they have to give him anything else, then might franchise him to keep him out of FA if his value is still high.

Mularkey was the OC in Atlanta and Michael Turner was at the top of the league in carries those 4 years, there's no reason to believe he'll do differently in Jacksonville, especially with a young QB that had a bad rookie season.
_________________
scrimmage wrote:
Tebow just went PREIST MODE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80453
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey is definitely right about the fact that Mularkey ran a ton with Turner
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
dswinton wrote:
He wont have to carry the load for 300 times with a healthy Jennings back. Think of how we were in 2010, but this time we have a top 10 defense. Passing game will be improved with or without Gabbert starting but I hope he does start because that can only mean he's better.
Jennings is soft, and can't run between the tackles well. Jennings had very few carries in 2010 until the last 2 games when he had to start. MJD had 299 carries that year even with Jennings.

The Jags FO for all we know will run MJD into the ground the next 2 years, trying to get as much out of him as possible before they have to give him anything else, then might franchise him to keep him out of FA if his value is still high.

Mularkey was the OC in Atlanta and Michael Turner was at the top of the league in carries those 4 years, there's no reason to believe he'll do differently in Jacksonville, especially with a young QB that had a bad rookie season.

I agree Mike.
Jennings isnt that impressive to me, Mularkey will have MJD runnin the ball 350 + times this year. He loves tough run football.
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80453
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Out of everything I have missed since leaving for 3 weeks, this worries me a ton. We will have a Top-3 pick if MJD doesnt play


It's not that dramatic.


Is it though? Without him we probably wouldnt have averaged 10 ppg last year. This year it wouldnt be a ton better. maybe 18 ppg
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6431
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Out of everything I have missed since leaving for 3 weeks, this worries me a ton. We will have a Top-3 pick if MJD doesnt play


It's not that dramatic.


Is it though? Without him we probably wouldnt have averaged 10 ppg last year. This year it wouldnt be a ton better. maybe 18 ppg


Teams, especially ones with young QB's grow a lot during the offseason. Assuming the team will be garbage without MJD is assuming the young players won't progress and the new additions will do nothing.

Gene has built a very well-rounded roster and three wins isn't a possibility unless the injury bug creeps up in a historic way.

I also don't think Jennings would be enough of a drop off to severely hinder the offense - the guy can be an average back and is better on passing downs than MJD because he's not a tiny target fr Blaine.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bad meets Evil


Joined: 23 Sep 2011
Posts: 1637
Location: Duval
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see any reason to give him a contract extension. If he wanted leverage he should have negotiated a 3 year deal. I'm sure he was thrilled to get 17.5 million guaranteed (top 3 rb money).

I still think we see him playing by week 1.
_________________

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Adopt a Jag
Johnathan Cyprien - 41 tackles, 3 FF, 1 sack
Mike Brown - 5 receptions, 63 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6431
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad meets Evil wrote:
I really don't see any reason to give him a contract extension. If he wanted leverage he should have negotiated a 3 year deal. I'm sure he was thrilled to get 17.5 million guaranteed (top 3 rb money).

I still think we see him playing by week 1.


I agree on both counts.

We definitely overpaid him the first time around, and early to boot. That was the uncapped year and the team could have made him play longer under the cheap rookie contract but chose to make an early, risky commitment to MJD.

His first year under that contract, he broke down toward the end of the year and did the same in year two with the knee.

The team really stuck it's neck out for him. I understand why he wants as much money as possible, but he's really only played one full season in the first three years of the contract. The likelihood that an even bigger contract will somehow produce added value is silly.

Wayne paid an undersized, unproven backup runningback top three money and runningbacks very rarely have two big paydays. MJD has no leverage here, nor should he.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 715
Location: Jacksonville
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can strongly gurantee everyone that Jennings will have breakout/career year this season and I want everyone to hold me to it. Good things happen for good people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80453
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
I can strongly gurantee everyone that Jennings will have breakout/career year this season and I want everyone to hold me to it. Good things happen for good people.


Tell that to AK74's knees.

I hope you are right and I'd love to root for a Liberty prospect, but I think it all depends on what you mean "career year"/"breakout" year. His best year is only: 84-459-4 with 26-233-0 receiving, so a career year still wouldnt be a Top-50 season for the guys in 2012
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80453
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo, who is that fox in your avy?
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group