Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew holding out for new deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Maurice Jones-Drew, seeking a new deal, will not report to Jags minicamp today.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/212502300076425216
Tom Brady Tribute
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we have a story.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping this wouldn't happen. But, after Gene's comments the other day, I expected it.

I hope this doesn't become a huge distraction. But I see validity on both sides and I think it may get ugly.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could get interesting.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the greatest of off seasons fo sho.

#JDI
Badfish87

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have the cap room, they should sign him to a two year extension and just pay him almost all upfront.
dswinton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kahn is becoming one of the best owners in the league( I knew I like Kahn making all the decisions instead of Gene). He said he is gonna pay the the super star his money. Think what khan has done for us in his first offical off season. He went after Tebow hard for the fans and he is the reason why we have Blackmon. Kahn needs to continue to be the decision maker instead of Gene.
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Kahn is becoming one of the best owners in the league( I knew I like Kahn making all the decisions instead of Gene). He said he is gonna pay the the super star his money. Think what khan has done for us in his first offical off season. He went after Tebow hard for the fans and he is the reason why we have Blackmon. Kahn needs to continue to be the decision maker instead of Gene.

..... Just wow.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
dswinton wrote:

..... Just wow.

#JDI
Conrad Buff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:

1. That's not how GM's and Owners work... Gene is still making all of the decisions.

2. Tebow sucks.

3. Drafting Blackmon is common sense and regardless of the fact that the Owner has the say in the matter, the GM drafts all of the players.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
You missed the sarcasm button.

I hope

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Jaguars not learn anything from the Titans in regard to allowing your RB to hold out? The rust that builds up is ridiculous.
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Did the Jaguars not learn anything from the Titans in regard to allowing your RB to hold out? The rust that builds up is ridiculous.

MJD is a little.nore physical then CJ. No offense, as long as MJD plays for us next year, he will run for over 1400 yards which wont be like last year, but im expecting more from Gabbert, Blackmon, & Laurent.
Yards will be easier this year for MJD, He wont have defenses stacking the box, bf this year we will actually have a passing attack.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

MJD is a little.nore physical then CJ. No offense, as long as MJD plays for us next year, he will run for over 1400 yards which wont be like last year, but im expecting more from Gabbert, Blackmon, & Laurent.
Yards will be easier this year for MJD, He wont have defenses stacking the box, bf this year we will actually have a passing attack.

CJ wasn't bad last year just because his rust made him lose speed, it had to do with having no stamina at all. If anything, holding out like this is worse for a power back than a speed back.

We had a passing game that did just fine(granted when Hass got injured it went downhill a good bit, but when he was healthy it was an above average pass offense).

Of course, CJ's problem wasn't just rust, it was the interior o-line, too, but I still think this will effect MJD big time if they don't get him in for camp and pre-season.
sadjag

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

CJ wasn't bad last year just because his rust made him lose speed, it had to do with having no stamina at all. If anything, holding out like this is worse for a power back than a speed back.

We had a passing game that did just fine(granted when Hass got injured it went downhill a good bit, but when he was healthy it was an above average pass offense).

Of course, CJ's problem wasn't just rust, it was the interior o-line, too, but I still think this will effect MJD big time if they don't get him in for camp and pre-season.
MJD is one of the hardest working players ive ever seen. He trains on his own in cali every year. CJ spent last off season crying and eating cheetos, mojo is working his [inappropriate/removed] off it's not even worth worrying about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: