Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael McAdoo tears Achilles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Michael McAdoo tears Achilles Reply with quote

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/blogs/sports/ravens/ravens-michael-mcadoo-tore-achilles-tendon-has-surgery/article_94f1a502-ac51-11e1-9f2b-001a4bcf887a.html

Quote:
OWINGS MILLS -- Baltimore Ravens outside linebacker Michael McAdoo tore his Achilles tendon during an organized team activity practice Thursday and underwent surgery today to repair the damage.

Given the timing and severity of the injury, McAdoo is expected to miss the entire NFL season.

I don't think this is a big deal for the team this season but it's terrible for McAdoo's development. He spent last season on IR (although that might have been one of the front office's ploys to keep him under contract instead of risking him on the practice squad) and missing a season of practice isn't good.
drd23

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit.

Feel sorry for the guy. He was already battling uphill to make a difference in the NFL, and now sustaining an injury that could effect one of his main attributes in his explosiveness (along with missing a year of training/practice) could severely dent his ability to be an effective pass rusher in the future.

Hopefully this spate of Achilles injuries don't come in threes too Sad

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing what we had in him. I don't know why, but I had a feeling he may just be a diamond in the rough but it appears that he's all but done now. This will be his 3rd straight year away from football and now having a serious injury to recover from.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I had a pretty good feeling about this kid too. This sucks, I really wanted to see something out of him this year. Still have high hopes for Sergio as far as pass rushing. Sergio please stay healthy!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not talking
Suddenly our deepest position just became one of our thinnest positions. And yeah they say death comes in 3s hopefully injuries don't as well, the OLB position couldn't withstand another loss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: