Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

As good as V-Jax?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitansAllDay

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: As good as V-Jax? Reply with quote

Hey y'all Titans fan here. Been putting together a FF watch/gem list for this coming year.

Everyone is talking about Meachem but I see Malcolm Floyd as a far superior fantasy option. With Jackson gone I think he can shine.

What do you think? I play a 10 player format(QB,RB,RB,WR,TE,D,D,D,K)

What round should I pick Malcolm Floyd in the FF draft?

Also is Ryan Matthews worth Round 1 consideration?

And will Antonio Gates be available in round 5 when I want to get a TE?

If y'all havent noticed I'm fond of your offense haha and love FF like many of us.

Thanks
Zappaz

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: As good as V-Jax? Reply with quote

TitansAllDay wrote:
Hey y'all Titans fan here. Been putting together a FF watch/gem list for this coming year.

Everyone is talking about Meachem but I see Malcolm Floyd as a far superior fantasy option. With Jackson gone I think he can shine.

What do you think? I play a 10 player format(QB,RB,RB,WR,TE,D,D,D,K)

What round should I pick Malcolm Floyd in the FF draft?

Also is Ryan Matthews worth Round 1 consideration?

And will Antonio Gates be available in round 5 when I want to get a TE?

If y'all havent noticed I'm fond of your offense haha and love FF like many of us.

Thanks

Floyd is definitely talented enough, imo more talented than Vjax, but the knock on him is and always has been his inability to stay healthy. If he plays all 16 I can see him putting up pretty good numbers. For a single WR league, I dont think he'd be worth a top WR slot though because he can go down at any second. One guy to keep in mind is Vincent Brown, I feel he is going to be damn good and has a chance to breakout this year.

Depending on how deep your league is I can see RM24 as first round. We finally have a big power FB to open holes again, that should only help RM get going.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd is way more talented than Meachem. I'm going to say VJ definitely has more potential to be better, but over the last 3 seasons they've been very close talent-wise.

Gates should be a fifth rounder at the earliest.
Floyd is a very good #2 WR option in ff. Maybe 7th round?

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
TitansAllDay

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight guys!
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if your league puts a heavy emphasis on TD's for scoring, you'd likely want to steer clear of Mathews (or in my opinion almost any RB) in the 1st round. TD-happy fantasy leagues almost necessitate you taking a QB in the 1st if you can get an elite one over just-after-elite tier RB's. Additionally, as much as I'll hope he does, I don't have confidence in Norv to consistently give Mathews the goal-line carries, so you may see a TD-vulture in our backfield (McClain quite possibly) usurp some of that scoring value of RM24.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: