Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fox and Elways Press Conference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Fox and Elways Press Conference Reply with quote

The Johns said a few key things in the PC that I've seen in a few thread debates

1. The guy asked about Denvers who would return the Punts and Kicks. Fox said Page is the guy for the job. ( probably makes the team)

2. Kuper should be back mid june! ( clears all questions on if he will be there at the start of the season.

3. Del Rio is already making a difference on the D ( I just put this in here because it makes me feel better about our D) Laughing

4.Rahim Moore is a guy they haven't lost faith in and has put on a lot of muscle

Feel free to add things you feel are important

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter how much muscle Rahim Moore puts on if he still tackles like a 13 year old girl in flag football... Not to mention the guy is ridiculously slow for a FS, so putting on muscle might not be a good thing either way.

Always hate to write off a guy after only 1 year, but that guy was a flat out joke all season. The only highlight of his season was when he destroyed the Bills Donald Jones in pre-season. How ironic that we all thought he was going to be some hard hitting FS, only to completely suck at tackling when the games actually counted.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rahim's tackling issues arise from incorrect technique (at least from the missed tackles I saw), not because he shies away from contact.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update Mr MH. Good news about Kuper, hope to see him in action real soon.
I have no idea if Moore will ever be good or not. I think the strike hurt him (probably) as bad as any rookie last year and a full off season may be just what the doctor ordered. I do remember that many "experts" had him ranked as the top safety in the draft last season. Can all the experts be wrong???
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
broncospride95

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Rahim's tackling issues arise from incorrect technique (at least from the missed tackles I saw), not because he shies away from contact.

Agreed. I disagree it was because he shied away from contact. Rahim has ball skills, he just needs to be taught better technique for tackling which he should learn in TC. I really think the lockout affected Rahim a lot. He should be better in his tackling technique and on knowing where to be on the field due to having a TC this year actually. I think Moore will surprise a lot of people this year. We'll see I guess.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor tackling technique sounds like an excuse to me. Granted, I've never sat there and watched for Moore and tried to figure it out. But how did this guy make it through high school, get a scholarship offer from a D1 program and get drafted in the second round of the NFL draft if he can't tackle? Wouldn't that have showed up on his tape for, oh I don't know, his entire career?

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
Poor tackling technique sounds like an excuse to me. Granted, I've never sat there and watched for Moore and tried to figure it out. But how did this guy make it through high school, get a scholarship offer from a D1 program and get drafted in the second round of the NFL draft if he can't tackle? Wouldn't that have showed up on his tape for, oh I don't know, his entire career?

Moore was a poor tackler at UCLA and many posters here pointed it out and many experts had it as his biggest flaw. I don't think he was drafted for his tackling abilities, but rather his ball skills. I believe Elway saw a player that could make plays and create turnovers in the passing game. Even in that regard I think Moore was overrated coming out of UCLA and lived off his big sophomore year where he had something like 8 INT's.

I wasn't a fan of the Moore selection in 2011 and believe I gave it a C grade. He still has potential, more potential than Quinton Carter. Hopefully he can at least improve into a serviceable tackler to the point that he isn't a liability on the field like he was last year and can start showing off some of his skills in coverage. I think Rahim Moore's biggest problem is his pursuit angles. He had some absolutely horrendous angles last year that put him in terrible position to make a play, resulting in some embarrassing missed tackles.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:

Because in high school and college, you can get by simply by being a good athlete. You can not do that in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:

Moore was a poor tackler at UCLA and many posters here pointed it out and many experts had it as his biggest flaw. I don't think he was drafted for his tackling abilities, but rather his ball skills. I believe Elway saw a player that could make plays and create turnovers in the passing game. Even in that regard I think Moore was overrated coming out of UCLA and lived off his big sophomore year where he had something like 8 INT's.

I wasn't a fan of the Moore selection in 2011 and believe I gave it a C grade. He still has potential, more potential than Quinton Carter. Hopefully he can at least improve into a serviceable tackler to the point that he isn't a liability on the field like he was last year and can start showing off some of his skills in coverage. I think Rahim Moore's biggest problem is his pursuit angles. He had some absolutely horrendous angles last year that put him in terrible position to make a play, resulting in some embarrassing missed tackles.

Ball skills are very important...that's just my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: