Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos Paycuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Broncos Paycuts Reply with quote

Gosh if only someone had warned that Ty Warren was a washed-up, often-injured, POS former-Patriot before we signed him, we could have avoided this fiasco in the first place. Thank you, Keith Kidd.

As I see it, Warren has not played a down since he's been here and, if he wants to stay on the team and get paid, we offer him the veteran minimum to stay on and compete for a roster spot in Training Camp. If he refuses, we can cut him and go sign Marcus Thomas (who is both much younger and actually healthy) for less than would cost us to keep this New England castoff.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Broncos Paycuts Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Gosh if only someone had warned that Ty Warren was a washed-up, often-injured, POS former-Patriot before we signed him, we could have avoided this fiasco in the first place. Thank you, Keith Kidd.

As I see it, Warren has not played a down since he's been here and, if he wants to stay on the team and get paid, we offer him the veteran minimum to stay on and compete for a roster spot in Training Camp. If he refuses, we can cut him and go sign Marcus Thomas (who is both much younger and actually healthy) for less than would cost us to keep this New England castoff.

So true!

Besides Thomas, ... Kelly Gregg, Aubrayo Franklin, Rocky Bernard possible minimum wage replacements for Ty Warren? Thomas is the best of the bunch, not only considering that he is younger, but what about Gregg? He's 35 but always has been a high motor run plugger.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing for Ty Warren is if he has guaranteed money on there then he's right not to accept a pay cut, I mean why would he?

If he isn't that probably means we cut him.

In saying that I wonder why we seem to be clearing cap, maybe they want someone like Plaxico Burress, another power RB such as Justin Forsett or Ryan Grant, or maybe yet another CB.
M-High Marauder

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that for us "normal" people it may sound like petty bitching and bickering, but what would any of us say if our boss came to us and asked us to take a 50% pay cut?

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-High Marauder wrote:
I know that for us "normal" people it may sound like petty bitching and bickering, but what would any of us say if our boss came to us and asked us to take a 50% pay cut?

Wel if I didn't do any work for the first year of my job, I probably wouldn't have a boss to answer to. He's already gotten paid for one year of nothing, why should we take a chance on paying him for another year of nothing?

Real world logic doesn't apply to professional sports. If you didn't do an ounce of work last year, you wouldn't have a job to come back to. And if you were in a profession why you are paid by performance, and it started lacking, or completely went away, you should expect a pay decrease or even the loss of the job.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot, I would play DT for $50K....where is the contract and a pen?
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:

You're willing to die for $50,000?

Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Nyko1990 wrote:
We've positioned ourself where even though Warren won't take a paycut there's nothing we can do about him, even though he's such an injury risk. Way too Thin at DT to get rid of him and he knows it.

Exactly he is our only Viable option at NT. If healthy and playing as his old self. We won't complain but chances are slim so should take a pay cut. I think he will just to a reasonable amount. From his side probably his last decent contract from our side Injury prone

I've got to disagree. Why do you think he's our best option at NT? He's not that large at 6-5 and 300 lb's and if I remember right he was a DE at NE, not a NT.

Personally, I'd say if he doesn't take the pay cut release him. The guys missed the last two seasons, he's misplaced as a DT in a 4-3 when he's only been a DE in a 3-4, and he obviously has a very inflated view of his worth.

Who else is the better option at that run stuffing position? Wolfe takes the 3 tech and who else I big enough and skilled enough to play Warrens position? He played DE in a 3-4 but is a run stuffer

Bannan for one. Wolfes played the nose at times in college. Point is, he's 31, coming off of 2 inactive seasons, playing out of position and is asking way too much IMO.

Isn't Franklin still available? There's got to be better cheaper options.

Yeah he is still available but if we signed Thomas again we would be better as far as depth would he play nose? Or is he too small
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Nyko1990 wrote:
We've positioned ourself where even though Warren won't take a paycut there's nothing we can do about him, even though he's such an injury risk. Way too Thin at DT to get rid of him and he knows it.

Exactly he is our only Viable option at NT. If healthy and playing as his old self. We won't complain but chances are slim so should take a pay cut. I think he will just to a reasonable amount. From his side probably his last decent contract from our side Injury prone

I've got to disagree. Why do you think he's our best option at NT? He's not that large at 6-5 and 300 lb's and if I remember right he was a DE at NE, not a NT.

Personally, I'd say if he doesn't take the pay cut release him. The guys missed the last two seasons, he's misplaced as a DT in a 4-3 when he's only been a DE in a 3-4, and he obviously has a very inflated view of his worth.

Who else is the better option at that run stuffing position? Wolfe takes the 3 tech and who else I big enough and skilled enough to play Warrens position? He played DE in a 3-4 but is a run stuffer

Bannan for one. Wolfes played the nose at times in college. Point is, he's 31, coming off of 2 inactive seasons, playing out of position and is asking way too much IMO.

Yeah he is still available but if we signed Thomas again we would be better as far as depth would he play nose? Or is he too small
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Nyko1990 wrote:

Thomas would be fine. Lots cheaper too, younger and no injury issues.
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Nyko1990 wrote:

I read this somewhere Sealver Siliga has impressed since being signed last November. HE ended up on the P.S. It makes no difference. We need someone else to come in and play some downs at nose. Bannan and Siliga are our only real NT types. Bannan can't take a ton of snaps nor do we want him to.

Placing any faith in Warren being an integral part of the rotation is far too risky. I also don't see him at nose. He will most likely rotate in at 3tech if healthy.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Nyko1990 wrote:

I read this somewhere Sealver Siliga has impressed since being signed last November. HE ended up on the P.S. It makes no difference. We need someone else to come in and play some downs at nose. Bannan and Siliga are our only real NT types. Bannan can't take a ton of snaps nor do we want him to.

Placing any faith in Warren being an integral part of the rotation is far too risky. I also don't see him at nose. He will most likely rotate in at 3tech if healthy.

I agree. Lots of options there. I just don't think Warren needs to be one of them.
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if Siliga makes the team than he has some qualities that are worth taking a look at at NT. Size and a RAW run stuffing capability I like him so hopefully Thomas and Siliga will be on the 53 man roster
LockdownChamp

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

HAHA! YOLO. No one wanted to say it and I'm sure no one likes that acronym.
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LockdownChamp wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

HAHA! YOLO. No one wanted to say it and I'm sure no one likes that acronym.

That isn't how that was meant. That was a jokingly dig at JST, who I imagine weighs about 125 pounds. Hence, him playing DT in the NFL would result in death.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: