Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos Paycuts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mr.MileHigh


Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 188
Location: Santa Clara CA
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Denver Broncos Paycuts Reply with quote

It's that time where Broncos FO gets as much rollover money as they can for next offseason that being said. Vickerson took a pay cut for about 1 million. They wanted Ty Warren to take his 4 million and cut it to a 1 to 1.5 million base salary. Of course he said no. What do you guys think about Warren not willing to do it. He used to be an All pro, May still have that potential! But still injury prone and should take a pay cut IMO.

HERES THE LINK:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20613197/kevin-vickerson-accepts-broncos-pay-cut-but-ty-warren
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3959
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cut Ty Warren... He is an injury machine that hasn't even been good since 2008. The fact we paid him $8 million to begin with was a joke. I realize we need all the DT depth that we can use, but we should be able to find someone else to be a mediocre DT and not pay them $4 million.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.MileHigh


Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 188
Location: Santa Clara CA
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at this point we can't cut him. We have no NT. If he can prove he is healthy then I would just cut it in half let him have 2.25 mill. He is the only one with decent size to stuff the gap. We have Seliga a guy from Niners PS who weighs 325 and he is not a capable starter by any means. Yet Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who does Warren think he is? Missed the past two seasons, not even attending the offseason programs so far, even though they are voluntary, i bet he gets injured first day of camp. cut him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elwayfan07


Joined: 13 Nov 2005
Posts: 4997
Location: Pensacola FL
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
Who does Warren think he is? Missed the past two seasons, not even attending the offseason programs so far, even though they are voluntary, i bet he gets injured first day of camp. cut him.


I agree that Warren is no where near worth 4 mil. However, when players outplay their contracts and ask for a raise they are often lambasted. So the same rule applies. A contract is a contract. If I'm Warren, I know I'm not getting another contract so he can get what he can.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3959
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
Who does Warren think he is? Missed the past two seasons, not even attending the offseason programs so far, even though they are voluntary, i bet he gets injured first day of camp. cut him.


I agree that Warren is no where near worth 4 mil. However, when players outplay their contracts and ask for a raise they are often lambasted. So the same rule applies. A contract is a contract. If I'm Warren, I know I'm not getting another contract so he can get what he can.


If he doesn't budge the Broncos will likely cut him and he will have no money lol... He should just be happy he's on an NFL roster right now. He's a broken down DT who thinks he is worth more money than he really is.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elwayfan07


Joined: 13 Nov 2005
Posts: 4997
Location: Pensacola FL
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
Who does Warren think he is? Missed the past two seasons, not even attending the offseason programs so far, even though they are voluntary, i bet he gets injured first day of camp. cut him.


I agree that Warren is no where near worth 4 mil. However, when players outplay their contracts and ask for a raise they are often lambasted. So the same rule applies. A contract is a contract. If I'm Warren, I know I'm not getting another contract so he can get what he can.


If he doesn't budge the Broncos will likely cut him and he will have no money lol... He should just be happy he's on an NFL roster right now. He's a broken down DT who thinks he is worth more money than he really is.


I agree. However, I think his contract was fully guaranteed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5230
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
Who does Warren think he is? Missed the past two seasons, not even attending the offseason programs so far, even though they are voluntary, i bet he gets injured first day of camp. cut him.


I agree that Warren is no where near worth 4 mil. However, when players outplay their contracts and ask for a raise they are often lambasted. So the same rule applies. A contract is a contract. If I'm Warren, I know I'm not getting another contract so he can get what he can.


If he doesn't budge the Broncos will likely cut him and he will have no money lol... He should just be happy he's on an NFL roster right now. He's a broken down DT who thinks he is worth more money than he really is.


I agree. However, I think his contract was fully guaranteed.


That doesn't sound right. I don't think I've ever heard of a fully guaranteed multi-year contract. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll bet they can cut him with little financial impact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3959
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
Who does Warren think he is? Missed the past two seasons, not even attending the offseason programs so far, even though they are voluntary, i bet he gets injured first day of camp. cut him.


I agree that Warren is no where near worth 4 mil. However, when players outplay their contracts and ask for a raise they are often lambasted. So the same rule applies. A contract is a contract. If I'm Warren, I know I'm not getting another contract so he can get what he can.


If he doesn't budge the Broncos will likely cut him and he will have no money lol... He should just be happy he's on an NFL roster right now. He's a broken down DT who thinks he is worth more money than he really is.


I agree. However, I think his contract was fully guaranteed.


http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2011/8/2/2340814/ty-warren-contract-denver-broncos-patriots

Quote:
The Denver Broncos picked up free agent defensive tackle Ty Warren on Tuesday night. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the deal is two years and worth $10 million. Warren will receive $2.5 million in guaranteed money.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncospride95


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 2352
Location: Chicago to Boulder
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
Who does Warren think he is? Missed the past two seasons, not even attending the offseason programs so far, even though they are voluntary, i bet he gets injured first day of camp. cut him.


I agree that Warren is no where near worth 4 mil. However, when players outplay their contracts and ask for a raise they are often lambasted. So the same rule applies. A contract is a contract. If I'm Warren, I know I'm not getting another contract so he can get what he can.


If he doesn't budge the Broncos will likely cut him and he will have no money lol... He should just be happy he's on an NFL roster right now. He's a broken down DT who thinks he is worth more money than he really is.


I agree. However, I think his contract was fully guaranteed.


http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2011/8/2/2340814/ty-warren-contract-denver-broncos-patriots

Quote:
The Denver Broncos picked up free agent defensive tackle Ty Warren on Tuesday night. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the deal is two years and worth $10 million. Warren will receive $2.5 million in guaranteed money.

IIRC wasn't the 2.5 million guaranteed for the first year only?
_________________

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nyko1990


Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 743
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've positioned ourself where even though Warren won't take a paycut there's nothing we can do about him, even though he's such an injury risk. Way too Thin at DT to get rid of him and he knows it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.MileHigh


Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 188
Location: Santa Clara CA
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyko1990 wrote:
We've positioned ourself where even though Warren won't take a paycut there's nothing we can do about him, even though he's such an injury risk. Way too Thin at DT to get rid of him and he knows it.


Exactly he is our only Viable option at NT. If healthy and playing as his old self. We won't complain but chances are slim so should take a pay cut. I think he will just to a reasonable amount. From his side probably his last decent contract from our side Injury prone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5230
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Nyko1990 wrote:
We've positioned ourself where even though Warren won't take a paycut there's nothing we can do about him, even though he's such an injury risk. Way too Thin at DT to get rid of him and he knows it.


Exactly he is our only Viable option at NT. If healthy and playing as his old self. We won't complain but chances are slim so should take a pay cut. I think he will just to a reasonable amount. From his side probably his last decent contract from our side Injury prone


I've got to disagree. Why do you think he's our best option at NT? He's not that large at 6-5 and 300 lb's and if I remember right he was a DE at NE, not a NT.

Personally, I'd say if he doesn't take the pay cut release him. The guys missed the last two seasons, he's misplaced as a DT in a 4-3 when he's only been a DE in a 3-4, and he obviously has a very inflated view of his worth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.MileHigh


Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 188
Location: Santa Clara CA
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Nyko1990 wrote:
We've positioned ourself where even though Warren won't take a paycut there's nothing we can do about him, even though he's such an injury risk. Way too Thin at DT to get rid of him and he knows it.


Exactly he is our only Viable option at NT. If healthy and playing as his old self. We won't complain but chances are slim so should take a pay cut. I think he will just to a reasonable amount. From his side probably his last decent contract from our side Injury prone


I've got to disagree. Why do you think he's our best option at NT? He's not that large at 6-5 and 300 lb's and if I remember right he was a DE at NE, not a NT.

Personally, I'd say if he doesn't take the pay cut release him. The guys missed the last two seasons, he's misplaced as a DT in a 4-3 when he's only been a DE in a 3-4, and he obviously has a very inflated view of his worth.


Who else is the better option at that run stuffing position? Wolfe takes the 3 tech and who else I big enough and skilled enough to play Warrens position? He played DE in a 3-4 but is a run stuffer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5230
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Nyko1990 wrote:
We've positioned ourself where even though Warren won't take a paycut there's nothing we can do about him, even though he's such an injury risk. Way too Thin at DT to get rid of him and he knows it.


Exactly he is our only Viable option at NT. If healthy and playing as his old self. We won't complain but chances are slim so should take a pay cut. I think he will just to a reasonable amount. From his side probably his last decent contract from our side Injury prone


I've got to disagree. Why do you think he's our best option at NT? He's not that large at 6-5 and 300 lb's and if I remember right he was a DE at NE, not a NT.

Personally, I'd say if he doesn't take the pay cut release him. The guys missed the last two seasons, he's misplaced as a DT in a 4-3 when he's only been a DE in a 3-4, and he obviously has a very inflated view of his worth.


Who else is the better option at that run stuffing position? Wolfe takes the 3 tech and who else I big enough and skilled enough to play Warrens position? He played DE in a 3-4 but is a run stuffer


Bannan for one. Wolfes played the nose at times in college. Point is, he's 31, coming off of 2 inactive seasons, playing out of position and is asking way too much IMO.

Isn't Franklin still available? There's got to be better cheaper options.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group