Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our wide reciever situation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Our wide reciever situation Reply with quote

With the uncertainties of Blackmon, we will need to draft a big wide receiver next year to replace him or at the very least to compliment him, which we needed anyway. Shorts, Brown, Ace, and Lewis are a good core but Shorts is not a number 1 option guy and Lewis can only run routes wide. So I've been looking at some big WR we could possibly find a steal in the third or fourth rounds. I've found names like Cody Hoffman, Donte Moncrief, and L`damian Washington. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather give an incentive laden deal to a Veteran i.e. Maclin, Crabtree. If we do draft someone, and you want them to have "size" you're going to have to take him early, and I don't want to use an early pick on a wide out.

.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
I'd rather give an incentive laden deal to a Veteran i.e. Maclin, Crabtree. If we do draft someone, and you want them to have "size" you're going to have to take him early, and I don't want to use an early pick on a wide out.

Those guys he just mentioned aren't suppose to go early. Lot of solid WR prospects with good size in this draft.

Richardson, Abberderis, Coleman, Mike Davis, Moncrief, Kasen Williams, Devin Street, Davante Parker, L'damian Washington, Cody Hoffman are all very solid options that look to be going 3rd or later with good size.

#BortlesKombat
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the receiver needs size and speed to blow the top off the defense. I don't see them drafting a wide out until maybe the 5th round if at all.
corry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
corry wrote:

Those guys he just mentioned aren't suppose to go early. Lot of solid WR prospects with good size in this draft.

Richardson, Abberderis, Coleman, Mike Davis, Moncrief, Kasen Williams, Devin Street, Davante Parker, L'damian Washington, Cody Hoffman are all very solid options that look to be going 3rd or later with good size.

Do you think any of those mentioned can replace Blackmon? I don't.

.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
corry wrote:

Well obviously not, lol. Blackmon is an elite talent, there isn't too many guys that can replace him. Those guys would certainly help whatever QB we bring in though as big targets to go with Shorts/Ace/Marcedes though.

#BortlesKombat
corry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
corry wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
corry wrote:

Well obviously not, lol. Blackmon is an elite talent, there isn't too many guys that can replace him. Those guys would certainly help whatever QB we bring in though as big targets to go with Shorts/Ace/Marcedes though.

The OP stated we needed to find a WR to replace Blackmon, thus the need to use a high draft pick. I think we are talking in circles. Laughing

.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
corry wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
corry wrote:

The OP stated we needed to find a WR to replace Blackmon, thus the need to use a high draft pick. I think we are talking in circles. Laughing

Ehh, I don't think he means replacing him as in getting someone just as good as him. More so just finding someone that can come in and be solid if Blackmon doesn't return. Like I said, Blackmon has elite talent, there isn't very many of those in this league. Whenever a team loses an elite talent there isn't really anyway to replace that guy in regards to replacing what he did, more so just stepping in since he's gone.

We don't know what will happen with Blackmon though, but adding a 6'2-6'4 WR would be great regardless if Blackmon came back or not. I wouldn't mind spending one of our 4th round picks on one...or at the very least one of our 3 5th's.

#BortlesKombat
Vino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really interested in L'damian Washington. Runs a 4.39 at 6'4''. If he gets better at his routes and puts on a little weight he'd be unstoppable in the open field. Reminds me of Josh Gordon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want allen robinson or davante adams, hopefully one falls by our 2nd rd pick
corry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Wayne wrote:

I'd bet both will be there

Bruce Wayne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
Bruce Wayne wrote:

I'd bet both will be there

I'll take that bet
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think WR is as bad as people think. the guys we had did pretty well this year given the situation, injuries and stupidity are our biggest problem there. I'd like to see us use a pick on a mid-rounder and a decent FA WR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying it's bad, but it's a situation we should address especially if we draft a QB. We can't have a bunch of manlets (by football standards) the entire season and no real big, deep threat. If we get Blackmon back then it will just be a luxury.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
I'm not saying it's bad, but it's a situation we should address especially if we draft a QB. We can't have a bunch of manlets (by football standards) the entire season and no real big, deep threat. If we get Blackmon back then it will just be a luxury.

i think fixing the interior OL/finding a new RB is more important than the WRs right now especially if we draft a QB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: