Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Draft Thread (Yeah I done it)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 22490
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Buff wrote:
Looks like realistically we will pick Dion Jordan. Although I wouldn't mind if we picked Geno, it looks like we can't go wrong with Dion.

Except for the fact that Dion is perhaps the riskiest pick in the draft.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DjBuddaH


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 7986
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Two mocks assuming Fisher is the #2 pick

1.2: Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

Option A
2.1: Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
3.2: Michael Buchanan DE/LEO
4.1: Sanders Commings CB Georgia
5.2: Zeke Motta SS Notre Dame
6.1: Micah Hyde CB Iowa
7.2: John Lotulelei OLB UNLV


Option B
2.1:Tank Carradine DE/LEO FSU
3.2:JJ Wilcox SS Georgia Southern
4.1:Zavier Gooden OLB Missouri
5.2:Tharold Simon CB LSU
6.1:Ryan Otten TE San Jose State
7.2:Latavius Murray RB UCF


Apparently Carradine just ran for a few teams yesterday. Of the 10-12 teams there....the Jags were not one of them. Don't know if we're looking at him. The injury may be a deterent.

And Nassib isn't an upgrade over Gabbert.
_________________

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont


Last edited by DjBuddaH on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3672
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Two mocks assuming Fisher is the #2 pick

1.2: Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

Option A
2.1: Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
3.2: Michael Buchanan DE/LEO
4.1: Sanders Commings CB Georgia
5.2: Zeke Motta SS Notre Dame
6.1: Micah Hyde CB Iowa
7.2: John Lotulelei OLB UNLV


Option B
2.1:Tank Carradine DE/LEO FSU
3.2:JJ Wilcox SS Georgia Southern
4.1:Zavier Gooden OLB Missouri
5.2:Tharold Simon CB LSU
6.1:Ryan Otten TE San Jose State
7.2:Latavius Murray RB UCF


Really lukewarm at best on both of those tbh. Aside from the OT at #2 issue, there are a few guys i don't like much at those spots in each.

Gun to my head, i go with B solely for the purpose of getting Carradine in the 2nd round. Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46866
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Two mocks assuming Fisher is the #2 pick

1.2: Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

Option A
2.1: Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
3.2: Michael Buchanan DE/LEO
4.1: Sanders Commings CB Georgia
5.2: Zeke Motta SS Notre Dame
6.1: Micah Hyde CB Iowa
7.2: John Lotulelei OLB UNLV


Option B
2.1:Tank Carradine DE/LEO FSU
3.2:JJ Wilcox SS Georgia Southern
4.1:Zavier Gooden OLB Missouri
5.2:Tharold Simon CB LSU
6.1:Ryan Otten TE San Jose State
7.2:Latavius Murray RB UCF


Apparently Carradine just ran for a few teams yesterday. Of the 10-12 teams there....the Jags were not one of them. Don't know if we're looking at him. The injury may be a deterent.

And Nassib isn't an upgrade over Gabbert.
Everything I've seen lately suggests that Carradine pushed himself into the first round with that performance.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley


Last edited by iPwn on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3672
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Two mocks assuming Fisher is the #2 pick

1.2: Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

Option A
2.1: Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
3.2: Michael Buchanan DE/LEO
4.1: Sanders Commings CB Georgia
5.2: Zeke Motta SS Notre Dame
6.1: Micah Hyde CB Iowa
7.2: John Lotulelei OLB UNLV


Option B
2.1:Tank Carradine DE/LEO FSU
3.2:JJ Wilcox SS Georgia Southern
4.1:Zavier Gooden OLB Missouri
5.2:Tharold Simon CB LSU
6.1:Ryan Otten TE San Jose State
7.2:Latavius Murray RB UCF


Apparently Carradine just ran for a few teams yesterday. Of the 10-12 teams there....the Jags were not one of them. Don't know if we're looking at him. The injury may be a deterent.

And Nassib isn't an upgrade over Gabbert.
Everything I've seen lately suggests that Carradine pushed himself into the first round with that performance.


Yeah. Carradine's stock has been just shooting up lately it seems. Hard to see him falling out of the 1st round at this point, as long as teams are thinking that injury isn't going to be a concern.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conrad Buff


Joined: 20 Mar 2011
Posts: 692
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Looks like realistically we will pick Dion Jordan. Although I wouldn't mind if we picked Geno, it looks like we can't go wrong with Dion.

Except for the fact that Dion is perhaps the riskiest pick in the draft.


How so?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 22490
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Buff wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Looks like realistically we will pick Dion Jordan. Although I wouldn't mind if we picked Geno, it looks like we can't go wrong with Dion.

Except for the fact that Dion is perhaps the riskiest pick in the draft.


How so?

He's going to be picked top 5 because he's big. He has little college production, no moves, nothin. It's all untapped potential.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Looks like realistically we will pick Dion Jordan. Although I wouldn't mind if we picked Geno, it looks like we can't go wrong with Dion.

Except for the fact that Dion is perhaps the riskiest pick in the draft.


How so?

He's going to be picked top 5 because he's big. He has little college production, no moves, nothin. It's all untapped potential.
By little college production, you neglect to consider he switched positions in college and was very often asked to cover WRs and TEs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3672
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Looks like realistically we will pick Dion Jordan. Although I wouldn't mind if we picked Geno, it looks like we can't go wrong with Dion.

Except for the fact that Dion is perhaps the riskiest pick in the draft.


How so?

He's going to be picked top 5 because he's big. He has little college production, no moves, nothin. It's all untapped potential.


I don't think he's the 'riskiest in the draft', but yeah...there's substantial risk-factor with Jordan. He's not exactly a 'can't miss prospect'.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 22490
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Looks like realistically we will pick Dion Jordan. Although I wouldn't mind if we picked Geno, it looks like we can't go wrong with Dion.

Except for the fact that Dion is perhaps the riskiest pick in the draft.


How so?

He's going to be picked top 5 because he's big. He has little college production, no moves, nothin. It's all untapped potential.


I don't think he's the 'riskiest in the draft', but yeah...there's substantial risk-factor with Jordan. He's not exactly a 'can't miss prospect'.

I suppose Jones is more risky for obvious reasons, but Jordan is definitely up there considering how high he's going to go.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3672
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Looks like realistically we will pick Dion Jordan. Although I wouldn't mind if we picked Geno, it looks like we can't go wrong with Dion.

Except for the fact that Dion is perhaps the riskiest pick in the draft.


How so?

He's going to be picked top 5 because he's big. He has little college production, no moves, nothin. It's all untapped potential.


I don't think he's the 'riskiest in the draft', but yeah...there's substantial risk-factor with Jordan. He's not exactly a 'can't miss prospect'.

I suppose Jones is more risky for obvious reasons, but Jordan is definitely up there considering how high he's going to go.


Ansah is a lot riskier as well imo. Jordan at least has some football track record to look at, and skills developed (even if some of them aren't particularly applicable as a pass rusher).

But they're all risks, as is Geno. Just depends where you draw the line i guess.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46866
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At worst, Jordan will be a strong coverage linebacker.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35715
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At worst he is a better Manny Lawson.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35715
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF, ipwn, and myself completed #MockSix, GM'ing the Jaguars...here were the results.

1.2 Dion Jordan, DE/OLB Oregon
2.1 Johnthan Banks, CB Mississippi State
3.12 Khaseem Greene, OLB Rutgers
4.1 Zac Dysert, QB Miami (OH)
5.2 Reid Fragel, OT Ohio State
5.24 Mike Gillislee, RB Florida
6.1 Cooper Taylor, SS/LB Richmond
6.12 Denard Robinson, ATH Michigan
7.2 Cory Grissom, DT South Florida

** We traded 3.2 to San Francisco for 3.12, 5.24, and 6.12

http://www.mockone.net/MockDraft/MockDraft.php/mocksite/teamPage/11
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6932
Location: 904
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's gonna be jordan or fisher boys tell me either of these guys will be good. dion what the hell did he do in college eric well he went to a school gene smith would be proud of

what to do what to do
_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 39 of 41

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group