Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills sign former Eagles, Titans QB Vince Young
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Bills sign former Eagles, Titans QB Vince Young Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, true that Vince Young signing 1 year deal w #Bills today. $2 mill w another $1mil in playtime bonuses, per league sources. # NFL32

http://twitter.com/mortreport/statuses/200991928991494146

Young joined the Eagles under a 1-year deal after spending the past 5 seasons with the Titans as a part time starter.

In 6 games and 3 starts, Young passed for 4 TDs and 9 INTs last season, while going 1-2 as a starter for the Eagles.

Tom Brady Tribute
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way i look at it, he's better than Thigpen.

Interesting that we have the #1 and #3 overall picks from the 2006 draft on our team.

NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
The way i look at it, he's better than Thigpen.

Interesting that we have the #1 and #3 overall picks from the 2006 draft on our team.

I totally agree. I think with a 1 year deal its worth the risk and to have a guy like him that can step in and win some games if anything happens to Fitz. I am surprised it cost 2 mil though with really no other teams all that interested in him from what I understand.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Tk3

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally worth it..

At worst he is better than Thigpen..

Price is reasonable too..

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, it is hilarious how much hate the thought got when it was brought up a few weeks ago (or was is just last week?)

Now people will be all about it..

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It's a little ridiculous how much negative attention possibly signing Young got last week. Getting him is solely to upgrade/add competition to the backup spot. For the reasons I stated on the main board, I'm excited to give him a chance. He's worth signing alone since he's better than Thigpen and he's likely very cheap.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys knew this was about to be posted. We are the Dream Team!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope his leash is 2 inches long, we have a good thing going this season, don't need his head case BS
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was negative on the thought of signing him, and I'm negative on the signing. I don't like it. I just don't see how he upgrades our team at all. How do we know he's better than Thigpen? We know Thigpen can be productive in a Gailey system. We don't know that about Young. What we do know about Young is that he's a headcase and he's way to immature to be in the NFL. People are so down on guys like Burfict and Paige-Moss for their behavior, why not Young? Young got his feelings hurt, stormed off the field, threw his pads into the stands, had a fight with the HC in the locker room, then later texted an apology to Fisher. Really? And this was after his other issues (contemplating retirement after getting booed, not wanting to be put into a game).

And if he's so good, why does no one want him? Tennessee got wise and let him go. Philly didn't have any plans to resign him. Everywhere he's gone, he's been let go.

I may be in the minority, but I just see no positives in bringing a guy like Young in.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
I was negative on the thought of signing him, and I'm negative on the signing. I don't like it. I just don't see how he upgrades our team at all. How do we know he's better than Thigpen? We know Thigpen can be productive in a Gailey system. We don't know that about Young. What we do know about Young is that he's a headcase and he's way to immature to be in the NFL. People are so down on guys like Burfict and Paige-Moss for their behavior, why not Young? Young got his feelings hurt, stormed off the field, threw his pads into the stands, had a fight with the HC in the locker room, then later texted an apology to Fisher. Really? And this was after his other issues (contemplating retirement after getting booed, not wanting to be put into a game).

And if he's so good, why does no one want him? Tennessee got wise and let him go. Philly didn't have any plans to resign him. Everywhere he's gone, he's been let go.

I may be in the minority, but I just see no positives in bringing a guy like Young in.

Ideally, I'd like every player to want not only playing time, but to start. I want competitive people like that, not only on a football field, but in many other areas of life. I don't know if he has gotten help dealing with his past problems. He may actually no longer be that immature kid. Who knows?

I have friends who have dealt with depression in the past and they certainly wanted to "remain on the sidelines" for a while before they got back into actually living again. Maybe Young was dealing with some sort of depression? I don't harbor any ill will towards Young, but I personally wouldn't have taken the risk in bringing him aboard. I'd like to believe Nix & company have access to better & more current info on him than the rest of us do though. Ultimately, I just hope that Young has finally gotten to the point where fearing to play is no longer an option and that he has learned to deal with life's ups & downs for his own well being.

Wow. Just re-read that paragraph. I think I'll go hug a tree now! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Also, it is hilarious how much hate the thought got when it was brought up a few weeks ago (or was is just last week?)

I won't be one of them. I stand by everything that I said and here it is...
OffseasonChamps wrote:
Sometimes I just don't get it.

Vince Young is lazy, immature, stupid, and has awful throwing mechanics. Mark Brunell is a better option as a back up at age 43. Brunell would cost the vet minimum. Sign him. If being a "talented kid" who was picked in the first round is the selling point, Kyle Boller is still available. Kyle Boller also won't disappear, threatening to kill himself, after being booed.

Any games "Vince Young won" should be credited to those Titans defenses and running backs.

Heck, what's Jeff George doing these days?

If I had to bet on how this plays out, I say that VY struggles to learn the playbook, plays poorly and is part of the second round of cuts. I think Thigpen, as poor of an opinion as I have of him, will win the competition.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Ideally, I'd like every player to want not only playing time, but to start. I want competitive people like that, not only on a football field, but in many other areas of life. I don't know if he has gotten help dealing with his past problems. He may actually no longer be that immature kid. Who knows?

I have friends who have dealt with depression in the past and they certainly wanted to "remain on the sidelines" for a while before they got back into actually living again. Maybe Young was dealing with some sort of depression? I don't harbor any ill will towards Young, but I personally wouldn't have taken the risk in bringing him aboard. I'd like to believe Nix & company have access to better & more current info on him than the rest of us do though. Ultimately, I just hope that Young has finally gotten to the point where fearing to play is no longer an option and that he has learned to deal with life's ups & downs for his own well being.

Wow. Just re-read that paragraph. I think I'll go hug a tree now! Laughing

I understand everyone is a litt skeptical about his actions in the past, but I would also like to bring up that he didnt have any issues last year in Philly. I know he didnt play all that well, but he clearly has some talent when his head is on right. Like you said maybe this will bring him full circle on that this could be his last chance to make it in the league and his chances are running out. Personally from what I saw from Thigpen in preseason and in mob up time he didnt look good what so ever. I have no problem taking a chance on a guy for 1 year, and if he is a headache I dont think they front office would have any problem letting him go. I would just say to everyone lets give the guy a chance before we get to crazy about a backup QB.

CB Drayton Florence
Tk3

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
We know Thigpen can be productive in a Gailey system.

Which bit of evidence are you sighting of that?

Is it his 76.0 QB rating (27th in the league) or was it his 1-10 record?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much of his contract is actually guaranteed, I believe it said 2 mil with a possible 1 mil in incentives, but if it is all base salary, we could ties with him whenever this year, and owe him nothing, which would make the signing a lot more team friendly. And according to one of the websites I use, all $2 mil is base.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OffseasonChamps wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

I won't be one of them. I stand by everything that I said and here it is...
OffseasonChamps wrote:
Sometimes I just don't get it.

Vince Young is lazy, immature, stupid, and has awful throwing mechanics. Mark Brunell is a better option as a back up at age 43. Brunell would cost the vet minimum. Sign him. If being a "talented kid" who was picked in the first round is the selling point, Kyle Boller is still available. Kyle Boller also won't disappear, threatening to kill himself, after being booed.

Any games "Vince Young won" should be credited to those Titans defenses and running backs.

Heck, what's Jeff George doing these days?

If I had to bet on how this plays out, I say that VY struggles to learn the playbook, plays poorly and is part of the second round of cuts. I think Thigpen, as poor of an opinion as I have of him, will win the competition.

Now I dont disagree with you that there were some better options for backups out there in the Free Agent market, but Mark Brunnel and Jeff George. Lets be real here. Brunnel was only in the league because he was broke. If we were going to reach for a 40 yr old QB it would be Jeff Garcia in my opinion.

CB Drayton Florence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: