Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Atlanta Falcons Training Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman70 wrote:
I read the article and it mentioned Ewing battling Cox for the starting FB job. Does anyone think there's a possibility that the Falcons will carry two FB's into opening day? Or is Cox there just to keep Ewing sharp during training camp? I don't remember the Falcons ever keeping two FB's in the past and I would seriously disagree with them doing it now.

If Snelling is hurt I suppose it could happen, with Smith or A.N.Other speed back as the third running back.

But otherwise it's just making sure the rookie has to beat someone out I'd imagine.
adam9

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
birdman70 wrote:
I read the article and it mentioned Ewing battling Cox for the starting FB job. Does anyone think there's a possibility that the Falcons will carry two FB's into opening day? Or is Cox there just to keep Ewing sharp during training camp? I don't remember the Falcons ever keeping two FB's in the past and I would seriously disagree with them doing it now.

If Snelling is hurt I suppose it could happen, with Smith or A.N.Other speed back as the third running back.

But otherwise it's just making sure the rookie has to beat someone out I'd imagine.

Agreed, we should only need 1 and Snelling for sure.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Massaquoi slimmed down to 260 lbs. He played last season from 270-280 and the season before at 255-260. When he weighed more his production went from double digit sacks to 6 (or 6.5 I forgot)..

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7612/jonathan-massaquoi

Quote:
Falcons fifth-round pick DE Jonathan Massaquoi reported to rookie minicamp at 260 pounds.

Massaquoi has dropped 15 pounds since the Combine in an effort to get back to his junior year playing weight, when he posted a career best 13.5 sacks. "We felt looking at him, he looked to be heavier as a senior," coach Mike Smith said. "He played a little lighter as a junior when he had more production. His weight is down and he looks a lot leaner than he did in the season."

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massaquoi a possible replacement for Abraham?

Really think he's going to be a good one for you guys.

^^^Deadpulse
adam9

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Oh yeah. We have a few young guys that will fight for the spot to replace Abe (whenever that may be, maybe 2 years or so). Massaquoi is probably the favorite, but we also have 3 other young guys that could vie for the spot. Although the 2 I see really being front runners would be Massaquoi and Cliff Matthews that we drafted last season. We also have Lawrence Sidbury who is pretty good himself and Kroy Biermann who I think is a rotational guy at best...

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Oh and I know why you like him...

Blast from the past? Let's hope so Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping the Cowboys would scoop him up for that very reason Laughing

^^^Deadpulse
adam9

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I was hoping the Cowboys would scoop him up for that very reason Laughing

Yeah it's weird to think how many good pass rushers have come out of Troy...

Hopefully he can live it to his predecessors (Ware and Osi).

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konz is bringing back the dirty bird...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/peter-konz-is-bringing-1436053.html

adam9

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Konz is bringing back the dirty bird...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/peter-konz-is-bringing-1436053.html

Laughing
I like the guy's attitude coming in, but that wasn't very good.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Jonathan Massaquoi slimmed down to 260 lbs. He played last season from 270-280 and the season before at 255-260. When he weighed more his production went from double digit sacks to 6 (or 6.5 I forgot)..

Quote:
Falcons fifth-round pick DE Jonathan Massaquoi reported to rookie minicamp at 260 pounds.

Massaquoi has dropped 15 pounds since the Combine in an effort to get back to his junior year playing weight, when he posted a career best 13.5 sacks. "We felt looking at him, he looked to be heavier as a senior," coach Mike Smith said. "He played a little lighter as a junior when he had more production. His weight is down and he looks a lot leaner than he did in the season."

if he is down 15-20 from the combine that means he is 245-250 now.,

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
adam9

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Quote:

Naw messed up then. It says he's down about 15 from what he played last year at, didn't know he slimmed up for the combine, but he has slimmed down about 5 lbs from the combine. He is at 259 right now according to the 10 or so articles I read...

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Quote:

Naw messed up then. It says he's down about 15 from what he played last year at, didn't know he slimmed up for the combine, but he has slimmed down about 5 lbs from the combine. He is at 259 right now according to the 10 or so articles I read...

yeah, to my knowledge he played at 255-260 in his sophomore year. so that's why it wouldn't make sense for him ot be lighter than that.

adam9

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Quote:

yeah, to my knowledge he played at 255-260 in his sophomore year. so that's why it wouldn't make sense for him ot be lighter than that.

Yeah I've heard it too. Apparently a lot of teams didn't take him for lack of production last year and thought it had a lot to do with his weight.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Yeah I've heard it too. Apparently a lot of teams didn't take him for lack of production last year and thought it had a lot to do with his weight.

I wouldn't be shocked. If that's the reason for the lack of production, than I'll take it because Smith and Nolan want players at their most optimal weight, as opposed to forcing players to be bigger or smaller. It's part of why Babineaux, Peters, and Jerry are all in that 295-300 range.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: