Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DaQuan Bowers suffered a torn Achilles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the severity of the injury. I'm sure the Bucs organization will get the finest doctors' opinions on whether Bowers will be ready to go. I wouldn't be suprised to see him be used as a situational pass rusher later in the year.
mfw096

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep him on the pup list and have him miss at least 6 games because of that. I really hope they don't rush him back either.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's good to keep it an option. If we're looking at a chance at the playoffs and need the help at DE, bring him in if he's cleared by everyone. He has to make it through his doctor and the team doctors, so it's not like he won't be healthy in time.

Otherwise I agree, just let him rest. If we're doing poorly by the time he can come back, just let him rest.
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong thread.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was at camp I overheard Dominik talking to someone about Bowers. Honestly, from what it sounded like at camp, Dominik plans to have him back by midseason/early November. Of course he cant say that to the media thought cuz if it doesnt happen then it looks bad on him and puts unnecessary pressure on Bowers, so instead he leaves it up in the air. I expect Bowers to come back mid - late season and get a sack to two, but not be 100% due to just coming off the injury.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
but not be 100% due to just coming off the injury.

That's why I don't want him back this season. Let him heal. Let him get to 100%. I don't want him to be done with his career yet. An Achilles injury is serious business. Take your time, come back as close to 100% as you can, and try to retain as much explosion as you can. There's no need to risk his career. Especially when the playoffs seem out of reach this year. The only difference between 8-8 and 4-12 is draft position.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
When I was at camp I overheard Dominik talking to someone about Bowers. Honestly, from what it sounded like at camp, Dominik plans to have him back by midseason/early November. Of course he cant say that to the media thought cuz if it doesnt happen then it looks bad on him and puts unnecessary pressure on Bowers, so instead he leaves it up in the air. I expect Bowers to come back mid - late season and get a sack to two, but not be 100% due to just coming off the injury.

Achilles are tough injuries to come back from. Shawn Merriman wasnt the same after he suffered his.

I read the time table for an NFL Football player to come back from an Achillies Tear is 12-18 months recovery to get back to full strength and feel comfortable. It's good hes jogging and ahead of schedule, but I don't know if he'll be 100% in football shape. I'd keep him on the PUP, activate him and see by November. If they don't feel comfortable, shut him down. Dont want to ruin the young man's career.

If we need a DE, go to Philly. Graham/Tapp should be avaiable. They're stacked. Also, we got a few extra draft picks to trade, Why not?
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6463/daquan-bowers

Quote:
Bucs DE Da'Quan Bowers (PUP, Achilles) says he's four weeks away from being ready to play.

Shocked

I sure hope he doesn't rush back to soon. If there is a time when we need him it is now but he shouldn't chance making it worse long term just to come back early.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
Bucs DE Da'Quan Bowers (PUP, Achilles) says he's four weeks away from being ready to play.

Shocked

I sure hope he doesn't rush back to soon. If there is a time when we need him it is now but he shouldn't chance making it worse long term just to come back early.

If he comes back too soon and reinjures himself I'll lose it!
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Shocked

He really shouldn't rush it. He should take his time and maybe, at the earliest, come back in December. The guy has so much talent, he doesn't need to ruin it by re-injuring himself.

And isn't Andre Carter still on the market? Why is Dominik not on the phone with his agent?

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More pass rush reps for Dekoda Watson this year. This is what the AC injury means. I expect Watson to rush from the RDE spot on obvious passing situations and keep MB on the left side where he is most comfortable at. Next month start Bowers at RDE but have him split 3 ways between himself Teo dude, and Watson.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=12&ved=0CCQQtwIwATgK&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGBbvqk3fT-g&ei=ayNiUIfeJ46Q8wSU8ID4BA&usg=AFQjCNE4INSJN--GIk6-XF4L1vrye5w4Vg
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/431973-philadelphia-eagles-taaayo-daniel-teo-nesheim-looks-fierce-so-far

I'm willing to give this kid a chance. Like what I've been reading and watching. Plus neisheim played DT against Dalllas Sunday spelling Roy miller.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Shocked

Yeah, especially if we have a losing record at the time, with injuries to joseph and clayborn now, josh freeman still not getting it, it's not looking like our year, so why rush him back and put his long term health in jeopardy for a non playoff contention year... and if we have a winning record, and that's a big if, then we're fine without him, so either way
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did this Roy Miller guy come from btw??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: