Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DaQuan Bowers suffered a torn Achilles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2165
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Reese wants a 1st for osi

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828d6ef2/article/osi-umenyiora-replacing-terrell-suggs-an-unlikely-trade-

osi is a no go
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
manilathrilla1


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 1112
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bad break for the D-Line over the last few years.

Bennett has always been solid for this team, LDE will probably be our Achilles heal with Bowers out, Bowers could really go on a tear at times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RB4TampaBay


Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Posts: 362
Location: Seminole, FL
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel as bad as anyone does that Bowers is out, probably for the entire season. But, all is not lost. We still have the following DE's that were on the team last year:

Adrian Clayborn
Daniel Te'o-Nesheim
Michael Bennett
George Johnson
E.J. Wilson

Both Johnson and Wilson finished the season on IR, but I would expect them to both be healthy by now.

We also signed Hilee Taylor, DE as a FA this year.

We have recently signed Quinton Anderson DE to a rookie contract.

That is 7 players that can play the DE position that are already under contract, so why all of this talk about trading away draft picks to pick up a DE? If these guys are no good, then why did the Bucs sign them in the first place? Certainly not just because we thought that they looked good in a uniform. Wink

Besides, every team will lose players to injury, whether it is before or during training camp, it happens. Mark will be scanning the boards to see if there is a FA out there that could be brought in, and he'll be checking every day to see if someone gets released that should be offered a contract here.

Not to worry, no need to panic. Things will fall into place, just sit back and watch them all handle this situation as we proceed ahead toward the start of training camp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8187
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
Cannot remember the last time a left end cost a team a superbowl...


Really... you aren't choked about this. Bowers was a top 5 pick before his knee issue came up before the draft. I think it is safe to say most were expecting big things from Bowers this year, look what happens to our defense when McCoy has gone down the last few seasons... everything seems to collapse. I know McCoy's position is more front and center but to lose a young starting dlinemen that has elite potential at his position is huge.

I hope Bennett steps up his game a little more this year, he showed flashes last year but seems more of a rotational player like some have said. Hopefully this motivates him even more knowing he has the green light all season to show what he can do.

I was so looking forward to the damage that our dline was going to do, grow together being so young and all. Along with Bennett stepping up I hope McCoy, Clayborn, Price, and the rest of the crew take their games to the next level this year.

On the bright side (kind of) at least Bowers can turn and talk to another young teamate in McCoy and look for some help in how to handle what he is about to go through.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 8981
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel horrible for Bowers. So much promise Sad

George Johnson has a big opportunity this year. He was dominant during the preseason, but he had his season cut short with a knee injury. If he's healthy I think that he can soften the blow. Bennett/Johnson should be serviceable, but I think that we'll need to address DE early in next year's draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5348
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
I feel horrible for Bowers. So much promise Sad

George Johnson has a big opportunity this year. He was dominant during the preseason, but he had his season cut short with a knee injury. If he's healthy I think that he can soften the blow. Bennett/Johnson should be serviceable, but I think that we'll need to address DE early in next year's draft.


Already we have major needs going into next offseason, and I don't know which we need the most, but I guess we'll decide that after this 2012 season is done. But right now I'd go, MLB, CB, DE, S, DT, TE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
epicMustache


Joined: 19 Jul 2010
Posts: 644
Location: Tallahassee
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible blow for us, and especially for Bowers. This isn't a career-ending injury, though, and I know he's motivated enough to still make an impact in this league.

On a side-note, I think it's pretty telling how Bucs fans on other sites are reacting. Usually pretty level-headed and non-fairweather fans here, but on the UTBBBB, the reaction is kind of a unanimous "OMG, Bowers tore his ACL? FIRE DOMINIK"! Confused
_________________

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception


Last edited by epicMustache on Fri May 11, 2012 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
USFTAMPABAY20


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 869
Location: Tampa, FL
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
Cannot remember the last time a left end cost a team a superbowl...


Really... you aren't choked about this. Bowers was a top 5 pick before his knee issue came up before the draft. I think it is safe to say most were expecting big things from Bowers this year, look what happens to our defense when McCoy has gone down the last few seasons... everything seems to collapse. I know McCoy's position is more front and center but to lose a young starting dlinemen that has elite potential at his position is huge.

I hope Bennett steps up his game a little more this year, he showed flashes last year but seems more of a rotational player like some have said. Hopefully this motivates him even more knowing he has the green light all season to show what he can do.

I was so looking forward to the damage that our dline was going to do, grow together being so young and all. Along with Bennett stepping up I hope McCoy, Clayborn, Price, and the rest of the crew take their games to the next level this year.

On the bright side (kind of) at least Bowers can turn and talk to another young teamate in McCoy and look for some help in how to handle what he is about to go through.


Sry. I feel terrible for bowers.... i was more referring to tge people posting acting like this is the move that will cost us our season. I want nothing but the best for bowers and hope he can pull through quickly
_________________


Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kaymbee


Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Posts: 36
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for Bowers but I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet.

I trust that our new coaching staff know what they are doing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PolarBucc06


Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Posts: 143
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2) Dominik sits tight and gets a long look at the current bodies in camp while keeping a keen eye on the waiver wire. Tucker is certain the Eagles will cut one of their talented ends, “Jason Babin, Brandon Graham, Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp, and they drafted Vinny Curry in the second round,” Tucker said. “They can’t possibly all make the roster.”
Source: www.joebucsfan.com


I would be up for this route. It will likely be Brandon Graham or Daryll Tapp obviously, but I think either would be an excellent addition considering our current situation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5348
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolarBucc06 wrote:
Quote:
2) Dominik sits tight and gets a long look at the current bodies in camp while keeping a keen eye on the waiver wire. Tucker is certain the Eagles will cut one of their talented ends, “Jason Babin, Brandon Graham, Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp, and they drafted Vinny Curry in the second round,” Tucker said. “They can’t possibly all make the roster.”
Source: www.joebucsfan.com


I would be up for this route. It will likely be Brandon Graham or Daryll Tapp obviously, but I think either would be an excellent addition considering our current situation.


That would be nice. I wanted to trade up to grab Brandon Graham, good thing we didn't. But he still could be decent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lifeinthaboot


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2016
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks. I liked the kid in college but knew injuries were one of the major concerns about him coming out. Hope he comes back stronger than ever when he gets back on the field.
_________________
The Quote of the Month is: "Losing Creditability"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8187
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolarBucc06 wrote:
Quote:
2) Dominik sits tight and gets a long look at the current bodies in camp while keeping a keen eye on the waiver wire. Tucker is certain the Eagles will cut one of their talented ends, “Jason Babin, Brandon Graham, Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp, and they drafted Vinny Curry in the second round,” Tucker said. “They can’t possibly all make the roster.”
Source: www.joebucsfan.com


I would be up for this route. It will likely be Brandon Graham or Daryll Tapp obviously, but I think either would be an excellent addition considering our current situation.


I would be happy if we added any one of those 4 guys.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8187
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
Sry. I feel terrible for bowers.... i was more referring to tge people posting acting like this is the move that will cost us our season. I want nothing but the best for bowers and hope he can pull through quickly


Oh, all good. Ya I agree huge loss, still early enough though that we should be able to add a guy or two to help ease the blow. I hope our young guys from last year put in some real work this offseason and show up and raise some eyebrows.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1794
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolarBucc06 wrote:
Quote:
2) Dominik sits tight and gets a long look at the current bodies in camp while keeping a keen eye on the waiver wire. Tucker is certain the Eagles will cut one of their talented ends, “Jason Babin, Brandon Graham, Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp, and they drafted Vinny Curry in the second round,” Tucker said. “They can’t possibly all make the roster.”
Source: www.joebucsfan.com


I would be up for this route. It will likely be Brandon Graham or Daryll Tapp obviously, but I think either would be an excellent addition considering our current situation.
I seriously they cut Graham. Babin seems like the one to go seeing that he is the most overpaid out of that group and they have Curry to take over for his spot. Tapp, Graham, or Babin would be good additions to this team seeing that we need some good depth at LE now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group