Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Marshall & Alshon Jeffery Top 5 WR Duo?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
neo


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 748
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Brandon Marshall & Alshon Jeffery Top 5 WR Duo? Reply with quote

Why aren't these two getting the credit they deserve for their chance to be a dynamic duo and maybe even a top 5-10 WR duo overall? B. Marshall is a bona-fide top 5 WR and A. Jeffery was consdered to be a top 15 1st rd talent coming out before his so called weight issues. They are coming into a situation where they have Jay Cutler's passing abilities and M.Forte/M. Bush in the backfield keeping defenses honest. Please somebody tell me why these guys are not considered a top 5-10 WR duo for 2012?
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear
Chris Conte
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
captainhags


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 772
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmmm. Lemme take a stab at this one.

Because one half of the duo has never stepped foot on an NFL field and has serious questions about his speed and weight? Don't give a line about "considered a top 15 pick before his so called weight issues". If he was a top 15 pick he would've been taken in the top 15. But teams were concerned about about his issues (more than just weight, as I mentioned above), they that let him fall. A 2nd round pick rookie WR is about as far from a sure thing as there is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steelerspower


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 7742
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 reason

GB
NYG
PIT
ATL
DET
.....
.....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45282
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainhags wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm. Lemme take a stab at this one.

Because one half of the duo has never stepped foot on an NFL field and has serious questions about his speed and weight? Don't give a line about "considered a top 15 pick before his so called weight issues". If he was a top 15 pick he would've been taken in the top 15. But teams were concerned about about his issues (more than just weight, as I mentioned above), they that let him fall. A 2nd round pick rookie WR is about as far from a sure thing as there is.


There's a difference between being a top 15 talent and a top 15 pick. Randy Moss was a top 5 talent but not a top 20 pick. Alshon Jeffery was a top 10 talent. Janoris Jenkins was a top 15 talent.

I think that Marshall and Jeffery will develop into a top 5 WR duo. May be not this year but in the future. They complement each really well. I won't be a bit surprised if Alshon puts up great numbers as a rookie.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGreatZepp


Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 2844
Location: Brookfield, WI
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
5 reason

GB
NYG
PIT
ATL
DET
.....
.....

...DAL
...ARI

just to continue off of what Steelerspower started
_________________


Last edited by TheGreatZepp on Thu May 10, 2012 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46803
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
5 reason

GB
NYG
PIT
ATL
DET
.....
.....

DAL
PHI
ARI
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23978
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
5 reason

GB
NYG
PIT
ATL
DET
.....
.....


Pittsburghs a wash but I'm not sure why you have Detroit up there. They have Megatron and that's it. Burleson or Young are not really that great or even good. Just average at this point. Assuming Jeffery works out and Marshall keeps his head on straight this IMO is the best WR duo in the NFL.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheKillerNacho


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 9427
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolno.

Marshall may be a Top 5 WR (barely, and extremely debatable), but its anyone's guess how good Alshon Jeffrey will be. Until we see how the kid plays at the NFL level, you can't make any claims like this. Not when there are so many teams as others have pointed out with proven #1 and #2 WR.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16036
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
captainhags wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm. Lemme take a stab at this one.

Because one half of the duo has never stepped foot on an NFL field and has serious questions about his speed and weight? Don't give a line about "considered a top 15 pick before his so called weight issues". If he was a top 15 pick he would've been taken in the top 15. But teams were concerned about about his issues (more than just weight, as I mentioned above), they that let him fall. A 2nd round pick rookie WR is about as far from a sure thing as there is.


There's a difference between being a top 15 talent and a top 15 pick. Randy Moss was a top 5 talent but not a top 20 pick. Alshon Jeffery was a top 10 talent. Janoris Jenkins was a top 15 talent.

I think that Marshall and Jeffery will develop into a top 5 WR duo. May be not this year but in the future. They complement each really well. I won't be a bit surprised if Alshon puts up great numbers as a rookie.


I'm not sure about the bolded (Not saying you're wrong). Love the ability of both receivers on the field though. If Marshall can cut down on the drops, the Bears offense could be very scary...
_________________


chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15730
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...NE

There have been 5 1,400 yard receivers in the NFL over the past two seasons. The Pats have two of them. Marshall has never done it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way. Marshall is overated and nothing but a Diva & its hard to say whther Alshon weights 250 or 215.
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38123
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Brandon Marshall & Alshon Jeffery Top 5 WR Duo? Reply with quote

neo wrote:
B. Marshall is a bona-fide top 5 WR


Is he?

1 Calvin Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Andre Johnson
4. Steve Smith
5. Roddy White
6. Dwayne Bowe
7. Wes Welker
8. Brandon Marshall
9. Mike Wallace
10. Hakeem Nicks

...is how I'd rate 'em. Marshall is up there, just wouldn't have him in top 5 range.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 2993
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even close. Marshall drops a ton of passes and Jeffery hasn't even played a down.
_________________


2013 Adopt-a-Patriot - Tommy Kelly
Tackles: 19 | Sacks: 1.5 | QB Hits: 5 | TFL: 1 | Fumble Recoveries: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 9427
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
...NE

There have been 5 1,400 yard receivers in the NFL over the past two seasons. The Pats have two of them. Marshall has never done it.


That's an awfully specific way to judge WR. Wes Welker and Brandon Marshall can't really compare since they are different types of WR. And Marshall doesn't have Brady throwing him the ball.

But in the case of Brandon Lloyd... Brandon Marshall has had 1,000+ yard years for five straight seasons (the last two being a member of the Miami freaking Dolphins). That is easily more impressive and valuable than a guy like Brandon Lloyd who has had one great season in his career.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League


Last edited by TheKillerNacho on Thu May 10, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45282
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
captainhags wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm. Lemme take a stab at this one.

Because one half of the duo has never stepped foot on an NFL field and has serious questions about his speed and weight? Don't give a line about "considered a top 15 pick before his so called weight issues". If he was a top 15 pick he would've been taken in the top 15. But teams were concerned about about his issues (more than just weight, as I mentioned above), they that let him fall. A 2nd round pick rookie WR is about as far from a sure thing as there is.


There's a difference between being a top 15 talent and a top 15 pick. Randy Moss was a top 5 talent but not a top 20 pick. Alshon Jeffery was a top 10 talent. Janoris Jenkins was a top 15 talent.

I think that Marshall and Jeffery will develop into a top 5 WR duo. May be not this year but in the future. They complement each really well. I won't be a bit surprised if Alshon puts up great numbers as a rookie.


I'm not sure about the bolded (Not saying you're wrong). Love the ability of both receivers on the field though. If Marshall can cut down on the drops, the Bears offense could be very scary...


They do. Alshon, right now, is very Vincent Jackson like. Basically, he's a vertical WR who does his best work in the intermediate to deep ranges when isolated one on one. His great hands, size, physicality and deceptive speed make him very hard to contain on deep passes, especially jump balls.

Alshon's route running needs work and he lacks initial burst. He has build up speed. That makes him not as effective on short routes. He basically just uses his body to block out the defender.

Marshall is the opposite, he's most effective on short and intermediate routes where he can pick up YAC, use his big frame and use his impressive quickness for a big WR but is not very good at getting open vertically.

They complement each other extremely well.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group