Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Marshall & Alshon Jeffery Top 5 WR Duo?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neo

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Brandon Marshall & Alshon Jeffery Top 5 WR Duo? Reply with quote

Why aren't these two getting the credit they deserve for their chance to be a dynamic duo and maybe even a top 5-10 WR duo overall? B. Marshall is a bona-fide top 5 WR and A. Jeffery was consdered to be a top 15 1st rd talent coming out before his so called weight issues. They are coming into a situation where they have Jay Cutler's passing abilities and M.Forte/M. Bush in the backfield keeping defenses honest. Please somebody tell me why these guys are not considered a top 5-10 WR duo for 2012?

Adopt-a-Bear
Chris Conte
captainhags

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmmm. Lemme take a stab at this one.

Because one half of the duo has never stepped foot on an NFL field and has serious questions about his speed and weight? Don't give a line about "considered a top 15 pick before his so called weight issues". If he was a top 15 pick he would've been taken in the top 15. But teams were concerned about about his issues (more than just weight, as I mentioned above), they that let him fall. A 2nd round pick rookie WR is about as far from a sure thing as there is.
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 reason

GB
NYG
PIT
ATL
DET

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainhags wrote:

Because one half of the duo has never stepped foot on an NFL field and has serious questions about his speed and weight? Don't give a line about "considered a top 15 pick before his so called weight issues". If he was a top 15 pick he would've been taken in the top 15. But teams were concerned about about his issues (more than just weight, as I mentioned above), they that let him fall. A 2nd round pick rookie WR is about as far from a sure thing as there is.

There's a difference between being a top 15 talent and a top 15 pick. Randy Moss was a top 5 talent but not a top 20 pick. Alshon Jeffery was a top 10 talent. Janoris Jenkins was a top 15 talent.

I think that Marshall and Jeffery will develop into a top 5 WR duo. May be not this year but in the future. They complement each really well. I won't be a bit surprised if Alshon puts up great numbers as a rookie.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
5 reason

GB
NYG
PIT
ATL
DET

...DAL
...ARI

just to continue off of what Steelerspower started

Last edited by TheGreatZepp on Thu May 10, 2012 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
green24

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
5 reason

GB
NYG
PIT
ATL
DET

DAL
PHI
ARI

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
5 reason

GB
NYG
PIT
ATL
DET

Pittsburghs a wash but I'm not sure why you have Detroit up there. They have Megatron and that's it. Burleson or Young are not really that great or even good. Just average at this point. Assuming Jeffery works out and Marshall keeps his head on straight this IMO is the best WR duo in the NFL.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolno.

Marshall may be a Top 5 WR (barely, and extremely debatable), but its anyone's guess how good Alshon Jeffrey will be. Until we see how the kid plays at the NFL level, you can't make any claims like this. Not when there are so many teams as others have pointed out with proven #1 and #2 WR.

Nacho Simulation Football League
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
captainhags wrote:

There's a difference between being a top 15 talent and a top 15 pick. Randy Moss was a top 5 talent but not a top 20 pick. Alshon Jeffery was a top 10 talent. Janoris Jenkins was a top 15 talent.

I think that Marshall and Jeffery will develop into a top 5 WR duo. May be not this year but in the future. They complement each really well. I won't be a bit surprised if Alshon puts up great numbers as a rookie.

I'm not sure about the bolded (Not saying you're wrong). Love the ability of both receivers on the field though. If Marshall can cut down on the drops, the Bears offense could be very scary...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...NE

There have been 5 1,400 yard receivers in the NFL over the past two seasons. The Pats have two of them. Marshall has never done it.
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way. Marshall is overated and nothing but a Diva & its hard to say whther Alshon weights 250 or 215.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Brandon Marshall & Alshon Jeffery Top 5 WR Duo? Reply with quote

neo wrote:
B. Marshall is a bona-fide top 5 WR

Is he?

1 Calvin Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Andre Johnson
4. Steve Smith
5. Roddy White
6. Dwayne Bowe
7. Wes Welker
8. Brandon Marshall
9. Mike Wallace
10. Hakeem Nicks

...is how I'd rate 'em. Marshall is up there, just wouldn't have him in top 5 range.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Nihc

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even close. Marshall drops a ton of passes and Jeffery hasn't even played a down.

2013 Adopt-a-Patriot - Tommy Kelly
Tackles: 19 | Sacks: 1.5 | QB Hits: 5 | TFL: 1 | Fumble Recoveries: 1
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
...NE

There have been 5 1,400 yard receivers in the NFL over the past two seasons. The Pats have two of them. Marshall has never done it.

That's an awfully specific way to judge WR. Wes Welker and Brandon Marshall can't really compare since they are different types of WR. And Marshall doesn't have Brady throwing him the ball.

But in the case of Brandon Lloyd... Brandon Marshall has had 1,000+ yard years for five straight seasons (the last two being a member of the Miami freaking Dolphins). That is easily more impressive and valuable than a guy like Brandon Lloyd who has had one great season in his career.

Nacho Simulation Football League

Last edited by TheKillerNacho on Thu May 10, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
captainhags wrote:

I'm not sure about the bolded (Not saying you're wrong). Love the ability of both receivers on the field though. If Marshall can cut down on the drops, the Bears offense could be very scary...

They do. Alshon, right now, is very Vincent Jackson like. Basically, he's a vertical WR who does his best work in the intermediate to deep ranges when isolated one on one. His great hands, size, physicality and deceptive speed make him very hard to contain on deep passes, especially jump balls.

Alshon's route running needs work and he lacks initial burst. He has build up speed. That makes him not as effective on short routes. He basically just uses his body to block out the defender.

Marshall is the opposite, he's most effective on short and intermediate routes where he can pick up YAC, use his big frame and use his impressive quickness for a big WR but is not very good at getting open vertically.

They complement each other extremely well.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: