Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears big free agent WR signing changes draft priorities!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purdueman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Bears big free agent WR signing changes draft priorities! Reply with quote

Bears GM Angelo is committed (supposedly Wink ), to taking a "playmaker" with the Bears first pick in the draft (#4 overall).

Mike Williams lacks the "burner" speed to be a playmaker and Braylon Edwards only came on the last few games of his career and is of course from (gulp! Crying or Very sad ), Michigan (where the Bears have been burned by previously taking Anthony the "A-Trolly" Thomas and immature jerk David Terrell), recently.

So what to do? New offensive coordinator Turner is committed to the running game. With the departure of the A-Trolly, the only back the Bears have behind starter Thomas Jones is mediocre Adrian Peterson.

Everything therefore points towards the Bears now taking RB Rogers of Auburn or Benson of Texas and they may get their pick of the two (personally I think Rogers would be a better complement and fit to Jones), if Saban of Miami does what he's stated he'd like to do by trading down out of the #2 pick and/or signing a veteran running back.

Go Bears! As long as the Bears don't go "on the cheap" and trade down again to save money, they should get a real gamer for years to come. Neither Benson or Rogers is a Curtis P.ENIS, thank God!
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears big free agent WR signing changes draft priorities Reply with quote

purdueman wrote:
Bears GM Angelo is committed (supposedly Wink ), to taking a "playmaker" with the Bears first pick in the draft (#4 overall).

Mike Williams lacks the "burner" speed to be a playmaker and Braylon Edwards only came on the last few games of his career and is of course from (gulp! Crying or Very sad ), Michigan (where the Bears have been burned by previously taking Anthony the "A-Trolly" Thomas and immature jerk David Terrell), recently.

So what to do? New offensive coordinator Turner is committed to the running game. With the departure of the A-Trolly, the only back the Bears have behind starter Thomas Jones is mediocre Adrian Peterson.

Everything therefore points towards the Bears now taking RB Rogers of Auburn or Benson of Texas and they may get their pick of the two (personally I think Rogers would be a better complement and fit to Jones), if Saban of Miami does what he's stated he'd like to do by trading down out of the #2 pick and/or signing a veteran running back.

Go Bears! As long as the Bears don't go "on the cheap" and trade down again to save money, they should get a real gamer for years to come. Neither Benson or Rogers is a Curtis P.ENIS, thank God!

I can only assume that you meant Ronnie Brown out of Auburn, not Rogers...
redwing5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL i like the post but i like WILLIAMS more. He is a possesion reciever with gamebreaker abilities. OUCH! I like Brown, not rodgers, (rodgers is a QB), but i don't like benson. Even w/o mike i'll still like R. BROWN!
purdueman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears big free agent WR signing changes draft priorities Reply with quote

[quote="Mudderfudder77"][quote="purdueman"]Bears GM Angelo is committed (supposedly Wink ), to taking a "playmaker" with the Bears first pick in the draft (#4 overall).

Everything therefore points towards the Bears now taking RB Brown of Auburn or Benson of Texas and they may get their pick of the two (personally I think Rogers would be a better complement and fit to Jones), if Saban of Miami does what he's stated he'd like to do by trading down out of the #2 pick and/or signing a veteran running back.

Go Bears! As long as the Bears don't go "on the cheap" and trade down again to save money, they should get a real gamer for years to come. Neither Benson or Rogers is a Curtis P.ENIS, thank God![/quote]

I can only assume that you meant Ronnie Brown out of Auburn, not Rogers...[/quote]
I stand corrected! Must have been one of those sublimal slips.

Brown blew the scouts away at the Indy combine last weekend. To let a guy like this slip and go to Tampa Bay at #5 would be a freaking crime!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: