Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joe Flacco ranked #74 on NFL Network's top 100 list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 22476
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
I tend to agree with SnA on this one. I'd prefer our offensive philosophy to be more agressive. I think we saw some of that in that Patriots game. We definitely looked to attack more and did creative things with running out of passing formations and passing out of run formations. We went 3 wide often enough. That is the same kind of aggressiveness that I want to see not just when we're down by field goals, but when we're up by 10-14 points. If we make a mistake and let the other team back in the game, I'd prefer if we have the confidence in our offense to right those wrongs and get better. Avoiding having confidence in your offense until you're down isn't going to help the team in the log run.

I want to see us demolish the bad teams or the average to good teams on great days. I love how we win scrappy... But at the same time I don't want to just win that way because it produces the best drama. A win is a win, destroying a team by 32 points wouldn't show me any less about this team than if we were to beat our opponent by only a field goal.

This current offense is just mediocre as a whole, I'd love to see improvements to make it more consistent and take it to the next level.


THANK YOU!

WOW, PERFECTLY SAID, THANK YOU!

I'm actually still in shock that someone agreed with me...


Like I said, I completely and 100% agree with you both.

I hate that we just shut it down when we're up. There's no reason for it.

My disagreement with you was purely because while you say you agree that there's no reason for it -- you directly say in the paragraph right before that there is indeed a reason for it -- Flacco not being able to handle it Wink (That's where I disagree and that's where your logic steps on itself).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 22601
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
I tend to agree with SnA on this one. I'd prefer our offensive philosophy to be more agressive. I think we saw some of that in that Patriots game. We definitely looked to attack more and did creative things with running out of passing formations and passing out of run formations. We went 3 wide often enough. That is the same kind of aggressiveness that I want to see not just when we're down by field goals, but when we're up by 10-14 points. If we make a mistake and let the other team back in the game, I'd prefer if we have the confidence in our offense to right those wrongs and get better. Avoiding having confidence in your offense until you're down isn't going to help the team in the log run.

I want to see us demolish the bad teams or the average to good teams on great days. I love how we win scrappy... But at the same time I don't want to just win that way because it produces the best drama. A win is a win, destroying a team by 32 points wouldn't show me any less about this team than if we were to beat our opponent by only a field goal.

This current offense is just mediocre as a whole, I'd love to see improvements to make it more consistent and take it to the next level.


THANK YOU!

WOW, PERFECTLY SAID, THANK YOU!

I'm actually still in shock that someone agreed with me...


Like I said, I completely and 100% agree with you both.

I hate that we just shut it down when we're up. There's no reason for it.

My disagreement with you was purely because while you say you agree that there's no reason for it -- you directly say in the paragraph right before that there is indeed a reason for it -- Flacco not being able to handle it Wink (That's where I disagree and that's where your logic steps on itself).


You may disagree with me, but the stats don't. When Joe throws a lot and Ray Rice gets less touches, we lose games. You can go back and write an entire paragraph about how each games there was some anomoly that happened to cause that in order to be a Flacco apologist, but the stats don't lie; Flacco doesn't do well in this offense when asked to throw a bunch, nor does he do well when asked to be a game manager.

Key phrase being 'in this offense', I have no doubts that in a different system, the one you and I always mention with him, he'd be an extremely effective and dangerous QB, but not in Cam's system.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 22476
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
I tend to agree with SnA on this one. I'd prefer our offensive philosophy to be more agressive. I think we saw some of that in that Patriots game. We definitely looked to attack more and did creative things with running out of passing formations and passing out of run formations. We went 3 wide often enough. That is the same kind of aggressiveness that I want to see not just when we're down by field goals, but when we're up by 10-14 points. If we make a mistake and let the other team back in the game, I'd prefer if we have the confidence in our offense to right those wrongs and get better. Avoiding having confidence in your offense until you're down isn't going to help the team in the log run.

I want to see us demolish the bad teams or the average to good teams on great days. I love how we win scrappy... But at the same time I don't want to just win that way because it produces the best drama. A win is a win, destroying a team by 32 points wouldn't show me any less about this team than if we were to beat our opponent by only a field goal.

This current offense is just mediocre as a whole, I'd love to see improvements to make it more consistent and take it to the next level.


THANK YOU!

WOW, PERFECTLY SAID, THANK YOU!

I'm actually still in shock that someone agreed with me...


Like I said, I completely and 100% agree with you both.

I hate that we just shut it down when we're up. There's no reason for it.

My disagreement with you was purely because while you say you agree that there's no reason for it -- you directly say in the paragraph right before that there is indeed a reason for it -- Flacco not being able to handle it Wink (That's where I disagree and that's where your logic steps on itself).


You may disagree with me, but the stats don't. When Joe throws a lot and Ray Rice gets less touches, we lose games. You can go back and write an entire paragraph about how each games there was some anomoly that happened to cause that in order to be a Flacco apologist, but the stats don't lie; Flacco doesn't do well in this offense when asked to throw a bunch, nor does he do well when asked to be a game manager.

Key phrase being 'in this offense', I have no doubts that in a different system, the one you and I always mention with him, he'd be an extremely effective and dangerous QB, but not in Cam's system.


I just had a long response typed out but the page errored out and I lost it, so I'll summarize.

Is this what you're trying to say? : "We need to remain a balanced offense regardless of whether we're behind or if we're in the lead because that's what works best."

Because the way it's coming off, at least to me, is that you're arguing opposite viewpoints in consecutive breaths. On one hand you're saying we can't keep having Joe throw the ball a lot because he's not good at it. Then in the next breath you're arguing that Joe needs to throw the ball more when we have leads.

Edit: And I don't disagree. Again, I 100% agree. I think the Ravens need to have a well balanced offensive gameplan with Rice getting 18-25 carries and Flacco throwing the ball 25-35 times a game and stick with such a game plan unless it's brutally evident that moving to one or the other is the right move (ie. late in the 4th and behind/up by 2 possessions).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group