Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joe Flacco ranked #74 on NFL Network's top 100 list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 26194
Location: 321
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here we go again with Flacco's playoff stats.

Three of those games he was a rookie. Two of those he was going against ridiculously good defenses. And he didn't play poorly in the Titans game.

The Patriots wild card game he could barely walk and wouldn't have even been playing if it had been a regular season game. And he only attempted like 10 passes. Not nearly a large enough sample size to call a game good or bad. He was more or less just present.

The Colts game was terrible.

He played great against the Chiefs.

Wasn't that bad in the last Steelers game but he could have played better. The defense lost that game.

He played very well against the Texans. Everyone says he played terrible. But that's because they are unreasonable and refuse to acknowledge that you can't do anything if you have a defender in your face as soon as you drop back. They'll say, "I know he got very little protection but he could have done more." No he couldn't. He made some great throws in that game and took care of the football.

And we all know about the AFC Championship Game.


Anyway, congrats to Joe on the ranking. Well deserved.
_________________

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
janky


Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 488
Location: Bird land
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
And here we go again with Flacco's playoff stats.

Three of those games he was a rookie. Two of those he was going against ridiculously good defenses. And he didn't play poorly in the Titans game.

The Patriots wild card game he could barely walk and wouldn't have even been playing if it had been a regular season game. And he only attempted like 10 passes. Not nearly a large enough sample size to call a game good or bad. He was more or less just present.

The Colts game was terrible.

He played great against the Chiefs.

Wasn't that bad in the last Steelers game but he could have played better. The defense lost that game.

He played very well against the Texans. Everyone says he played terrible. But that's because they are unreasonable and refuse to acknowledge that you can't do anything if you have a defender in your face as soon as you drop back. They'll say, "I know he got very little protection but he could have done more." No he couldn't. He made some great throws in that game and took care of the football.

And we all know about the AFC Championship Game.


Anyway, congrats to Joe on the ranking. Well deserved.


This needed to be posted again. Bmore fans come on, Joe has actually over achieved so far in his career and has done great things. We have a truly great QB and I'll never be able to understand the hate. Open up your eyes Flacco haters!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25457
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janky wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
And here we go again with Flacco's playoff stats.

Three of those games he was a rookie. Two of those he was going against ridiculously good defenses. And he didn't play poorly in the Titans game.

The Patriots wild card game he could barely walk and wouldn't have even been playing if it had been a regular season game. And he only attempted like 10 passes. Not nearly a large enough sample size to call a game good or bad. He was more or less just present.

The Colts game was terrible.

He played great against the Chiefs.

Wasn't that bad in the last Steelers game but he could have played better. The defense lost that game.

He played very well against the Texans. Everyone says he played terrible. But that's because they are unreasonable and refuse to acknowledge that you can't do anything if you have a defender in your face as soon as you drop back. They'll say, "I know he got very little protection but he could have done more." No he couldn't. He made some great throws in that game and took care of the football.

And we all know about the AFC Championship Game.


Anyway, congrats to Joe on the ranking. Well deserved.


This needed to be posted again. Bmore fans come on, Joe has actually over achieved so far in his career and has done great things. We have a truly great QB and I'll never be able to understand the hate. Open up your eyes Flacco haters!


Sorry that not everyone here believes he's a top-11 QB in the NFL.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freezer-52


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 961
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"he makes the necessary plays downfield, and he's accurate on his deep throws"

that's what jordan babineaux says in the video, and I agree. Joe's been more than good, and he's as durable as they come at the position. thats gotta count for something
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12982
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
janky wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
And here we go again with Flacco's playoff stats.

Three of those games he was a rookie. Two of those he was going against ridiculously good defenses. And he didn't play poorly in the Titans game.

The Patriots wild card game he could barely walk and wouldn't have even been playing if it had been a regular season game. And he only attempted like 10 passes. Not nearly a large enough sample size to call a game good or bad. He was more or less just present.

The Colts game was terrible.

He played great against the Chiefs.

Wasn't that bad in the last Steelers game but he could have played better. The defense lost that game.

He played very well against the Texans. Everyone says he played terrible. But that's because they are unreasonable and refuse to acknowledge that you can't do anything if you have a defender in your face as soon as you drop back. They'll say, "I know he got very little protection but he could have done more." No he couldn't. He made some great throws in that game and took care of the football.

And we all know about the AFC Championship Game.


Anyway, congrats to Joe on the ranking. Well deserved.


This needed to be posted again. Bmore fans come on, Joe has actually over achieved so far in his career and has done great things. We have a truly great QB and I'll never be able to understand the hate. Open up your eyes Flacco haters!


Sorry that not everyone here believes he's a top-11 QB in the NFL.

Yeah, I agree. I definitely don't think he's a top 11 QB... I think he's #12. Wink

1. *Reserved for healthy Manning*/Aaron Rodgers
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Breas
4. Tom Brady/ Reserved for Manning if not the same player
5. Philip Rivers
6. Big Ben
7. Eli Manning
8. Matthew Stafford
9. Tony Romo
10. Cam Newton
11. Mike Vick (durability)
12. Joe Flacco
13. Matt Ryan
14. Jay Cutler
15. Matt Schaub (durability)

All of these quarterbacks are at least better than average in my opinion (16 being average). However with the influx of Luck and RG3 this list could very well change. Another injury riddled year and Schaub drops off this list IMO. I heavily factor in durability and being able to be present to win your team games into my rankings.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GaTechRavens


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 17667
Location: Madison, WI
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
And here we go again with Flacco's playoff stats.

Three of those games he was a rookie. Two of those he was going against ridiculously good defenses. And he didn't play poorly in the Titans game.

The Patriots wild card game he could barely walk and wouldn't have even been playing if it had been a regular season game. And he only attempted like 10 passes. Not nearly a large enough sample size to call a game good or bad. He was more or less just present.

The Colts game was terrible.

He played great against the Chiefs.

Wasn't that bad in the last Steelers game but he could have played better. The defense lost that game.

He played very well against the Texans. Everyone says he played terrible. But that's because they are unreasonable and refuse to acknowledge that you can't do anything if you have a defender in your face as soon as you drop back. They'll say, "I know he got very little protection but he could have done more." No he couldn't. He made some great throws in that game and took care of the football.

And we all know about the AFC Championship Game.


Anyway, congrats to Joe on the ranking. Well deserved.


Except it wasn't. Pretty much no one remembers the fact that his receivers had 9-10 drops, yet he still went 20-35.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 22848
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
janky wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
And here we go again with Flacco's playoff stats.

Three of those games he was a rookie. Two of those he was going against ridiculously good defenses. And he didn't play poorly in the Titans game.

The Patriots wild card game he could barely walk and wouldn't have even been playing if it had been a regular season game. And he only attempted like 10 passes. Not nearly a large enough sample size to call a game good or bad. He was more or less just present.

The Colts game was terrible.

He played great against the Chiefs.

Wasn't that bad in the last Steelers game but he could have played better. The defense lost that game.

He played very well against the Texans. Everyone says he played terrible. But that's because they are unreasonable and refuse to acknowledge that you can't do anything if you have a defender in your face as soon as you drop back. They'll say, "I know he got very little protection but he could have done more." No he couldn't. He made some great throws in that game and took care of the football.

And we all know about the AFC Championship Game.


Anyway, congrats to Joe on the ranking. Well deserved.


This needed to be posted again. Bmore fans come on, Joe has actually over achieved so far in his career and has done great things. We have a truly great QB and I'll never be able to understand the hate. Open up your eyes Flacco haters!


Sorry that not everyone here believes he's a top-11 QB in the NFL.


Are you actually going to provide a rebuttal?

Edit:

And let me ask you this. If Flacco failed to get us to the playoffs in his first 2 seasons and the past 2 seasons were exactly the same and he was sitting with career stats of:

77/127 (60.6%), 872 yards, 7 TDs, 2 INTs, rating of 93.0

Would your view of him be different?

If so, then you're simply putting him down for getting us to the playoffs as a rookie/2nd year player and would have preferred he crap the bed and didn't get us there at all.

If not, then your argument about the bad post-season stats is debunked.

So, pick a path.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 9104
Location: MD
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
janky wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
And here we go again with Flacco's playoff stats.

Three of those games he was a rookie. Two of those he was going against ridiculously good defenses. And he didn't play poorly in the Titans game.

The Patriots wild card game he could barely walk and wouldn't have even been playing if it had been a regular season game. And he only attempted like 10 passes. Not nearly a large enough sample size to call a game good or bad. He was more or less just present.

The Colts game was terrible.

He played great against the Chiefs.

Wasn't that bad in the last Steelers game but he could have played better. The defense lost that game.

He played very well against the Texans. Everyone says he played terrible. But that's because they are unreasonable and refuse to acknowledge that you can't do anything if you have a defender in your face as soon as you drop back. They'll say, "I know he got very little protection but he could have done more." No he couldn't. He made some great throws in that game and took care of the football.

And we all know about the AFC Championship Game.


Anyway, congrats to Joe on the ranking. Well deserved.


This needed to be posted again. Bmore fans come on, Joe has actually over achieved so far in his career and has done great things. We have a truly great QB and I'll never be able to understand the hate. Open up your eyes Flacco haters!


Sorry that not everyone here believes he's a top-11 QB in the NFL.


Are you actually going to provide a rebuttal?

Edit:

And let me ask you this. If Flacco failed to get us to the playoffs in his first 2 seasons and the past 2 seasons were exactly the same and he was sitting with career stats of:

77/127 (60.6%), 872 yards, 7 TDs, 2 INTs, rating of 93.0

Would your view of him be different?

If so, then you're simply putting him down for getting us to the playoffs as a rookie/2nd year player and would have preferred he crap the bed and didn't get us there at all.

If not, then your argument about the bad post-season stats is debunked.

So, pick a path.


I've brought this up in the comparisons fourm before. If you look at these past two seasons (his 3rd and 4th), his plaoff numbers are pretty darn good.

I'm not one who really likes the argument that QB X had a bad rookie season (i.e. Elway, Aikman, etc.), so any QB with a poor rookie season is barred from criticism. That being said, some other top QB's started their playoff careers very poorly before hitting their stride. So talking about Flacco looking bad in the playoffs in years 1 and 2, particularly when he has played VERY well in years 3 and 4 (I believe that he was very good in the Houston game FWIW).

Peyton Manning's combined stats for his fist three playoff games, which were in 1999 (2nd season), 2000 (3rd season) and 2002 (5th season):

50/105 47.6% 558 yards 5.31 ypa 1 TD 2 INT 59.15 Rat

Am I saying that Flacco will be Peyton Manning? No. I'm just saying that lambasting a QB for his 1st and 2nd year playoff performances and using that as evidence for why he isn't good is a little unfair. Particularly when he has shown marked improvement since then both in terms of stats and the eye test.

One thing I don't get about Ravens fans in general (not anyone in particular here, moreso in public and on the radio) is that when discussing Flacco, a lot of times one hears criticism of what he doesn't do like a Brady or a Manning. Just bc he's not a top 5 type of QB doesn't make him bad. If he can be a Stabler or a Simms, or even a Hasselbeck, that's more than good enough to win the SB, and that's the ultimate goal isn't it? For the record, I think he can be better than those guys even, but if he's just an above average starter, that's more than enough to win the 'ship.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 22848
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
janky wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
And here we go again with Flacco's playoff stats.

Three of those games he was a rookie. Two of those he was going against ridiculously good defenses. And he didn't play poorly in the Titans game.

The Patriots wild card game he could barely walk and wouldn't have even been playing if it had been a regular season game. And he only attempted like 10 passes. Not nearly a large enough sample size to call a game good or bad. He was more or less just present.

The Colts game was terrible.

He played great against the Chiefs.

Wasn't that bad in the last Steelers game but he could have played better. The defense lost that game.

He played very well against the Texans. Everyone says he played terrible. But that's because they are unreasonable and refuse to acknowledge that you can't do anything if you have a defender in your face as soon as you drop back. They'll say, "I know he got very little protection but he could have done more." No he couldn't. He made some great throws in that game and took care of the football.

And we all know about the AFC Championship Game.


Anyway, congrats to Joe on the ranking. Well deserved.


This needed to be posted again. Bmore fans come on, Joe has actually over achieved so far in his career and has done great things. We have a truly great QB and I'll never be able to understand the hate. Open up your eyes Flacco haters!


Sorry that not everyone here believes he's a top-11 QB in the NFL.


Are you actually going to provide a rebuttal?

Edit:

And let me ask you this. If Flacco failed to get us to the playoffs in his first 2 seasons and the past 2 seasons were exactly the same and he was sitting with career stats of:

77/127 (60.6%), 872 yards, 7 TDs, 2 INTs, rating of 93.0

Would your view of him be different?

If so, then you're simply putting him down for getting us to the playoffs as a rookie/2nd year player and would have preferred he crap the bed and didn't get us there at all.

If not, then your argument about the bad post-season stats is debunked.

So, pick a path.


I've brought this up in the comparisons fourm before. If you look at these past two seasons (his 3rd and 4th), his plaoff numbers are pretty darn good.

I'm not one who really likes the argument that QB X had a bad rookie season (i.e. Elway, Aikman, etc.), so any QB with a poor rookie season is barred from criticism. That being said, some other top QB's started their playoff careers very poorly before hitting their stride. So talking about Flacco looking bad in the playoffs in years 1 and 2, particularly when he has played VERY well in years 3 and 4 (I believe that he was very good in the Houston game FWIW).

Peyton Manning's combined stats for his fist three playoff games, which were in 1999 (2nd season), 2000 (3rd season) and 2002 (5th season):

50/105 47.6% 558 yards 5.31 ypa 1 TD 2 INT 59.15 Rat

Am I saying that Flacco will be Peyton Manning? No. I'm just saying that lambasting a QB for his 1st and 2nd year playoff performances and using that as evidence for why he isn't good is a little unfair. Particularly when he has shown marked improvement since then both in terms of stats and the eye test.

One thing I don't get about Ravens fans in general (not anyone in particular here, moreso in public and on the radio) is that when discussing Flacco, a lot of times one hears criticism of what he doesn't do like a Brady or a Manning. Just bc he's not a top 5 type of QB doesn't make him bad. If he can be a Stabler or a Simms, or even a Hasselbeck, that's more than good enough to win the SB, and that's the ultimate goal isn't it? For the record, I think he can be better than those guys even, but if he's just an above average starter, that's more than enough to win the 'ship.


Agreed.

My biggest issue is when people use his rookie/2nd year playoff stats, add it to the last 2 years which have been pretty darn good, and then use the lump sum as the criticism why he isn't better than other QBs who have either not played as many playoff games, or have never appeared. As if getting his team to the playoffs as a rookie and 2nd year guy, despite playing badly statistically, is worse than if he didn't get there at all. Boggles my mind.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
B-More_2011


Joined: 28 Jan 2010
Posts: 1105
Location: O.C. (MD)
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
janky wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
And here we go again with Flacco's playoff stats.

Three of those games he was a rookie. Two of those he was going against ridiculously good defenses. And he didn't play poorly in the Titans game.

The Patriots wild card game he could barely walk and wouldn't have even been playing if it had been a regular season game. And he only attempted like 10 passes. Not nearly a large enough sample size to call a game good or bad. He was more or less just present.

The Colts game was terrible.

He played great against the Chiefs.

Wasn't that bad in the last Steelers game but he could have played better. The defense lost that game.

He played very well against the Texans. Everyone says he played terrible. But that's because they are unreasonable and refuse to acknowledge that you can't do anything if you have a defender in your face as soon as you drop back. They'll say, "I know he got very little protection but he could have done more." No he couldn't. He made some great throws in that game and took care of the football.

And we all know about the AFC Championship Game.


Anyway, congrats to Joe on the ranking. Well deserved.


This needed to be posted again. Bmore fans come on, Joe has actually over achieved so far in his career and has done great things. We have a truly great QB and I'll never be able to understand the hate. Open up your eyes Flacco haters!


Sorry that not everyone here believes he's a top-11 QB in the NFL.


Are you actually going to provide a rebuttal?

Edit:

And let me ask you this. If Flacco failed to get us to the playoffs in his first 2 seasons and the past 2 seasons were exactly the same and he was sitting with career stats of:

77/127 (60.6%), 872 yards, 7 TDs, 2 INTs, rating of 93.0

Would your view of him be different?

If so, then you're simply putting him down for getting us to the playoffs as a rookie/2nd year player and would have preferred he crap the bed and didn't get us there at all.

If not, then your argument about the bad post-season stats is debunked.

So, pick a path.


I've brought this up in the comparisons fourm before. If you look at these past two seasons (his 3rd and 4th), his plaoff numbers are pretty darn good.

I'm not one who really likes the argument that QB X had a bad rookie season (i.e. Elway, Aikman, etc.), so any QB with a poor rookie season is barred from criticism. That being said, some other top QB's started their playoff careers very poorly before hitting their stride. So talking about Flacco looking bad in the playoffs in years 1 and 2, particularly when he has played VERY well in years 3 and 4 (I believe that he was very good in the Houston game FWIW).

Peyton Manning's combined stats for his fist three playoff games, which were in 1999 (2nd season), 2000 (3rd season) and 2002 (5th season):

50/105 47.6% 558 yards 5.31 ypa 1 TD 2 INT 59.15 Rat

Am I saying that Flacco will be Peyton Manning? No. I'm just saying that lambasting a QB for his 1st and 2nd year playoff performances and using that as evidence for why he isn't good is a little unfair. Particularly when he has shown marked improvement since then both in terms of stats and the eye test.

One thing I don't get about Ravens fans in general (not anyone in particular here, moreso in public and on the radio) is that when discussing Flacco, a lot of times one hears criticism of what he doesn't do like a Brady or a Manning. Just bc he's not a top 5 type of QB doesn't make him bad. If he can be a Stabler or a Simms, or even a Hasselbeck, that's more than good enough to win the SB, and that's the ultimate goal isn't it? For the record, I think he can be better than those guys even, but if he's just an above average starter, that's more than enough to win the 'ship.


Agreed.

My biggest issue is when people use his rookie/2nd year playoff stats, add it to the last 2 years which have been pretty darn good, and then use the lump sum as the criticism why he isn't better than other QBs who have either not played as many playoff games, or have never appeared. As if getting his team to the playoffs as a rookie and 2nd year guy, despite playing badly statistically, is worse than if he didn't get there at all. Boggles my mind.

And people still ride Ryan's [inappropriate/removed] because of his great rookie season. These guys are playing n the fantasy era, if they don't put up numbers, than they won't succeed. I don't understand that. I see Flacco having a career like Eli Manning, and if he can win a super bowl or two, which i think he's capable of doing, than what more can we ask for? And yet, five years later, Flacco has 5 playoff wins, and Ryan, Schaub, Palmer and Stafford have none, and Romo only has 1. I've just come to the conclusion that Flacco is a polarizing figure in the NFL th people jus like to hate on for no reason.
_________________
Buccaneers wrote:
KCDiehard88 wrote:
Where are the Chiefs at #11?


Nobody cares about the Chiefs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmthawk64


Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Posts: 1087
Location: BALL SO HARD UNIVERSITY
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:


1. *Reserved for healthy Manning*/Aaron Rodgers
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Breas
4. Tom Brady/ Reserved for Manning if not the same player
5. Philip Rivers
6. Big Ben
7. Eli Manning
8. Matthew Stafford
9. Tony Romo
10. Cam Newton
11. Mike Vick (durability)
12. Joe Flacco
13. Matt Ryan
14. Jay Cutler
15. Matt Schaub (durability)


Not a bad list but Cutler is wayyy too low. He's closer to 5th than not in the top 10.

I'd also drop Rivers a few spots after last year (but not as many spots as I'd assume most would)
_________________
When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in you carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GaTechRavens


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 17667
Location: Madison, WI
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmthawk64 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:


1. *Reserved for healthy Manning*/Aaron Rodgers
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Breas
4. Tom Brady/ Reserved for Manning if not the same player
5. Philip Rivers
6. Big Ben
7. Eli Manning
8. Matthew Stafford
9. Tony Romo
10. Cam Newton
11. Mike Vick (durability)
12. Joe Flacco
13. Matt Ryan
14. Jay Cutler
15. Matt Schaub (durability)


Not a bad list but Cutler is wayyy too low. He's closer to 5th than not in the top 10.

I'd also drop Rivers a few spots after last year (but not as many spots as I'd assume most would)


Cutler suddenly became ridiculously overrated this year, and I'm not sure why.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25457
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
rmthawk64 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:


1. *Reserved for healthy Manning*/Aaron Rodgers
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Breas
4. Tom Brady/ Reserved for Manning if not the same player
5. Philip Rivers
6. Big Ben
7. Eli Manning
8. Matthew Stafford
9. Tony Romo
10. Cam Newton
11. Mike Vick (durability)
12. Joe Flacco
13. Matt Ryan
14. Jay Cutler
15. Matt Schaub (durability)


Not a bad list but Cutler is wayyy too low. He's closer to 5th than not in the top 10.

I'd also drop Rivers a few spots after last year (but not as many spots as I'd assume most would)


Cutler suddenly became ridiculously overrated this year, and I'm not sure why.


Yeah, I've never been a Cutler fan. I like where DB ranked him, and I guess looking at his list I'd almost be inclined to agree, but I think Schaub is better than Flacco.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25457
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
janky wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
And here we go again with Flacco's playoff stats.

Three of those games he was a rookie. Two of those he was going against ridiculously good defenses. And he didn't play poorly in the Titans game.

The Patriots wild card game he could barely walk and wouldn't have even been playing if it had been a regular season game. And he only attempted like 10 passes. Not nearly a large enough sample size to call a game good or bad. He was more or less just present.

The Colts game was terrible.

He played great against the Chiefs.

Wasn't that bad in the last Steelers game but he could have played better. The defense lost that game.

He played very well against the Texans. Everyone says he played terrible. But that's because they are unreasonable and refuse to acknowledge that you can't do anything if you have a defender in your face as soon as you drop back. They'll say, "I know he got very little protection but he could have done more." No he couldn't. He made some great throws in that game and took care of the football.

And we all know about the AFC Championship Game.


Anyway, congrats to Joe on the ranking. Well deserved.


This needed to be posted again. Bmore fans come on, Joe has actually over achieved so far in his career and has done great things. We have a truly great QB and I'll never be able to understand the hate. Open up your eyes Flacco haters!


Sorry that not everyone here believes he's a top-11 QB in the NFL.


Are you actually going to provide a rebuttal?

Edit:

And let me ask you this. If Flacco failed to get us to the playoffs in his first 2 seasons and the past 2 seasons were exactly the same and he was sitting with career stats of:

77/127 (60.6%), 872 yards, 7 TDs, 2 INTs, rating of 93.0

Would your view of him be different?

If so, then you're simply putting him down for getting us to the playoffs as a rookie/2nd year player and would have preferred he crap the bed and didn't get us there at all.

If not, then your argument about the bad post-season stats is debunked.

So, pick a path.


I'm simply taking it for what it is. He was a game manager his first two years and when the game was on the line or he had to make any kind of plays he simply could not do so.

These past two years have been a good improvement, except last year against Pittsburgh I wasn't very impressed with Joe, but that's a different story because Cam didn't help Joe at all and in the end Joe was just trying to force things because of how poorly the game was being called.

This year he didn't play well at all against Houston IMHO and played one good half against NE, so that's how I view it.

Bottom line has been Flacco is a pretty average-above average QB in the regular season who has extremely low low's and extremely high high's, but once the post season rolls around Flacco has usually wet the bed, and up until the 2nd half of the NE game this year, it's basically been much of the same Flacco with the exception of the KC game.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STrid


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 976
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think essentially, when talking Flacco's post-season, you could make the argument, that the first two play-off trips shouldn't really count in the stat department. At that point he was very unproven and still quite a project, who I think did better than anticipated. Yes, we got by more in spite of him than because of him, but which 1st or 2nd year QB could you honestly say would have done much better?

However for the last two years he has played very well in the play-offs, throwing for 7 touchdown to 2 interceptions. Houston was a rough game, but that goes for the whole team. No one really played well in that game, but too much of the blame goes on Flacco when in reality he was let down by hos OL and his Receivers for the most part. I actually think he played a pretty good game when you consider that he was getting pressured all the time in that game, the Texans D was just abusing our OL all game.

And perhaps the reason why Flacco is so polarizing is because he just keeps winning games despite not tearing it up every week Brady style, people simply can't deal with a QB who can win while not beasting it all the way. But Flacco has never had a team that was build around him like many other guys have had. He's never had a great receiving core or a truly great OL. When he had the OL in '09 he lacked the receivers and subsequently lost most of that OL the year following.
I honestly think that if the Ravens had wanted to build a team completely around Flacco he would have had top 5 type stats by now, but that has never been the case. The question is also how many games that would have won us, I'm guessing fewer.

The reason, however, why I don't think Flacco is actually a top 5 QB in terms of actual talent is because I don't see a QB who can thrive despite of the odds against him, like Peyton Manning or Brady could. But then again those guys are once in a decade type players and don't really come around that often. Flacco, as he has shown, can do well in spite of his lacking offence, but will have to have a great D in order to really go far. He is leagues better than the typical game-manager, but he will never put up top 5 numbers in this scheme.
_________________


^Et billede siger mere end tusind ord!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group