Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mr. X's 2013 1st round mock w/ projected records
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. X

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Mr. X's 2013 1st round mock w/ projected records Reply with quote

Clearly this means nothing, but it's still fun to do so enjoy.

1. Cleveland Browns (1-15) – Robert Woods, WR, USC – Do the Cleveland Browns give up on 1st round pick Brandon Weeden right away? No, they do everything they can to help him succeed because he’s actually not a bad quarterback at all, they just have a lot of problems and play an incredibly, incredibly difficult schedule this year. The Browns really need weapons on offense and while they drafted Trent Richardson they still don’t have anything on the outside. Greg Little is alright and Mohamed Massoquai is decent but they need a game breaker and Robert Woods is an absolute stud that can be a threat that they have not had in a long time.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14) – Matt Barkley, QB, USC – If the Jaguars go 2-14 it will be pretty clear that Blaine Gabbert is not the answer and I that is the case they won’t waste any more time with him and they’ll move on to Matt Barkley, which is easier to do now since Gabbert isn’t making as much as previous QBs drafted with high draft. Matt Barkley is a stud and would have been a high draft pick in 2012 but he saw Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III in that draft too, decided to return to college, and it will pay off as he is unquestionably the top QB in the draft.

3. Minnesota Vikings (3-13) – David Anderson, CB, NC State – The Vikings could have gone three different ways in the 2012 draft but choose to address the offensive line. While that was the right decision it isn’t going to help them stop the incredibly strong passing offenses that Green Bay, Detroit, and Chicago (now with Brandon Marshall) will have in 2012 and it leads to another very disappointing season. David Anderson will give them a big time playmaker back there.

4. Arizona Cardinals (4-12) – Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee – Like the Jaguars, if the Cardinals finish this low it will be because their new QB, Kevin Kolb, did not pan out and also like the Jaguars, they will not waste more time playing around with him. They already expressed interest last offseason in upgrading the QB position. Granted, that QB was Peyton Manning, but a 4-12 record will be because of poor QB play and they’ll take Tyler Brady to develop into their signal caller.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12) – Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina – LeGarrette Blount is a fine runner but he can’t do too much else, making him more of a role player than an every down back. The Buccaneers looked to upgrade the position in the 2012 draft but were unable to. This time they get the chance and take a dynamic all-around running back that will give another dimension to their offense.

6. St. Louis Rams (Washington Redskins (4-12)) – D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama – The Rams needed more than just one player to become a contender so they traded down and got a great haul of picks that will really help them build back into a contender. While they have their QB in place they still need to build the team up around him and that includes the offensive line. They have invested some high draft picks on the offensive line recently but they have not worked out

7. Oakland Raiders (4-12) – Alex Okafor, DE, Texas – After having now draft picks in the first two round of the 2012 draft and such a terrible cap situation that they were forced to make essentially gut the team the Raiders are essentially rebuilding. While they have too much invested in QBs to take another one here they do need somebody to be able to replace an aging Richard Seymour on the edge as a pass rusher and Okafor is a long defensive end that can get into the backfield.

8. Miami Dolphins (4-12) – Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia – While I think the Dolphins will soon realize that drafting Ryan Tannehill was a mistake I don’t think they’ll use the No. 8 pick in the draft to take a QB two years in a row. Instead they take a guy to play opposite of Cameron Wake, which will hopefully give them a pass rush good enough to rattle Tom Brady twice a year.

9. Indianapolis Colts (5-11) – Sam Montgomery, DE/OLB, LSU – The Colts got their franchise QB in 2012 and drafted a lot of pieces to help him out on offense so now they address the other side of the ball. Chuck Pagano had the luxury of having Terrell Suggs rushing the passer in Baltimore so he knows the value of that sort of player. While Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney are definitely two of the best it will be incredibly interesting to see how they work at stand up OLBs in the 3-4 defense but either way, both are getting up there in age and you can never have enough pass rushers.

10. St. Louis Rams (6-10) – Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor – St. Louis needs to get a legitimate playmaker in there to help Sam Bradford. After addressing the offensive line with their first selection they get Bradford a weapon with their second top-10 draft pick. Now, not only will he have time to throw the ball but he’ll have somebody to get the ball to.

11. Kansas City Chiefs (6-10) – Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma – I think the Chiefs will realize that Matt Cassel is a good NFL quarterback but nowhere near a great one that can make his team a Super Bowl contender. Landry Jones is an incredibly experienced quarterback and wisely stayed in school for another year. That decision will pay off for him and he’ll be more refined in his craft, which the Chiefs will reap the benefits of.

12. Tennessee Titans (7-9) – Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU – The Titans lost one of the best cornerbacks in the league when Cortland Finnegan decided to rejoin Jeff Fisher in St. Louis and with Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson and now Andrew Luck in their division they are going to have to find a replacement for him. They went in different directions in the 2012 draft, directions they definitely needed to go in, but in 2013 there will be no way they can pass on the playmaking honey badger. While I see the argument that they have two starters in McCourty and Verner I still think in today’s pass happy league defensive backs are always a good thing to have a lot of.

13. Seattle Seahawks (7-9) – Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah – I think that somewhere out of Matt Flynn, Tavaris Jackson, and Russell Wilson the Seahawks have their QB but deciding on who it is, is with a sub-par supporting cast is going to hurt at least a little bit but I think they’ll eventually figure it out. In 2013 I doubt the Seahawks will be making any sort of play for a QB but I do think they’ll beef up their defensive line with a guy who has the potential to play like his name.

14. Buffalo Bills (7-9) – Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas – Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good quarterback but in that level of Matt Cassel where he’s good but can’t make a team a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Buffalo, more than anything, has to decide what they are going to do with the guy under center and in 2013 I think it will be clear they need and upgrade.

15. Baltimore Ravens (8-8) – Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin – The Ravens have an incredibly difficult schedule and salary cap issues prevented them from really signing any free agents in 2012 (to date they have added two new free agents, both of which are only expected to really play special teams. I can’t say that the Ravens will be better in 2013 and I think age will finally catch up to them at ILB (Ray Lewis), FS (Ed Reed), C (Matt Birk), and LT (Bryant McKinnie). One of those positions gets fixed up right now as the Ravens take one of the top offensive linemen to be their first franchise left tackle since Jonathan Ogden retired after the 2007 season. (BTW I am actually a Ravens fan; I really don’t see them being as successful as they have been this upcoming year).

16. New York Giants (8-8) – Manti Te’o, MLB, Notre Dame – I really like the reigning Super Bowl Champs but everybody in their division is going to be better, making it much tougher for them to sneak into the playoffs and go for a nice run at the perfect time yet again. The Giants always seem to have issues at linebacker but Manti Te’o should fix a lot of them. He is the premier linebacker in this draft and possesses and incredible skill set that will translate to the NFL.

17. Carolina Panthers (8-8) – Kawann Short, DT, Purdue – Carolina has a lot of potential to have a fantastic offense but their defense will needs work. They spent a 2012 first round draft pick on LB Luke Kuechly and the best way to get the most out of him is to get some big bodies right in front to take up blockers. Kawann Short is a remarkable talent at DT and will definitely help the linebackers out.

18. New Orleans Saints (8-8) – Jelani Jenkins, LB, Florida – Between the off the field issues and a very tough schedule that includes two games against a much, much improved Panthers team I think the Saints miss the playoffs and struggle a bit more than they should, mostly on the defensive end where it is very possible that some key players face big suspensions. In my opinion they can get an upgrade over Scott Shanle at ROLB anyway and Jenkins will certainly be able to go in and get significant playing time right away.

19. Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) – Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin – Let me first say that I think the Cincinnati Bengals had one of the top drafts in 2012 but with so many young players going into key roles between the last two classes I can see them being good but just missing the playoffs. With that said it’s hard to really find a place they can use an upgrade but I look in that backfield and while they just signed BenJarvus Green-Ellis and still have Bernard Scott they still probably have the worst RBs in the AFC North and Montee Ball can give them a nice threat out of the backfield.

20. Dallas Cowboys (11-5) – Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State – I think the Cowboys are going to be very close to getting back to the playoffs but I think they’ll just miss it, as for the pick I can definitely see a wide receiver here to go with Miles Austin and Dez Bryant. Those two make a great duo but just imagine if they could have kept Laurent Robinson. Wilson will make for a solid trio again.

*21. San Diego Chargers (10-6) – Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia – Even though they lose Vincent Jackson I can see the Chargers breaking through and making the playoffs again in 2012. Ideally they would like a WR here but Wilson was the last of the big wide receivers so they address the offensive line. Oday Aboushi can be a much more permanent solution at LT than Jared Gaither.

*22. Atlanta Falcons (11-5) – John Simon, DE, Ohio State – The Falcons are going to need to get a quality pass rusher to replace the 33-year-old John Abraham before too long. Simon has the potential to be a quality pass rusher in the NFL and proved his ability against the best of the best in the Big Ten playing for Ohio State so far.

*23. New York Jets (11-5) – Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina – Bart Scott has really started to take a step back. Kevin Reddick is a very skilled inside linebacker built to play in the 3-4 defense and will be able to step in for Bart Scott and produce when his time comes.

*24. Chicago Bears (12-4) – Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M – The only thing that can keep the Bears out of the playoffs in 2012, in my opinion, is injuries at the extent that their key offensive players suffered in 2011. Drafting offensive lineman will not only help the offense play better but it will keep Jay Cutler from getting destroyed every game and will decrease the chances of injuries to their guys.

*25. Houston Texans (9-7) – Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami – The Texans addressed the offensive line but did not take a RT to replace Eric Winston. While I don’t think that is going to take them out of the playoffs I think that is going to keep them from truly reaching their full potential. In 2013 they should definitely take an offensive tackle to fill the positions.

*26. San Francisco 49ers (10-6) – Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU – San Francisco is a very good team and doesn’t need upgrades in too many areas. Quarterback may be the biggest issue but they still just drafted Colin Kapaernick in the second round in 2011. So rather than taking a quarterback they add another pass rusher because a team can never have enough guys to disrupt the opposing quarterback.

*27. Denver Broncos (12-4) – Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama – The Broncos waited until the fourth round to address cornerback so you can bet they are going to pick one early in 2013 to eventually replace the ageless Champ Bailey. Dee Milliner has as much to do with Alabama’s great defense last season as Dre Kirkpatrick and Mark Barron and he’ll be drafted high because of it.

*28. Detroit Lions (12-4) – Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State – Jim Schwartz is doing an absolutely phenomenal job in Detroit and this team is going to do some great things but they still need to get better on the defensive side of the ball and Brandon Jenkins has a lot of ability and can add a lot to their linebacker corp.

*29. Pittsburgh Steelers (13-3) – Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State – The Steelers really helped their team get better with their 2012 draft but they still need to get younger on defense and need to upgrade their secondary. In the offseason they parted ways with Bryant McFadden, who like him or hate him was not a bad cornerback at all. Jonathan Banks is a Steeler-type player that can instantly become a starter.

*30. Green Bay Packers (13-3) – C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama – The Packers have a great offense but their defense showed last year that it had some major issues and while they used their first six draft picks in 2012 on defense they can still use more help on that side of the ball and C.J. Mosley is a classic Alabama middle linebacker that has the potential to be a major player in the NFL. Left tackle is a possibility but Mosley is far superior than any left tackle available at this point.

*31. Philadelphia Eagles (12-4) – Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M – The Eagles used four of their first five draft picks (all in the first four rounds) to improve a defense that really let them down last year and caused the so-called dream team to miss the playoffs. Well, with significant improvements in the front seven that also includes the addition of MLB DeMeco Ryans, a healthy Michael Vick (remember he did miss a couple games last season) and Jeremy Maclin, and time for the team to gel after adding so many new faces, the Eagles have a real shot to live up to their expectations, albeit a year later. With that said, however, the Eagles still have some issues on defense and Sean Porter would be a guy that can step right in and start next to Ryans and Mychal Kendricks.

*32. New England Patriots (15-1) – Kwame Geathers, DT/DE, Georgia – The Patriots have the easiest schedule in the NFL and an absolutely loaded team that got significantly better in the 2012 draft with 1st round selections Chandler Jones and Dont’a Hightower. The Patriots really don’t have many needs but they can still improve their defense and another big athletic body on the defensive line never hurt anybody.

Last edited by Mr. X on Tue May 01, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
adam9

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the Falcons Reddick. We have wayyy too many DE's to get one in the first round. Also you misspelled Tyler Bray's name.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the Jets Mingo at 23. OLB is a bigger need than ILB and Mingo is better than Reddick IMO.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
RamRod

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be amazing for the Rams, especially for the offense and Bradford.
BrownsDog23

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there is a chance the Browns are picking #1 in the draft as they have a brutal schedule, but they won't go 1-15 and there is zero chance they take a WR #1. If they decided not to take Barkely they would trade the pick.
Danish49ers

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man - the 9ers would really have tied a lot of money at LBers if they would pick another one in the first round.

Look for a DB (Johnthan Banks in your scenario).

In a year that looks to be the best, maybe ever, safety class I find it hard to believe that only one - Tyrann Mathieu, who I see as a FS in the NFL, is picked. The second round would be known as the the safety round then...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give MN Bray here. If MN is picking third overall, i cant see the team continuing with Ponder with a more premier prospect like Bray available.
imani

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can tell you right now, the last thing seattle will be needing next year is a dlineman

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Bengals pick. Im just not sure Ball is a 1st round RB

Btw you say the Bucs didn't upgrade the position but they took Doug Martin in the 1st so I am kind of confused.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right position wrong player. Tyler Wilson please
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with the pick. Mathieu actually reminds of Finny. I doubt he'd play CB though. We'd more than likely move him safety to replace Griffin. We're pretty much set at CB with McCourty and Verner, Hawkins and Campbell who both played pretty good last year, and then we drafted Coty Sensabaugh in the 4th and our coaching staff loves him.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan of the cornerback for Denver. I hold out hope for Tracy Porter and Omar Bolden to be our future outside starters, and of course Champ Bailey still has another couple of years on his contract beyond next season.

Of course you never know what's going to happen. Champ could regress significantly, Porter could suck, Bolden could do his ACL, but at this very early stage in the cycle I'm looking at other positions as possible first round picks next year and they are as follows.

RB - It would need to be an every down back or at least first and second to pair with Hillman, because I think this is McGahee's last year of being good.

OT - Ryan Clady is out of contract. If we end up tagging him then it might be a clever idea to draft a Tackle so that we only have a single season of an insane cap hit. Besides, our RT Orlando Franklin is a trainwreck of a fit in our scheme and should hopefully be moving to Guard if we can find a replacement.

DT - Derek Wolfe will be the 3-tech in Denver but we still need a younger run stuffer to pair with him.

MLB - Nate Irving has shown nothing and Joe Mays is a hitter only.

DE/C/S - Outside possibilities if guys like Ayers, Walton, Carter and Moore don't improve.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only seen Jake Matthews play twice but going off that limited knowledge I’m not so sure he is a LT in the NFL…if he can’t play LT then we have zero need for him at RT with Carimi here and I doubt we spend that high a pick on an OG...Webb will improve at LT under Tice now that Martz has been ran out of town so OT might not be a need by the end of the season…if it isn’t a need we should go with the best defensive playmaker available…Jonathan Banks or LB Jonathan Brown out of Illinois would both be very good fits.
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things
Jags wont be 2/14
Gabbert will be just fine
Mingo is a top 10 pick. Him.& Montgomery both will be
Its Amerson not Anderson.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post this reminder in a few spots, it hasn't been an issue yet, but let's make sure it doesn't ever become one, so be level headed when you post and focus on who your team picks, not when you team picks. Last year it would have been unlikely for people to think the Colts would have the first overall pick, so remember that when you post because you don't know how players will pan out, what players will get hurt, etc. And keep the posts civil as people commenting on draft order has caused issues in the past and has caused warnings. Everyone is doing a great job thus far, but hopefully people read this and we can keep this from being an issue at all this year.

The Gnat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: