Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grading the OL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
^^^

AKRNA I 100% understand what your saying, but I see differences in recurring injuries with a player and one time freak injuries a la Kuper. Now, Kuper may definitely never play again, I agree, the injury looked terrible, but he has not been anywhere near as oft-injured as Harris. Healthy Harris is a good player but he just isn't capable of being healthy, IMO.

I was really just trying to keep it to skill evaluation, that's all. If the question were about health I'd toss in a major red flag on Harris also. As far as Kuper, I'd be surprised if he ever misses a snap.

I guess for clarification I should have evaluated them, then tossed in flags regarding injury, off field issues, etc. I figure a "flag" for something like that is about all I'm qualified for.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
^^^

AKRNA I 100% understand what your saying, but I see differences in recurring injuries with a player and one time freak injuries a la Kuper. Now, Kuper may definitely never play again, I agree, the injury looked terrible, but he has not been anywhere near as oft-injured as Harris. Healthy Harris is a good player but he just isn't capable of being healthy, IMO.

I was really just trying to keep it to skill evaluation, that's all. If the question were about health I'd toss in a major red flag on Harris also. As far as Kuper, I'd be surprised if he ever misses a snap.

I guess for clarification I should have evaluated them, then tossed in flags regarding injury, off field issues, etc. I figure a "flag" for something like that is about all I'm qualified for.

Well, if we're going off only skill, then yes I would agree Harris is up there. His talent is undeniable.

Thanks, Tzimisce
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
^^^

Well, if we're going off only skill, then yes I would agree Harris is up there. His talent is undeniable.

The only issue i have with the injury stuff is that injuries add up. Could Ryan Harris go injury free throughout the rest of his career? Sure he could. However, with all of his injuries, missing time, and that stuff, it is highly unlikely that he is the Ryan Harris that played in '08. So his "talent" isn't what it once was.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
^^^

Yeah I agree with your evaluation on Kuper. My dad's friend is a physio for a soccer team and he says a clean leg break is way less serious than ligament damage.
bzane

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Can the freakin' Ryan Harris love stop? Why are we throwing words like "elite" around for a guy who literally cannot stay healthy, and, IMO is overrated by a ton of people around here. When healthy he is an above average RT, and that's rarely.

Our line is young and not too bad. There is room for improvement sure, but I think they will get the job done, especially because I think Blake will oust Beadles.
Because he was drafted by "Can do no wrong" Shanahan. He was a product of those last few classes that everyone thought were great but only a few of the players really turned out.

Harris was a good pass blocker, but the worst run blocker we had. Only once has he ever started 16 games and other than that only started 10 or more games twice in his 6 years. Can't really rely on him to stay healthy or be a force in the run game.

That is exactly why there is no faith in him at RT. You guys want to move Franklin to guard, that's great. Then what is your plan when 3 games in Harris is hurt? Who is playing RT? He has only played in 60% or more of the games 3 times in 7 years. That means 40% of the time the entire game plan had to be changed because you couldn't count on him to be on the field. It's laughable to slot him in at RT, move Franklin to LG and act like our line problems are fixed and those 5 guys start 16 games at those positions.

Zane maybe?

Wait, so you think it's smarter to potentially have Zane freaking Beadles at RT than Franklin. Confused

Wow, the Broncs really hit the jackpot in the 2010 Draft, didn't they?

Tim Tebow in the first. Boodle in the second (one pick ahead of the Giants taking Linval Joseph, who's a rugged DT). "John-Boy" Walton in the third.

Of course, as I recall their first-rounder in 2011 turned out pretty well....
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that the coaching staff and Elway is happy with the OL because they are doing very little to improve it? IMO I think Manning with his quick release and QB intelligence will make the OL much better now that the defense can't stack the defense to stop a run only offense!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: