Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects to keep an eye on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Zach Ertz from Stanford. I think he can be very productive and I wouldn't mind him being drafted in the second round by the Bucs. I believe will add at least 1 CB in free agency. Also, the Bucs TE position really has ok depth. Clark can catch the ball, but as an in-line blocker he isn't effective. Stocker and Bynum are good in-line blockers but really can't get down field.

Ertz can do everything and I think can be a Pro-Bowler. I would love to have a 6-6 ft TE running down the seam, the Bucs would have even more of a size of advantage with VJack, Williams, and Ertz in the red zone.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I really like Zach Ertz from Stanford. I think he can be very productive and I wouldn't mind him being drafted in the second round by the Bucs. I believe will add at least 1 CB in free agency. Also, the Bucs TE position really has ok depth. Clark can catch the ball, but as an in-line blocker he isn't effective. Stocker and Bynum are good in-line blockers but really can't get down field.

Ertz can do everything and I think can be a Pro-Bowler. I would love to have a 6-6 ft TE running down the seam, the Bucs would have even more of a size of advantage with VJack, Williams, and Ertz in the red zone.

Freeman would just overthrow him in the end zone Smile

All serious though. Ertz is my favorite TE prospect. Catches everything good route runner solid blocker. However I'm not sure if he'll declare unless he feels he's a 1st rounder. Some times these Stanford players get there degree first. Not sure where he's at in that process. If he's a RS Jr I see the chances being high.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Howard CB OSU from what ive seen i was pretty impressed. First team BIG 10.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
PewterPyrate wrote:
Has anyone taken Matt Elam into consideration for a 2-3 round talent.

Def watched him and love his style of play. Wouldn't mind him at all at centerfield for us.

Wow really?! I see Elam as strictly a SS. He actually reminds me a lot of Mark Barron. He is very good in run support, and he lays the wood and punishes he ball carrier. But he is not very good is pass coverage and at 5'10 he doesnt match up with TE very well. I dont see him being able to make a transition to FS in the NFL.

I haven't studied him specifically but play the zone fairly well. I'll watch more tape

Yea I am a huge Florida fan and scout them thoroughly throughout the whole year. And i can tell you for certain his coverage is lacking. It is kind of his only knock. I mean i think the zone he does play well is because he diagnosis' plays very well. But in man coverage i think he would get exposed.

I mean i love the kid, and i actually wish we would have taken Claiborne and then grabbed Elam in this draft, but alas, dreams are dreams. I think Elam will be a star in this league, just at the SS position and not FS.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

I dont disagree with you here, as i think Ertz is a very good player. But i just think we have far more pressing needs then a TE. Especially with the depth available at that position. I mean all of these guys are, in my opinion, very good options for our team.

1. Tyler Eifert-Notre Dame-66 249lbs
2. Zak Ertz-Stanford-66 249lbs
3. C.J. Fiedorowicz - Iowa - 66 265lbs
4. Jordan Reed-Florida-63 239lbs
5. Dion Sims-Michigan State-65 276lbs
6. Gavin Escobar - San Diego State - 65 265lbs
7. Levine Toilolo-Stanford-68 263lbs
8. Joseph Fauria-University of California Los Angeles-68 252lbs

I would really hate to take Ertz when there is a FS, DT, or DE available and then find out that we could have grabbed one of the other TE later in the draft.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
Travis Howard CB OSU from what ive seen i was pretty impressed. First team BIG 10.

Both OSU corners are studs. Roby could be a first round selection if he left this year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

I dont disagree with you here, as i think Ertz is a very good player. But i just think we have far more pressing needs then a TE. Especially with the depth available at that position. I mean all of these guys are, in my opinion, very good options for our team.

I would really hate to take Ertz when there is a FS, DT, or DE available and then find out that we could have grabbed one of the other TE later in the draft.

I understand your point about the defense and I don't want to minimize those positions because they are a need. However, our TEs are by far the worse in the division as far as production. Clark for his cap hit has been a solid addition, I'm just not so sure he can give the same production next year. Why I like Ertz in the second round is because out of those players listed above, I believe he has the best chance to become a pro-bowler. Of course, I've been wrong on many topics, so Ertz just has as much chance of being a bust.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

I understand your point about the defense and I don't want to minimize those positions because they are a need. However, our TEs are by far the worse in the division as far as production. Clark for his cap hit has been a solid addition, I'm just not so sure he can give the same production next year. Why I like Ertz in the second round is because out of those players listed above, I believe he has the best chance to become a pro-bowler. Of course, I've been wrong on many topics, so Ertz just has as much chance of being a bust.

I think too many people are hard on Dallas Clark. There are many times I've seen him get open, and Freeman just doesn't see him. Carolina game, the play before Martin fumbles in the endzone, Free looks right and Dallas Clark is WIDE OPEN on the left flat for an easy score.

We do need a TE, yes, but I think it depends on who declares. Eifert I think will. Ertz and Reed are questionable in that department. I think if they're not sure-fire 1st rounders, they come back for their Senior Years, in that case I'd settle for a guy like Jake Stoneburner, who has really impressed me out of Ohio State.
Seminolebuc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy I'd like the bucs to look at is Travis Kelce TE from Cincy. He's 6'5 260 and can MOVE as long as block very well.

Look at this catch at 1:15 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPS5eCLMh3g

Props to Eggy
Adopt-a-Buc
Josh Freeman
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seminolebuc wrote:
A guy I'd like the bucs to look at is Travis Kelce TE from Cincy. He's 6'5 260 and can MOVE as long as block very well.

Look at this catch at 1:15 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPS5eCLMh3g

Good call. I was watching it live and I couldn't believe how fast he was moving in the open field.

The link didn't work, though. I think this takes you to the same highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPS5eCLMh3g

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

I think too many people are hard on Dallas Clark. There are many times I've seen him get open, and Freeman just doesn't see him. Carolina game, the play before Martin fumbles in the endzone, Free looks right and Dallas Clark is WIDE OPEN on the left flat for an easy score.

We do need a TE, yes, but I think it depends on who declares. Eifert I think will. Ertz and Reed are questionable in that department. I think if they're not sure-fire 1st rounders, they come back for their Senior Years, in that case I'd settle for a guy like Jake Stoneburner, who has really impressed me out of Ohio State.

Ehh I think Clark is producing as much as he really should/can. I like Clark, big fan of his. But at this point in his career he doesn't gain much separation/isn't much of a vertical option/can't run block. He's extremely reliable and he can catch the football, and I don't think he's been a problem. But imagine our offense the way it was clicking before December and put a guy like Eifert/Reed in it.
BBando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Michael Williams TE from Alabama as a UDFA. He is an elite blocking TE. But I'm thinking we can boost him up for two years and turn him into a RT.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
What do you guys think about Michael Williams TE from Alabama as a UDFA. He is an elite blocking TE. But I'm thinking we can boost him up for two years and turn him into a RT.

I would use a late round pick on him. He's a big reason to Bama's success running the ball the last 3 years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: