Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects to keep an eye on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
Lattimore declared. Would you guys be willing to take a chance on him late?
Yes. 6th round maybe 5th. Blount is gone.
I think he goes in the 2nd round or 3rd round. Remember, Willis McGahee blew his knee in the National Championship vs OSU and he still went like #21 overall. Then you have the Frank Gore case. He blew his knee and dropped to the third and the 49ers got a steal. For us to get Lattimore - which we don't need I wouldn't use a pick until like the 5th but realistically he will fall somewhere between round 2-3.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be rooting for Lattimore, that is for sure. The RB depth chart I think is kind of up in the air. Certainly Martin is the starter, Blount probably doesn't return. I think Ware is just a guy who really hasn't done much. Smith has great speed, I wonder if they don't trust in pass protection yet, that is why he hasn't been active. I wouldn't be shocked to see them draft a RB around the 4th round.
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to take a shot at Lattimore in the later rounds. He's shown he can get past injuries before, and he seems to be a high-character guy. Just having a player that works that hard in the locker room can breathe some life into a locker room.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That injury looked absolutley downright horrible. They were saying his career might be over after that. He really should go back to school to prove he can play but I think he wantes to get paid.

I t hink Lattimore will go anywhere from the 5th to an UDFA. I wouldn't mibd using a late pick on him. Lattimore is a high character guy anf is a very hard worker. I doubt Blount is back and Ware is norhing special. I would like to see us sign someone like Stevan Jackson or Cadillac Willams and then use a late pick on Lattimore.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That injury looked absolutley downright horrible. They were saying his career might be over after that. He really should go back to school to prove he can play but I think he wantes to get paid.

I t hink Lattimore will go anywhere from the 5th to an UDFA. I wouldn't mibd using a late pick on him. Lattimore is a high character guy anf is a very hard worker. I doubt Blount is back and Ware is norhing special. I would like to see us sign someone like Stevan Jackson or Cadillac Willams and then use a late pick on Lattimore.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lattimore will be drafted before then end of the second day. Honestly I wouldnt mind using our second 4th on him from the Pats if we keep it. Him+Martin+Smith would be great IMO.

I still wish we got Demps or Holliday to return kicks for us. I know Demps is IR but I think that was all a hoax by BB....He didnt want to have 5 RBs on the roster. He is probably training him to be a Slot guy.

So next question to all you guys, what do you think of EJ Manuel? We need a young guy to groom, and someone to push Freeman. Where would you draft him? Would you want to? Personally it wouldnt be a bad idea to do so...just want to know your guys thoughts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Lattimore will be drafted before then end of the second day. Honestly I wouldnt mind using our second 4th on him from the Pats if we keep it. Him+Martin+Smith would be great IMO.

I still wish we got Demps or Holliday to return kicks for us. I know Demps is IR but I think that was all a hoax by BB....He didnt want to have 5 RBs on the roster. He is probably training him to be a Slot guy.

So next question to all you guys, what do you think of EJ Manuel? We need a young guy to groom, and someone to push Freeman. Where would you draft him? Would you want to? Personally it wouldnt be a bad idea to do so...just want to know your guys thoughts

He just doesn't jump out to me, not sure what it is though. I would say anywhere between the 3rd or 5th. It all depends on how Freeman ends the season. I would be between Dysert, Bray, Barkley or Nassib, even if we are talking the 3rd. Not sure if I see Bray or Barkley falling that far but it could happen. If we waited I wouldn't mind going Jones, Glennon or Manuel. Also wouldn't mind looking at Boyd but not sure if he is declaring. I definitely wouldn't mind looking for that backup to train and to me most of these guys have a decent floor with potential.

I just don't think Schiano wants that mobile QB, to me he is looking for someone like Eli. Surprised more people have talked about going after Flacco.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuel has such an amazing throw. So fluid, so easy. That being said, his accuracy is worse than Freeman's.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If in taking a qb to sit behind freeman to push him and develop as a potential replacement it's Aaron Murray. Everything he does reminds me of drew Brees. Every scouting report I see is knocking his height as the main weakness of area. If he's got all the tools why can't be be successful at 6''1 ?
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
If in taking a qb to sit behind freeman to push him and develop as a potential replacement it's Aaron Murray. Everything he does reminds me of drew Brees. Every scouting report I see is knocking his height as the main weakness of area. If he's got all the tools why can't be be successful at 6''1 ?

I haven't scouted him but have watched him play against Florida and numerous other games, and was not impressed.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I haven't scouted him but have watched him play against Florida and numerous other games, and was not impressed.

1. I dont think Murray comes out this year
2. Im not a huge fan of his game....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the consensus on Tavon Austin? A very intriguing talent. Will he be closer to Harvin in all around ability or Desean Jackson a speedster who is limited because of his size?

He is such a game breaker in college, I think if he has a good combine with his measureables in particular weight, speed, and strength - I wonder if he would go top 20?
5nick5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
What's the consensus on Tavon Austin? A very intriguing talent. Will he be closer to Harvin in all around ability or Desean Jackson a speedster who is limited because of his size?

He is such a game breaker in college, I think if he has a good combine with his measureables in particular weight, speed, and strength - I wonder if he would go top 20?

I don't think he'll get picked top-20. Maybe late 1st-round, early 2nd-round at best. His size could be a real turn off, despite the success of Percy Harvin and DeSean Jackson.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

I might be in the minority, but I would love him in the second round. We have little to no speed on this team still and no returner worth a dang...

If he interviews well and has a meeting with Freeman and can get on the same page, he would be dynamite for this offense.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

We could use his play-making ability - perfect fit for us in the second round. Too small to go in the first round but he will be coveted in the second round. An ideal #3 WR, beast PR/KR and we can give him some carries at RB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: