Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39972
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thing about tweaking his mechanics is fine. Tom Brady is said to work on his mechanics with Tom Martinez every offseason. Good for Tom... good for Alex... good for any team's QB that wants to clean up their fundamentals.

Anyone making a big deal of this is really reaching for anything to stir up the Alex debate that soils forums just like this one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13262
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SickofMediocre wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SickofMediocre wrote:

SickofMediocre wrote:
Right. Norv Turner, Mike Mccarthy, Mike Martz. They all don't care about mechanics.

Humor me some more please.


y2lamanaki wrote:
Which one of those fully developed a quarterback in one year again? In their second season as 49ers offensive coordinator, which of the three had time to correct his mechanics? Recognize that McCarthy didn't have a full offseason with him and he had to adjust to the NFL, Turner did a great job of teaching him basics and correcting the rookie year problems Alex had, but then left. And Martz was never really interested in working with Alex to begin with, as his guy was blatantly obvious, and blatantly terrible.


Turner had Rivers playing at an above average rate his first year working with him. Rodgers we don't know about because he was sitting behind a HOF QB. For all we know he may well have been ready to go earlier, maybe he wasn't ready. We'll never know. Alex's season with Turner also wasn't that good. Huge improvement? Sure. Still belowaverage QB production? Yes.



The point people are trying to make is that both Rodgers and Rivers had time to work on the mechanics, whereas Alex had to split his time between mechanics and learning a new offense, the latter taking the bulk of it.

Yes, Rivers did perform his first year under Turner. But that was also his third season in the NFL, after two sitting behind Brees, throwing a total of 30 passes. He had plenty of time to work on mechanics, get adjusted to the NFL, bla bla bla. He didn't have to constantly split his time and allot a disproportionate amount of it to learning playbooks over and over again.


Maybe I am missing something, but how is it that a QB who is on the bench gets to work on their mechanics more then someone who is a starter? I've always been under the impression that QB1 is getting the most snaps in practice. So you would think that having the more reps would give you even more time to work on your mechanics than the guy who is getting the lower amount of reps.



When you get reps in practice, you practice plays. When you're working on mechanics, it's never during team practices. It's by taking drops with a coach watching, and usually one receiver to act as a target.

When you're in a team practice, working on timing and execution, the coaches have to coordinate the ensemble of players, and can't always stop the practice to give pointers to the QB, who also has lots of other things on his mind (aka the play they're running).

Is it clear now? Practice reps are for play execution. Position drills are for technique. When you're implementing a new playbook, you are forced to spend more time on execution at the expense of position drills. Seems pretty obvious.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SickofMediocre


Joined: 05 May 2012
Posts: 68
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SickofMediocre wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SickofMediocre wrote:

SickofMediocre wrote:
Right. Norv Turner, Mike Mccarthy, Mike Martz. They all don't care about mechanics.

Humor me some more please.


y2lamanaki wrote:
Which one of those fully developed a quarterback in one year again? In their second season as 49ers offensive coordinator, which of the three had time to correct his mechanics? Recognize that McCarthy didn't have a full offseason with him and he had to adjust to the NFL, Turner did a great job of teaching him basics and correcting the rookie year problems Alex had, but then left. And Martz was never really interested in working with Alex to begin with, as his guy was blatantly obvious, and blatantly terrible.


Turner had Rivers playing at an above average rate his first year working with him. Rodgers we don't know about because he was sitting behind a HOF QB. For all we know he may well have been ready to go earlier, maybe he wasn't ready. We'll never know. Alex's season with Turner also wasn't that good. Huge improvement? Sure. Still belowaverage QB production? Yes.



The point people are trying to make is that both Rodgers and Rivers had time to work on the mechanics, whereas Alex had to split his time between mechanics and learning a new offense, the latter taking the bulk of it.

Yes, Rivers did perform his first year under Turner. But that was also his third season in the NFL, after two sitting behind Brees, throwing a total of 30 passes. He had plenty of time to work on mechanics, get adjusted to the NFL, bla bla bla. He didn't have to constantly split his time and allot a disproportionate amount of it to learning playbooks over and over again.


Maybe I am missing something, but how is it that a QB who is on the bench gets to work on their mechanics more then someone who is a starter? I've always been under the impression that QB1 is getting the most snaps in practice. So you would think that having the more reps would give you even more time to work on your mechanics than the guy who is getting the lower amount of reps.



When you get reps in practice, you practice plays. When you're working on mechanics, it's never during team practices. It's by taking drops with a coach watching, and usually one receiver to act as a target.

When you're in a team practice, working on timing and execution, the coaches have to coordinate the ensemble of players, and can't always stop the practice to give pointers to the QB, who also has lots of other things on his mind (aka the play they're running).

Is it clear now? Practice reps are for play execution. Position drills are for technique. When you're implementing a new playbook, you are forced to spend more time on execution at the expense of position drills. Seems pretty obvious.


So you're saying QB1 gets less work at position drills than QB2 does? Do you have a link to evidence supporting this?
_________________



Year 8 is the year, I always say!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
EverythingSF


Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Posts: 3035
Location: Merced, CA
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SickofMediocre wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SickofMediocre wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SickofMediocre wrote:

SickofMediocre wrote:
Right. Norv Turner, Mike Mccarthy, Mike Martz. They all don't care about mechanics.

Humor me some more please.


y2lamanaki wrote:
Which one of those fully developed a quarterback in one year again? In their second season as 49ers offensive coordinator, which of the three had time to correct his mechanics? Recognize that McCarthy didn't have a full offseason with him and he had to adjust to the NFL, Turner did a great job of teaching him basics and correcting the rookie year problems Alex had, but then left. And Martz was never really interested in working with Alex to begin with, as his guy was blatantly obvious, and blatantly terrible.


Turner had Rivers playing at an above average rate his first year working with him. Rodgers we don't know about because he was sitting behind a HOF QB. For all we know he may well have been ready to go earlier, maybe he wasn't ready. We'll never know. Alex's season with Turner also wasn't that good. Huge improvement? Sure. Still belowaverage QB production? Yes.



The point people are trying to make is that both Rodgers and Rivers had time to work on the mechanics, whereas Alex had to split his time between mechanics and learning a new offense, the latter taking the bulk of it.

Yes, Rivers did perform his first year under Turner. But that was also his third season in the NFL, after two sitting behind Brees, throwing a total of 30 passes. He had plenty of time to work on mechanics, get adjusted to the NFL, bla bla bla. He didn't have to constantly split his time and allot a disproportionate amount of it to learning playbooks over and over again.


Maybe I am missing something, but how is it that a QB who is on the bench gets to work on their mechanics more then someone who is a starter? I've always been under the impression that QB1 is getting the most snaps in practice. So you would think that having the more reps would give you even more time to work on your mechanics than the guy who is getting the lower amount of reps.



When you get reps in practice, you practice plays. When you're working on mechanics, it's never during team practices. It's by taking drops with a coach watching, and usually one receiver to act as a target.

When you're in a team practice, working on timing and execution, the coaches have to coordinate the ensemble of players, and can't always stop the practice to give pointers to the QB, who also has lots of other things on his mind (aka the play they're running).

Is it clear now? Practice reps are for play execution. Position drills are for technique. When you're implementing a new playbook, you are forced to spend more time on execution at the expense of position drills. Seems pretty obvious.


So you're saying QB1 gets less work at position drills than QB2 does? Do you have a link to evidence supporting this?


Do you have one to prove otherwise?
_________________

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13262
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SickofMediocre wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SickofMediocre wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SickofMediocre wrote:

SickofMediocre wrote:
Right. Norv Turner, Mike Mccarthy, Mike Martz. They all don't care about mechanics.

Humor me some more please.


y2lamanaki wrote:
Which one of those fully developed a quarterback in one year again? In their second season as 49ers offensive coordinator, which of the three had time to correct his mechanics? Recognize that McCarthy didn't have a full offseason with him and he had to adjust to the NFL, Turner did a great job of teaching him basics and correcting the rookie year problems Alex had, but then left. And Martz was never really interested in working with Alex to begin with, as his guy was blatantly obvious, and blatantly terrible.


Turner had Rivers playing at an above average rate his first year working with him. Rodgers we don't know about because he was sitting behind a HOF QB. For all we know he may well have been ready to go earlier, maybe he wasn't ready. We'll never know. Alex's season with Turner also wasn't that good. Huge improvement? Sure. Still belowaverage QB production? Yes.



The point people are trying to make is that both Rodgers and Rivers had time to work on the mechanics, whereas Alex had to split his time between mechanics and learning a new offense, the latter taking the bulk of it.

Yes, Rivers did perform his first year under Turner. But that was also his third season in the NFL, after two sitting behind Brees, throwing a total of 30 passes. He had plenty of time to work on mechanics, get adjusted to the NFL, bla bla bla. He didn't have to constantly split his time and allot a disproportionate amount of it to learning playbooks over and over again.


Maybe I am missing something, but how is it that a QB who is on the bench gets to work on their mechanics more then someone who is a starter? I've always been under the impression that QB1 is getting the most snaps in practice. So you would think that having the more reps would give you even more time to work on your mechanics than the guy who is getting the lower amount of reps.



When you get reps in practice, you practice plays. When you're working on mechanics, it's never during team practices. It's by taking drops with a coach watching, and usually one receiver to act as a target.

When you're in a team practice, working on timing and execution, the coaches have to coordinate the ensemble of players, and can't always stop the practice to give pointers to the QB, who also has lots of other things on his mind (aka the play they're running).

Is it clear now? Practice reps are for play execution. Position drills are for technique. When you're implementing a new playbook, you are forced to spend more time on execution at the expense of position drills. Seems pretty obvious.


So you're saying QB1 gets less work at position drills than QB2 does? Do you have a link to evidence supporting this?



Do you think QB2 just sits down and does nothing while QB1 takes reps? If he does, he shouldn't be in the NFL.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SickofMediocre


Joined: 05 May 2012
Posts: 68
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingSF wrote:
SickofMediocre wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SickofMediocre wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SickofMediocre wrote:

SickofMediocre wrote:
Right. Norv Turner, Mike Mccarthy, Mike Martz. They all don't care about mechanics.

Humor me some more please.


y2lamanaki wrote:
Which one of those fully developed a quarterback in one year again? In their second season as 49ers offensive coordinator, which of the three had time to correct his mechanics? Recognize that McCarthy didn't have a full offseason with him and he had to adjust to the NFL, Turner did a great job of teaching him basics and correcting the rookie year problems Alex had, but then left. And Martz was never really interested in working with Alex to begin with, as his guy was blatantly obvious, and blatantly terrible.


Turner had Rivers playing at an above average rate his first year working with him. Rodgers we don't know about because he was sitting behind a HOF QB. For all we know he may well have been ready to go earlier, maybe he wasn't ready. We'll never know. Alex's season with Turner also wasn't that good. Huge improvement? Sure. Still belowaverage QB production? Yes.



The point people are trying to make is that both Rodgers and Rivers had time to work on the mechanics, whereas Alex had to split his time between mechanics and learning a new offense, the latter taking the bulk of it.

Yes, Rivers did perform his first year under Turner. But that was also his third season in the NFL, after two sitting behind Brees, throwing a total of 30 passes. He had plenty of time to work on mechanics, get adjusted to the NFL, bla bla bla. He didn't have to constantly split his time and allot a disproportionate amount of it to learning playbooks over and over again.


Maybe I am missing something, but how is it that a QB who is on the bench gets to work on their mechanics more then someone who is a starter? I've always been under the impression that QB1 is getting the most snaps in practice. So you would think that having the more reps would give you even more time to work on your mechanics than the guy who is getting the lower amount of reps.



When you get reps in practice, you practice plays. When you're working on mechanics, it's never during team practices. It's by taking drops with a coach watching, and usually one receiver to act as a target.

When you're in a team practice, working on timing and execution, the coaches have to coordinate the ensemble of players, and can't always stop the practice to give pointers to the QB, who also has lots of other things on his mind (aka the play they're running).

Is it clear now? Practice reps are for play execution. Position drills are for technique. When you're implementing a new playbook, you are forced to spend more time on execution at the expense of position drills. Seems pretty obvious.


So you're saying QB1 gets less work at position drills than QB2 does? Do you have a link to evidence supporting this?


Do you have one to prove otherwise?


I wasn't the one making any claim in the 1st place. The burden of proof falls on the accuser. I find it awfully fishy that these other QB's got all this extra time to work on mechanics because they were riding the bench rather than Smith who started early into his career. If I'm wrong, so be it. I'd just like to see something evidence-wise that would support this theory.
_________________



Year 8 is the year, I always say!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
EverythingSF


Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Posts: 3035
Location: Merced, CA
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SickofMediocre wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:


Do you have one to prove otherwise?


I wasn't the one making any claim in the 1st place. The burden of proof falls on the accuser. I find it awfully fishy that these other QB's got all this extra time to work on mechanics because they were riding the bench rather than Smith who started early into his career. If I'm wrong, so be it. I'd just like to see something evidence-wise that would support this theory.


I agree, the burden of the proof does fall on the accuseD. I just find it a bit hypocritical here that you are able to draw the conclusion that Matt Flynn is better than Alex because "anyone with the common knowledge to judge a QB can see it (paraphrased)" without having to provide a link, yet then when someone else states something they have to prove a link to there opinion. You can't have it both ways
_________________

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink


Last edited by EverythingSF on Wed May 09, 2012 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13262
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SickofMediocre wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SickofMediocre wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SickofMediocre wrote:

SickofMediocre wrote:
Right. Norv Turner, Mike Mccarthy, Mike Martz. They all don't care about mechanics.

Humor me some more please.


y2lamanaki wrote:
Which one of those fully developed a quarterback in one year again? In their second season as 49ers offensive coordinator, which of the three had time to correct his mechanics? Recognize that McCarthy didn't have a full offseason with him and he had to adjust to the NFL, Turner did a great job of teaching him basics and correcting the rookie year problems Alex had, but then left. And Martz was never really interested in working with Alex to begin with, as his guy was blatantly obvious, and blatantly terrible.


Turner had Rivers playing at an above average rate his first year working with him. Rodgers we don't know about because he was sitting behind a HOF QB. For all we know he may well have been ready to go earlier, maybe he wasn't ready. We'll never know. Alex's season with Turner also wasn't that good. Huge improvement? Sure. Still belowaverage QB production? Yes.



The point people are trying to make is that both Rodgers and Rivers had time to work on the mechanics, whereas Alex had to split his time between mechanics and learning a new offense, the latter taking the bulk of it.

Yes, Rivers did perform his first year under Turner. But that was also his third season in the NFL, after two sitting behind Brees, throwing a total of 30 passes. He had plenty of time to work on mechanics, get adjusted to the NFL, bla bla bla. He didn't have to constantly split his time and allot a disproportionate amount of it to learning playbooks over and over again.


Maybe I am missing something, but how is it that a QB who is on the bench gets to work on their mechanics more then someone who is a starter? I've always been under the impression that QB1 is getting the most snaps in practice. So you would think that having the more reps would give you even more time to work on your mechanics than the guy who is getting the lower amount of reps.



When you get reps in practice, you practice plays. When you're working on mechanics, it's never during team practices. It's by taking drops with a coach watching, and usually one receiver to act as a target.

When you're in a team practice, working on timing and execution, the coaches have to coordinate the ensemble of players, and can't always stop the practice to give pointers to the QB, who also has lots of other things on his mind (aka the play they're running).

Is it clear now? Practice reps are for play execution. Position drills are for technique. When you're implementing a new playbook, you are forced to spend more time on execution at the expense of position drills. Seems pretty obvious.


So you're saying QB1 gets less work at position drills than QB2 does? Do you have a link to evidence supporting this?



Isn't it just obvious? Imagine you're a team's head coach. What would you have your young promising QB2 do? Just sit and watch while QB1 practices? Or would you have him at the other end of the field, with an assistant and a camera, dropping back, practicing footwork and throwing motions, etc. Really, what would you do, as a head coach? And as that promising young QB, what would you yourself do? Would you sit and watch while someone else practices, or would you work on your craft in the hope the added work will give you an edge at some point? Really, logically, tell me. Isn't it just obvious?
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 9872
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SickofMediocre wrote:
Turner had Rivers playing at an above average rate his first year working with him.


Okay, so above average = 277 of 460 for 3152 yards, 21 TDs, 15 INTs, 82.4 QBR

Certainly, those look like above average numbers to me. What Norv Turner got when he worked with Rivers is a former first round pick who was a Pro Bowl quarterback the season prior.

Quote:
Alex's season with Turner also wasn't that good. Huge improvement? Sure. Still belowaverage QB production? Yes.


Okay, so below average = 257 of 442 for 2890 yards, 16 TDs, 16 INTs, 74.8 QBR

So for anyone willing to pay attention, the difference between "above average" and "below average" is 20 more completions (a completion percentage of 2 percentage points higher), 262 yards, 5 TDs, and 1 INT. Boy you don't give a whole lot of room for "average," do you? Of course, Alex DID add two TDs via the ground which Rivers did not, as well as an extra 98 yards on the ground, so total difference then moves to:

20 completions, 164 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 INT = difference between "above average" season with Philip Rivers and "below average" season with Alex Smith.

Major difference there. Now I can see where this hatred is coming from. Norv Turner took a former first round pick in Philip Rivers, who was in the league for 3 seasons, and a Pro Bowler the year before, and got him 20 more completions, 164 yards more, 3 extra TDs, and 1 less INT than a former first round pick in Alex Smith, who only had one terrible year in the league.

Yes, the differences are staggering. Certainly more than enough to label one "above average" and the other "below average," or is there something else involved here? Maybe some underlying unnecessary unbridled hatred for a certain 49ers QB?

You may, however, be referring to the records of the two teams. The 2006 49ers were 7-9. The 2007 Chargers were 11-5. But of course, to do that would overlook the fact that the 2007 Chargers ranked 5th in points allowed (284). The 2006 49ers ranked dead last (412). Certainly, we can both accept that it played a role in those records, right?

Oh, and almost forgot - Alex lost 4 of 10 fumbles. Rivers lost 5 of 11. So that turnover margin is 100% equal. Just an interesting tidbit!

But right...forgot...I'm shocked! Point made! Shocked


Quote:
1) A post like that? My post was sarcasm directed at the thought that none of these coaches care about mechanics. Nowehere in that post did I say "Smith sux". So really, just what in the hell is your point again?


No, you really didn't have to come out and say "Smith sucks" when you'll do anything in your power to try and prove he's no good, or "below average," indicate to everyone willing to listen that he's no good or you of course being "sick of mediocre." Now, you can try and hide behind your words that it was "sarcasm" and that you don't "hate" or whatever you'd like to spew, but the fact is - you and I both know that's not the case. All of your posts are intended to get a rise out of people, be it intentionally or subconsciously. Your intent on this website is to do nothing more than disparage the current 49ers quarterback. How do I know that? With a history as rich as ours, with as many players as there are to choose from throughout the history of the franchise, or even out of the league-leading amount of Pro Bowlers we sent last year - you created your handle with the sole purpose of combating Alex Smith. That shows to me that you have no interest in the team, but only hatred for one player. There are plenty of us here who believe things very similar to what you do. Both of your moderators, myself included, have argued that Alex Smith was mediocre at best, and would never amount to anything. In 2 separate arguments during last offseason, I was challenged to put aside my thoughts, and judge him on his first offensive head coach. The difference, between these posters and yourself - they didn't sign up with user names disparaging the QB (although all of us have signed up after Alex Smith's rookie season at this point - to my knowledge). Few of us post only about Alex. And our posts weren't dripping with sarcasm and vitriol as yours do. Why? Because our intent was never to troll (and believe me, I will get to that).

Quote:
2) My signature? That tells you my level of hate, huh? Outstanding.


Yeah, because a photo dripping with sarcasm combined with "Year 8 is the year, I always say" referencing Alex's 8th season in the league have NOTHING to say about your level of hate, right?

Quote:
I had a few posts in the general forum correcting some BS as it regards to Smith. I assume that is against the law here? I mean seriously dude, can you please get a grip? LMAO. I don't troll. "Trolling" would be replying to every post I see and saying Smith sux.


No, sir. You are entirely mistaken. The forum rules on this website include this one:

Quote:
3. Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.


That's it. That's the definition of "trolling."

All you have been doing, is posting posts designed to rile up the Alex Smith believers, and incite them into flame wars by doing nothing but coating every single one of your posts with your own invective attitude. You have not only been called out on that by myself, but by other members. So, if you're not doing it intentionally - realize that just about everyone else is picking up on it, and the needs of the many will far outweigh the needs of the few, so you'd be the odd man out. Whether or not you agree is entirely immaterial in this instance - you are the definition of a troll by this board. I'm telling you this only once - if you wish to say here, I suggest you post more respectively of others.

Now, since you are obviously entirely unfamiliar with the forum rules (odd the way you seem to carry yourself like you know everyone already), here they are. Read them. Understand them. Abide by them. Simple as that:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9338/url

Quote:
You may not agree with my views, but I always back them up with reason.


Really?

SickofMediocre wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:
Do you have one to prove otherwise?


I wasn't the one making any claim in the 1st place. The burden of proof falls on the accuser.


You did a fantastic job of backing up your view with reason there. I've always enjoyed the "I don't have to prove my point because I wasn't accused first" defense.

And by the way, as a head's up- you were the "accuser."

Quote:
There's a certain amendment in the freaking constitution that says I'm allowed to speak my mind.


Rule #8:

Quote:
8. You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.


Now, if you wish for me to explain to you how incredibly wrong you are with that statement, you may contact me personally via email, and I'll be happy to discuss that in a non-Football's Future-setting. However, any other post about the Constitution, politics, government or what not here will result in an instant warning. Now that I've posted a link to the rules which you clearly have not read, I expect you'll be able to follow all of them.

Quote:
If I'm not attacking posters, or trolling, then I see nothing wrong with what I post. If you want to be biased and levy out warnings because you don't like my style of posting, that would be a joke, but seeing as how I don't take the internet as seriously as you appear to, have at it.


There's an inherent flaw to the bolded logic. One, the webmaster of this website, which operates as a business, has constructed a list of rules that he wants his members to follow in order to keep a civil environment that a majority of customers (forum members) would wish to be involved with. He has entrusted myself and others to moderate these rules. What you think is the right or wrong way to post - is completely irrelevant. Fact is - if you wish to be here, which you are more than welcome to, you have to follow those rules. Unfortunately, you don't get to interpret them. If you don't like them - fine. There are hundreds of other 49ers forums on the Internet that you can seek out and post in the manner you wish. However, while you are here - these are the rules, and they are not up for discussion.

Quote:
Well glad to see you aren't biased here. But I still think you are making too many judgements off of a signature and username.


No - the judgements I make are off of the posts you make. The signature and the username are what I use to back up my inherent aptitude regarding my instincts on them.

So to sum up: I don't need you to agree with everything I've just said here. I do, however, need you to follow it if you wish to continue being a member.
_________________


Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 28th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 178
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 872
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22730
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^ Here. We. Go.

oldman9er wrote:
This whole thing about tweaking his mechanics is fine. Tom Brady is said to work on his mechanics with Tom Martinez every offseason. Good for Tom... good for Alex... good for any team's QB that wants to clean up their fundamentals.

Anyone making a big deal of this is really reaching for anything to stir up the Alex debate that soils forums just like this one.


This. Imo, a QB is never really done perfecting his motion, it's something that's worked on every year. Little tweaks here and there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13262
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
This whole thing about tweaking his mechanics is fine. Tom Brady is said to work on his mechanics with Tom Martinez every offseason. Good for Tom... good for Alex... good for any team's QB that wants to clean up their fundamentals.




Oldman, you're wrong! Tom Martinez died three months ago. Will anyone argue with me, this time?!


Wink
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EverythingSF


Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Posts: 3035
Location: Merced, CA
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
This whole thing about tweaking his mechanics is fine. Tom Brady is said to work on his mechanics with Tom Martinez every offseason. Good for Tom... good for Alex... good for any team's QB that wants to clean up their fundamentals.




Oldman, you're wrong! Tom Martinez died three months ago. Will anyone argue with me, this time?!


Wink


Tom Martinez actually made "how to" tapes so that Brady could continue to learn from him
_________________

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22730
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingSF wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
This whole thing about tweaking his mechanics is fine. Tom Brady is said to work on his mechanics with Tom Martinez every offseason. Good for Tom... good for Alex... good for any team's QB that wants to clean up their fundamentals.




Oldman, you're wrong! Tom Martinez died three months ago. Will anyone argue with me, this time?!


Wink


Tom Martinez actually made "how to" tapes so that Brady could continue to learn from him


Unfortunately he couldn't do anything for Brady's hair.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EverythingSF


Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Posts: 3035
Location: Merced, CA
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
This whole thing about tweaking his mechanics is fine. Tom Brady is said to work on his mechanics with Tom Martinez every offseason. Good for Tom... good for Alex... good for any team's QB that wants to clean up their fundamentals.




Oldman, you're wrong! Tom Martinez died three months ago. Will anyone argue with me, this time?!


Wink


Tom Martinez actually made "how to" tapes so that Brady could continue to learn from him


Unfortunately he couldn't do anything for Brady's hair.



I heard he did improve his dancing though and we all know that was a more pressing need than the hair
_________________

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22539
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSH

If Matt Cassel can worth 60 million throwing to the freak, so can ALEX SMITH! Cool
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group