Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

I found it. It was the Bucs after week 11.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2010/11/21/post-game-14/

Quote:
-Bucs linebacker Niko Koutouvides said he knew when the 49ers were going to pass and when Troy Smith was going to roll out by tells given away by the offensive and Frank Gore.

Frustrating. Did a bit of searching, but couldn't find. I'm starting to get resigned into doubting my memory on this. Could have sworn there was a KC defender boasting the same thing after the week 3 game.. Confused

Whatever... guess in the grand scheme, it doesn't much matter.

Keep drinking them brooskies, your memories fine... Wink

Chiefs D costs 49ers offensive coordinator his job
Quote:
Reports say that Chiefs defenders were calling out the 49ers’ plays correctly before the snap. Raye was fired only 18 hours after receiving the dreaded “Vote of Confidence.”
http://chiefscommand.com/kansas-

http://chiefscommand.com/kansas-city-chiefs/chiefs-d-costs-49ers-offensive-coordinator-his-job

Looks like both our memories are correct. Laughing

I can't agree with that article title though. The Chiefs D did not cost Raye his job, Raye did.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I remember whenever Morgan or maybe it was Walker would motion then com back near the QB with their back turned to the QB was always a run up the middle. We all could have called better plays than that. Laughing

That was terrible Laughing

Deadpulse on the sig
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I remember whenever Morgan or maybe it was Walker would motion then com back near the QB with their back turned to the QB was always a run up the middle. We all could have called better plays than that. Laughing

I remember the whole Jimmy Raye era, it was bad. I remember a lot of people got excited because he was TG's OC back in the old days and we thought VD would break out.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I remember the whole Jimmy Raye era, it was bad. I remember a lot of people got excited because he was TG's OC back in the old days and we thought VD would break out.

I do remember anyone getting excited over Raye.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Rice: 49ers should take diaper off Alex Smith

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/27/jerry-rice-49ers-should-take-diaper-off-alex-smith/

Quote:
Smith had a good season running an offense that asked him to avoid mistakes first and foremost and, at the risk of sounding like a diabolical doubter, their “evaluation” of Peyton Manning sent a pretty strong message that they wanted something more at the quarterback spot.

Former 49ers wide receiver Jerry Rice likely agrees with that thought, although he doesn’t seem to have any problem with Smith being the guy asked to do more. Nate Davis of USA Today reports that Rice expressed that opinion in emphatic terms.

“I seriously think they got to take the diaper off this guy and let him play,” said Rice. “Let him be a grown man.”

-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/27/jerry-rice-49ers-should-take-diaper-off-alex-smith/

Quote:
Smith had a good season running an offense that asked him to avoid mistakes first and foremost and, at the risk of sounding like a diabolical doubter, their “evaluation” of Peyton Manning sent a pretty strong message that they wanted something more at the quarterback spot.

Former 49ers wide receiver Jerry Rice likely agrees with that thought, although he doesn’t seem to have any problem with Smith being the guy asked to do more. Nate Davis of USA Today reports that Rice expressed that opinion in emphatic terms.

“I seriously think they got to take the diaper off this guy and let him play,” said Rice. “Let him be a grown man.”
He did look that way at times. In the playoff win against the Saints he didn't have one on that's for sure. I think when the pressure is on and Alex can't over think things, he's one of the best in the league. Unfortunately, that's not the best types of games to be in.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:

Quote:

I agree, but I would have worded it differently. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film study: Alex Smith’s story is a tearjerker
(A must watch for all 49er fans)
Quote:
Even Smith’s remaining antagonists can enjoy it. Smith’s redemptive tale bookends Ware’s film, which is half cathartic story and half 2011 Niners’ highlight video.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/05/film-study-alex-smiths-story-is-a-tearjerker/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Quote:
Even Smith’s remaining antagonists can enjoy it. Smith’s redemptive tale bookends Ware’s film, which is half cathartic story and half 2011 Niners’ highlight video.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/05/film-study-alex-smiths-story-is-a-tearjerker/

For an student film, that was amazing!!! I got choked up a couple of times. Thanks for sharing! I'll be passing this on to my friends...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Quote:

Well, he's an editing student so I didn't expect it to be perfect. However, he had a real good choice of soundtrack, but he could of cut a fair amount of time down. What he should of done to bring the whole ressurection of this franchise full circle is before the drive of the catch III he should of cut back to the drives of the Catch 1 and 2. If he did that I would of maybe had some tears. Tonally speaking, he got it down nicely. Good use of graphics, that graphic of double digit wins and then bam....losing is still just jaw dropping.

Sports are amazing, they really are. I'm in the film industry, which is littered with artist, eccentrics and nerds. I love them, but sometimes they don't "get" why people love sports. The way I always explain it to them is when you follow a team, you're not just following players. You're following a dynamic story and often times with players we grew up watching. You see how players have grown from men into boys and how many obstacles they have to overcome. Any person, artist or not, should be able to appreciate a story like that. There is this element especially with me of having childhood memories of going to the 49er games and even though they were terrible just having a wonderful time with my friends and family. Smelling the coast, tail gating and the smell of the fresh cut grass emanating around the stadium. As ugly as the stick was, there was the sort of stand off beauty about it. I went to games for about 8 years straight and EVERY time I walked into that stadium I would get a chill down my spine.

I love football

xsaMainevent on the sig
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ really liked it, Psychlone. Proud of Alex! Very Happy

Putting to Bed the Rumors that Alex Smith-Randy Moss Connection Can't Work in San Francisco

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/8/4/3219119/putting-to-bed-the-rumors-that-alex-smith-randy-moss-connection-cant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
^ really liked it, Psychlone. Proud of Alex! Very Happy

Putting to Bed the Rumors that Alex Smith-Randy Moss Connection Can't Work in San Francisco

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/8/4/3219119/putting-to-bed-the-rumors-that-alex-smith-randy-moss-connection-cant

I'm trying to temper my excitement. Stories like this don't help! When's our first game?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
When's our first game?

in 5 days... Minnesota

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought long and hard about making a separate thread for this, but I suppose it belongs here. This is easily the best Niners video I've seen...like ever. Doesn't just provide perspective on how far Alex has come, but also reminds us what a turning point the whole 2011 season was. Reminds you why sports are so great. It's about 25 mins long, but worth every second. Nothing will get you more pumped for the upcoming season. Brought tears to my eyes by the end. Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/44971571

mike23md doin work on the sig!! ^^
John232

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedNGoldinSoCal wrote:
Thought long and hard about making a separate thread for this, but I suppose it belongs here. This is easily the best Niners video I've seen...like ever. Doesn't just provide perspective on how far Alex has come, but also reminds us what a turning point the whole 2011 season was. Reminds you why sports are so great. It's about 25 mins long, but worth every second. Nothing will get you more pumped for the upcoming season. Brought tears to my eyes by the end. Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/44971571

lol, already posted :)

xsaMainevent on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: