Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23105
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:


I found it. It was the Bucs after week 11.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2010/11/21/post-game-14/

Quote:
-Bucs linebacker Niko Koutouvides said he knew when the 49ers were going to pass and when Troy Smith was going to roll out by tells given away by the offensive and Frank Gore.


Frustrating. Did a bit of searching, but couldn't find. I'm starting to get resigned into doubting my memory on this. Could have sworn there was a KC defender boasting the same thing after the week 3 game.. Confused

Whatever... guess in the grand scheme, it doesn't much matter.

Keep drinking them brooskies, your memories fine... Wink

Chiefs D costs 49ers offensive coordinator his job
Quote:
Reports say that Chiefs defenders were calling out the 49ers’ plays correctly before the snap. Raye was fired only 18 hours after receiving the dreaded “Vote of Confidence.”
http://chiefscommand.com/kansas-

http://chiefscommand.com/kansas-city-chiefs/chiefs-d-costs-49ers-offensive-coordinator-his-job


Looks like both our memories are correct. Laughing

I can't agree with that article title though. The Chiefs D did not cost Raye his job, Raye did.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninerfanwheelz


Joined: 01 Apr 2009
Posts: 11760
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I remember whenever Morgan or maybe it was Walker would motion then com back near the QB with their back turned to the QB was always a run up the middle. We all could have called better plays than that. Laughing


That was terrible Laughing
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9570
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I remember whenever Morgan or maybe it was Walker would motion then com back near the QB with their back turned to the QB was always a run up the middle. We all could have called better plays than that. Laughing


That was terrible Laughing
I remember the whole Jimmy Raye era, it was bad. I remember a lot of people got excited because he was TG's OC back in the old days and we thought VD would break out.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23105
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I remember whenever Morgan or maybe it was Walker would motion then com back near the QB with their back turned to the QB was always a run up the middle. We all could have called better plays than that. Laughing


That was terrible Laughing
I remember the whole Jimmy Raye era, it was bad. I remember a lot of people got excited because he was TG's OC back in the old days and we thought VD would break out.


I do remember anyone getting excited over Raye.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6613
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Rice: 49ers should take diaper off Alex Smith

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/27/jerry-rice-49ers-should-take-diaper-off-alex-smith/

Quote:
Smith had a good season running an offense that asked him to avoid mistakes first and foremost and, at the risk of sounding like a diabolical doubter, their “evaluation” of Peyton Manning sent a pretty strong message that they wanted something more at the quarterback spot.

Former 49ers wide receiver Jerry Rice likely agrees with that thought, although he doesn’t seem to have any problem with Smith being the guy asked to do more. Nate Davis of USA Today reports that Rice expressed that opinion in emphatic terms.

“I seriously think they got to take the diaper off this guy and let him play,” said Rice. “Let him be a grown man.”

_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9570
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Jerry Rice: 49ers should take diaper off Alex Smith

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/27/jerry-rice-49ers-should-take-diaper-off-alex-smith/

Quote:
Smith had a good season running an offense that asked him to avoid mistakes first and foremost and, at the risk of sounding like a diabolical doubter, their “evaluation” of Peyton Manning sent a pretty strong message that they wanted something more at the quarterback spot.

Former 49ers wide receiver Jerry Rice likely agrees with that thought, although he doesn’t seem to have any problem with Smith being the guy asked to do more. Nate Davis of USA Today reports that Rice expressed that opinion in emphatic terms.

“I seriously think they got to take the diaper off this guy and let him play,” said Rice. “Let him be a grown man.”
He did look that way at times. In the playoff win against the Saints he didn't have one on that's for sure. I think when the pressure is on and Alex can't over think things, he's one of the best in the league. Unfortunately, that's not the best types of games to be in.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23105
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Jerry Rice: 49ers should take diaper off Alex Smith

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/27/jerry-rice-49ers-should-take-diaper-off-alex-smith/

Quote:
Smith had a good season running an offense that asked him to avoid mistakes first and foremost and, at the risk of sounding like a diabolical doubter, their “evaluation” of Peyton Manning sent a pretty strong message that they wanted something more at the quarterback spot.

Former 49ers wide receiver Jerry Rice likely agrees with that thought, although he doesn’t seem to have any problem with Smith being the guy asked to do more. Nate Davis of USA Today reports that Rice expressed that opinion in emphatic terms.

“I seriously think they got to take the diaper off this guy and let him play,” said Rice. “Let him be a grown man.”


I agree, but I would have worded it differently. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psychlone


Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Posts: 3874
Location: Marin County, CA.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film study: Alex Smith’s story is a tearjerker
(A must watch for all 49er fans)
Quote:
Even Smith’s remaining antagonists can enjoy it. Smith’s redemptive tale bookends Ware’s film, which is half cathartic story and half 2011 Niners’ highlight video.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/05/film-study-alex-smiths-story-is-a-tearjerker/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mad Mardigan


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 355
Location: San Jose, CA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Film study: Alex Smith’s story is a tearjerker
(A must watch for all 49er fans)
Quote:
Even Smith’s remaining antagonists can enjoy it. Smith’s redemptive tale bookends Ware’s film, which is half cathartic story and half 2011 Niners’ highlight video.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/05/film-study-alex-smiths-story-is-a-tearjerker/


For an student film, that was amazing!!! I got choked up a couple of times. Thanks for sharing! I'll be passing this on to my friends...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John232


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 10675
Location: A place where everybody is from somewhere else.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Film study: Alex Smith’s story is a tearjerker
(A must watch for all 49er fans)
Quote:
Even Smith’s remaining antagonists can enjoy it. Smith’s redemptive tale bookends Ware’s film, which is half cathartic story and half 2011 Niners’ highlight video.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/05/film-study-alex-smiths-story-is-a-tearjerker/


Well, he's an editing student so I didn't expect it to be perfect. However, he had a real good choice of soundtrack, but he could of cut a fair amount of time down. What he should of done to bring the whole ressurection of this franchise full circle is before the drive of the catch III he should of cut back to the drives of the Catch 1 and 2. If he did that I would of maybe had some tears. Tonally speaking, he got it down nicely. Good use of graphics, that graphic of double digit wins and then bam....losing is still just jaw dropping.

Sports are amazing, they really are. I'm in the film industry, which is littered with artist, eccentrics and nerds. I love them, but sometimes they don't "get" why people love sports. The way I always explain it to them is when you follow a team, you're not just following players. You're following a dynamic story and often times with players we grew up watching. You see how players have grown from men into boys and how many obstacles they have to overcome. Any person, artist or not, should be able to appreciate a story like that. There is this element especially with me of having childhood memories of going to the 49er games and even though they were terrible just having a wonderful time with my friends and family. Smelling the coast, tail gating and the smell of the fresh cut grass emanating around the stadium. As ugly as the stick was, there was the sort of stand off beauty about it. I went to games for about 8 years straight and EVERY time I walked into that stadium I would get a chill down my spine.


I love football
_________________

xsaMainevent on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40151
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ really liked it, Psychlone. Proud of Alex! Very Happy




Putting to Bed the Rumors that Alex Smith-Randy Moss Connection Can't Work in San Francisco

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/8/4/3219119/putting-to-bed-the-rumors-that-alex-smith-randy-moss-connection-cant
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14426
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
^ really liked it, Psychlone. Proud of Alex! Very Happy




Putting to Bed the Rumors that Alex Smith-Randy Moss Connection Can't Work in San Francisco

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/8/4/3219119/putting-to-bed-the-rumors-that-alex-smith-randy-moss-connection-cant


I'm trying to temper my excitement. Stories like this don't help! When's our first game?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40151
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
When's our first game?


in 5 days... Minnesota
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedNGoldinSoCal


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 1141
Location: ATX via NorCal via SoCal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought long and hard about making a separate thread for this, but I suppose it belongs here. This is easily the best Niners video I've seen...like ever. Doesn't just provide perspective on how far Alex has come, but also reminds us what a turning point the whole 2011 season was. Reminds you why sports are so great. It's about 25 mins long, but worth every second. Nothing will get you more pumped for the upcoming season. Brought tears to my eyes by the end. Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/44971571
_________________
FFMD 12 - Niners Assistant General Manager

mike23md doin work on the sig!! ^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John232


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 10675
Location: A place where everybody is from somewhere else.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedNGoldinSoCal wrote:
Thought long and hard about making a separate thread for this, but I suppose it belongs here. This is easily the best Niners video I've seen...like ever. Doesn't just provide perspective on how far Alex has come, but also reminds us what a turning point the whole 2011 season was. Reminds you why sports are so great. It's about 25 mins long, but worth every second. Nothing will get you more pumped for the upcoming season. Brought tears to my eyes by the end. Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/44971571



lol, already posted :)
_________________

xsaMainevent on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group