Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Playoffs? Idk I didn't check the stats, just a guess.

True, I was just counting the regular season, since some of those QB's he listed didn't play in the playoffs last year. But like I said, the Singletary era doesn't matter. I think it just Eric Branch trying to make Smith look better than Manning since we missed out on him.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I looked back at the box score stats for the 2010 season. Now I know why they didn't want to start from the beginning of that season for stats. Alex had 3 TDs and 6 INTs to start out before the Philly game. Cherry picking at its finest. I wonder why they didn't just start after the whole Troy Smith thing? That's when he got his job back. That would make more sense to me.

I suspect the reason is that we fired one of the worst O-Coordinators in the last few years of the NFL. The comment I made about the defense calling out the plays was made during the season by an writer for one of the other teams who said their team new what was coming before we snapped the ball. That's really no surprise since many of us did as well. If you fire an your o-coordinator whose offense was outdated, ridiculously simplistic and completely tansparant, then put a new guy in place and the offense (and the QBs) begin to play much better it makes perfect sense to look at the team's (or the qb's) stats since that happened. I'm nnot gonna verify exactly what they were, but it's clear they were much better. Alex's good play did not start with the arrival of Harbaugh, it started with the departure of Jimmy Raye.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I looked back at the box score stats for the 2010 season. Now I know why they didn't want to start from the beginning of that season for stats. Alex had 3 TDs and 6 INTs to start out before the Philly game. Cherry picking at its finest. I wonder why they didn't just start after the whole Troy Smith thing? That's when he got his job back. That would make more sense to me.

I suspect the reason is that we fired one of the worst O-Coordinators in the last few years of the NFL. The comment I made about the defense calling out the plays was made during the season by an writer for one of the other teams who said their team new what was coming before we snapped the ball. That's really no surprise since many of us did as well. If you fire an your o-coordinator whose offense was outdated, ridiculously simplistic and completely tansparant, then put a new guy in place and the offense (and the QBs) begin to play much better it makes perfect sense to look at the team's (or the qb's) stats since that happened. I'm nnot gonna verify exactly what they were, but it's clear they were much better. Alex's good play did not start with the arrival of Harbaugh, it started with the departure of Jimmy Raye.

I wouldn't say that. Sure he was better after Raye than before, but that's not very hard is it? Right after Raye he had a sub-par few games until his return in week 14, and even then he was only good against weaker opponents while struggling against that Chargers.

Also, didn't that comment about opponents knowing our plays came after Raye left? I can't seem to find the article.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Also, didn't that comment about opponents knowing our plays came after Raye left? I can't seem to find the article.

No. That was a Kansas City article right after we were blown out @Arrowhead in week 3, September 26th. One day later? Jimmy Raye was axed.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2010/09/27/updates-49ers-fire-jimmy-raye/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

No. That was a Kansas City article right after we were blown out @Arrowhead in week 3, September 26th. One day later? Jimmy Raye was axed.

I'm on my phone and sometimes it alters articles and cuts them off, but I can't seem to find the quote about opponents reading out plays.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

I'm on my phone and sometimes it alters articles and cuts them off, but I can't seem to find the quote about opponents reading out plays.

The quote isn't in that link. That link simply shows that Raye was axed right after the week 3 game vs KC.

There IS a source stating that the KC defenders knew what offensive plays we were running. I'll look if I feel I need to, but I'm sure I am not the only one that remembers it or can find it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I wouldn't say that. Sure he was better after Raye than before, but that's not very hard is it? Right after Raye he had a sub-par few games until his return in week 14, and even then he was only good against weaker opponents while struggling against that Chargers.

I don't want to make a big deal about this. But here are his stats under Raye, then for the rest of 2010, then for 2011. You can see for yourself the big jump occurred after we fired Raye. As far as I'm concerned the big question is not what he's done in the past, but with the second year in our new offense, and with a good crop of receivers surrounding him, can he take another leap forward.

2010 under Raye: QBR = 66.2
Rest of 2010: QBR = 90.6
2011 under Harbaugh: QBR = 90.7 (regular season)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I don't want to make a big deal about this. But here are his stats under Raye, then for the rest of 2010, then for 2011. You can see for yourself the big jump occurred after we fired Raye. As far as I'm concerned the big question is not what he's done in the past, but with the second year in our new offense, and with a good crop of receivers surrounding him, can he take another leap forward.

2010 under Raye: QBR = 66.2
Rest of 2010: QBR = 90.6
2011 under Harbaugh: QBR = 90.7 (regular season)

Fair enough. As I said before, all that matters is what goes on with Harbaugh and this offense.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

The quote isn't in that link. That link simply shows that Raye was axed right after the week 3 game vs KC.

There IS a source stating that the KC defenders knew what offensive plays we were running. I'll look if I feel I need to, but I'm sure I am not the only one that remembers it or can find it.

I found it. It was the Bucs after week 11.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2010/11/21/post-game-14/

Quote:
-Bucs linebacker Niko Koutouvides said he knew when the 49ers were going to pass and when Troy Smith was going to roll out by tells given away by the offensive and Frank Gore.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember whenever Morgan or maybe it was Walker would motion then com back near the QB with their back turned to the QB was always a run up the middle. We all could have called better plays than that. Laughing

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I remember whenever Morgan or maybe it was Walker would motion then com back near the QB with their back turned to the QB was always a run up the middle. We all could have called better plays than that. Laughing

I do remember that. I was at the London game (Troy's first start, if I recall correctly), and every time the guy in motion would stop at the end of the line, I'd tell the guy next to me it would be a run. Every time. It was so pathetic. I'm glad we still won that game, though.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I do remember that. I was at the London game (Troy's first start, if I recall correctly), and every time the guy in motion would stop at the end of the line, I'd tell the guy next to me it would be a run. Every time. It was so pathetic. I'm glad we still won that game, though.

It was almost always Morgan. He'd stop and kind of be turned towards the FB or C. I thought it was completely stupid, and of course we did it a ton of times.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

Quote:
-Bucs linebacker Niko Koutouvides said he knew when the 49ers were going to pass and when Troy Smith was going to roll out by tells given away by the offensive and Frank Gore.

Frustrating. Did a bit of searching, but couldn't find. I'm starting to get resigned into doubting my memory on this. Could have sworn there was a KC defender boasting the same thing after the week 3 game.. Confused

Whatever... guess in the grand scheme, it doesn't much matter.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Quote:

Frustrating. Did a bit of searching, but couldn't find. I'm starting to get resigned into doubting my memory on this. Could have sworn there was a KC defender boasting the same thing after the week 3 game.. Confused

Whatever... guess in the grand scheme, it doesn't much matter.

Keep drinking them brooskies, your memories fine... Wink

Chiefs D costs 49ers offensive coordinator his job
Quote:
Reports say that Chiefs defenders were calling out the 49ers’ plays correctly before the snap. Raye was fired only 18 hours after receiving the dreaded “Vote of Confidence.”
http://chiefscommand.com/kansas-

http://chiefscommand.com/kansas-city-chiefs/chiefs-d-costs-49ers-offensive-coordinator-his-job

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Keep drinking them brooskies, your memories fine... Wink

Chiefs D costs 49ers offensive coordinator his job
Quote:
Reports say that Chiefs defenders were calling out the 49ers’ plays correctly before the snap. Raye was fired only 18 hours after receiving the dreaded “Vote of Confidence.”
http://chiefscommand.com/kansas-

http://chiefscommand.com/kansas-city-chiefs/chiefs-d-costs-49ers-offensive-coordinator-his-job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: